Air Miles for Park Tickets?

Camshell

Mouseketeer
I was on the Air Miles site and saw that use can use your air miles for park tickets at Disneyland or Disneyworld.

It takes quite a few miles to get a ticket. Just wondering if anyone has done this and what their experience was?

I think we might be able to save up miles for one or two tickets, but we are a family of 4 so we would have to also buy 2 or 3 through regular channels. I'm just trying to figure out the logistics of getting tickets this way in combination with buying regular tix through Expedia or Disney direct.

Just did this for one adult 3 day Disneyland park hopper, cost me 1750(ish) airmiles which I have been saving for about a year. This translates to about a $200 savings for our family as they are 199 right now online and I have to buy 3 more. Had them sent it Purolator so I would get it in time. Did the same thing last year for Universal in Orlando, one ticket and then bought the rest for the family, kinda cuts the pain of spending so much on the tix!

Just did this for one adult 3 day Disneyland park hopper, cost me 1750(ish) airmiles which I have been saving for about a year. This translates to about a $200 savings for our family as they are 199 right now online and I have to buy 3 more. Had them sent it Purolator so I would get it in time. Did the same thing last year for Universal in Orlando, one ticket and then bought the rest for the family, kinda cuts the pain of spending so much on the tix!

Did they send you an actual Park Hopper pass (with dates) or was it a voucher that you had to redeem at the main gate? Were there any conditions on the pass through Air Miles (expiry dates, etc.) that you remember?

We did this last year, ordered a 5 day child's ticket for my 22 year old daughter. They sent us an actual park hopper ticket which my daughter then upgraded to an adult ticket when she arrived at WDW. Easy peasy!

We usually get our Disney, Seaworld and Universal tickets through airmiles. They send the actual tickets not vouchers. We also have used airmiles for Universal hotels and flights. We can usually keep our Disney vacations pretty cheap that way.

I usually have enough airmiles to get 2 or 3 DL 3-day hoppers for our family of 4. I buy the other tickets through the Disneyland website or getawaytoday.com (because I usually buy a hotel package from them).

Airmiles give you the actual hopper passes. However, getwawaytoday gives vouchers (and it's been a while since I bought from Disney directly, but I believe the Disney website gives vouchers as well). You'd have to go up to the ticket booths, show your vouchers and ID, and they'll give you the actual hopper passes.

I ordered 3 3-day Disneyland Park Hoppers a couple of weeks ago from Airmiles. I ordered them on Tuesday and they arrived via Puralator on Friday. These tickets include one Magic Morning entrance. They are actual tickets with an expiry date. I believe first use has to by Dec. 31, 2012.

We need one more ticket so I will be buying it on Disneyland's website. You can get the 3-day Parkhopper right now for $199. You can print it and use it at the gate where they will exchange it for a real ticket.

I have never had enough airmiles for Disney tickets, but I have used airmiles to purchase Universal Orlando tickets and I received an actual ticket (not a voucher).

never have enough too buy them lol it's too much points lol i do only maybe 800 per year so lol

The Disney WORLD ones we got had no expiry date but I believe the DisneyLAND tickets do expire.

sorry i didnt post back right away Camshell...yes, my 3 day hopper is an actual ticket like everyone else has posted (with Donald on it-yay!) expires 31/12/2012 and includes one magic morning, which was a pleasant surprise I wasnt expecting. I have it on my counter in a Purolator envelope and it feels like a little hunk of gold sitting there!!!! Bottom line is there were no problems, super easy to redeem and got it quickly.

Can I upgrade the airmile Universal Orlando ticket to Annual Pass? If yes, do I need to use it once then upgrade just like the Disney tickets? I tried to search everywhere but cannot find the answer. thanks

Can I upgrade the airmile Universal Orlando ticket to Annual Pass? If yes, do I need to use it once then upgrade just like the Disney tickets? I tried to search everywhere but cannot find the answer. thanks

I jumped through hoops this past fall trying to get a straight answer from Universal regarding adding an extra day to the AM passes. The bottom line is if there is no cash value marked on the tickets you cannot upgrade them. The AM tickets do not have a cash value listed on them.

Basically Universal said no to upgrading the tickets. This question has been asked couple times here and no one has reported any success doing this.

And to the OP if you do need to buy tickets best to go to Undercover Tourist over Expedia or Disney.

Check out mousesavers.com for the cheapest ticket sellers.

Binoo, I too tried to upgrade the Universal one day pass from airmiles to a 2 day pass by offering to pay the difference is price but the customer service person at the gate said no for exactly the same reason as Maxie has just posted, no price on the ticket.

Thanks, Alohamom and Maxie. I think I will redeem Disney tickets instead. I can see many people can upgrade them successfully, right?

This is all we use our airmiles for. In 2009 we went to disneyworld and we got all 5 of us 5 day disney (they had it discounted on airmiles) and universal studios 2 day pass for all 5.
we went last year and got 5 day disney pass for 2 adult one child. We are going in oct this year. (redeemed around this time last year)
and so far we have enough for 2 adult 5 day and are 1/4 there for 5 day child. We will definately have enough by the time we go in oct. Love not having to pay for them :) love air miles.

Has anyone redeemed their air miles for Disney World park tickets since fastpass+ was introduced? If so, can you share details/experiences? TIA

Has anyone redeemed their air miles for Disney World park tickets since fastpass+ was introduced? If so, can you share details/experiences? TIA
Clearly you haven't poked you head into the Airmiles Alert thread ... come on in the water's fine! You'll find a bunch of flyer studiers and crazy miles hunting Canucks! To answer your question -- YUP a lot of us have cashed in for a BUNCH of tickets!! come on over and join in the game! This link will take you to about 2 weeks ago ...
http://www.disboards.com/threads/airmiles-alert.3442770/page-68

Clearly you haven't poked you head into the Airmiles Alert thread ... come on in the water's fine! You'll find a bunch of flyer studiers and crazy miles hunting Canucks! To answer your question -- YUP a lot of us have cashed in for a BUNCH of tickets!! come on over and join in the game! This link will take you to about 2 weeks ago ...
http://www.disboards.com/threads/airmiles-alert.3442770/page-68

Thanks for the link, I did check out that thread but didn't get to page 68! I just asked my question there as well. The title of this thread seemed a little more relevant for me, I guess it doesn't hurt to post in multiple threads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter