Airline changed flight schedule

NE4ME

Earning My Ears
I am flying NWA in June. Can the airline just change your flight whenever they feel like it. They have me getting into MCO at 11:20pm and me leaving MCO at 7:30am on my return date. Then we won't be home for another 45 min. Not to mention to get good rates we are driving over 2hours to get to the airport. Now I may have to change my dates for US/IOA too. Does anyone know if I have any rights here? Thanks

YES!!!!!!!!!!!i JUST WENT THRU THIS WITH ATA!!!!!!!! If your flight changes you have the right to ask what you are entitled to...usually to change your flight 1 day up or 1 day back or a different time on the same day...without any penalty. If these options are not suitable for you ask for a full refund. Go to www.mytravelrights.com.....specifically rule 240. Be polite when talking to airline...(I have always complemented when I have an issue, it is so hard for someone to argue a complement)but remain in control and stick to your guns. Ask for management or customer service. You will probably be on hold for a while but I do believe you will feel it's worth your time to have a flight that suits your needs. My flight only changed 10 minutes, and ATA was not happy about wanting to refund me...but they had also made an error in giving me info in my options....told me I could change cities and that was incorrect, so I had that on my side as well. BEWARE....if YOU HAVE ALREADY SPOKEN TO THE AIRLINE ABOUT THIS THEY MAY SAY THAT YOU ACCEPTED THE TERMS OF THE FLIGHT CHANGE..you most likely have 24 hours to alter your plans after you have been notified of the time change...if you have not made any changes than the airline may treat that as an acceptance of the time change.
Good luck and I hope all works out for you.

Thanks FINFAN, I just got the email last night and will call them today. I appreciate your help.

It says right on the back of the ticket I believe. The have done this to many passengers. This may be due to overbooking....:(

Just an update for anyone who ends up with their flights changed. I called NWA and the lady was very nice and changed my flight so now we can have a fun day at IOA without worrying about having to get up early to catch our flight the next day. :)

thats great! and good news to anyone who has to deal with this also. We use NWA alot as my f-i-l does a lot of travel in Asia. So we frequent flyer mile. They are usually decent to travel with, good luck and have fun.

Great news NE4ME! I love a happy ending! Have a great trip....and go play lotto...you're having a lucky day.

Just as an FYI, I have had this done to me mostly by United. Delta hardly ever gave me problems, although all airlines are free to change schedules on people.
BUT...
I have gotten refunds when their alternatives did not suit my travel plans, with no penalties so keep this in mind. You can demand a full refund if the change imposes too much on you.

Wanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter