"Airline"....the show (not Disney related persay)...

Originally posted by AuroraluvsPhillip
When is it on? I need to watch as I haven't flown since '96 and I need to know what NOT to do! <LOL>

Don't:

1. Show up just five minutes before your flight.
2. Get drunk at the airport bar before your flight.
3. Try to pass your four year old off as a 1 1/2 year old.

It repeats a whole bunch of other times throughout the week, but 10pm on Monday is when they have the new episode.

Working in a guest service industry, I see these folks every day. I swear, they're all flying to Orlando, because I see them all on vacation at Disney.

I want to see these folks' faces when they watch the show, and see how stupid they acted... I hope they realize to treat people better in future experiences. Especially when the Rep is just doing thier job, and only trying to help and watch out for the safety of everyone.

Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
I want to see these folks' faces when they watch the show, and see how stupid they acted... I hope they realize to treat people better in future experiences. Especially when the Rep is just doing thier job, and only trying to help abd watch out for the safety of everyone.

This raises a GREAT point. I am staggered by how these people are acting, but even more dumbfounded that they actually sign releases and allow these shows to be SHOWN. ON NATIONAL TV.

And you just gotta wonder what some of these people are thinking. I mean SWA is not faultless in some of the situations, but by all accounts, they are doing the very best they can.

I LOVE this show.

DW Lauri and I are hooked on this show too.

The only one I've seen where the passengers had a right to be upset is when the flight was overbooked by 50+ passengers. :earseek: I can understand the concept of overbooking, but that seems a little ridiculous!! I mean, if the plane has around 125 seats, that's 40% oversold.

And how about the one from a week or two ago, where they had a male passenger wearing a "kilt" in the gate area and had to get him to put on some pants before boarding. Kilt, my eye -- that looked like a black tennis skirt he was wearing. :rolleyes:

I love the show too!

The only time I can understand their frustaration is when the plane is overbooked. Especially a few weeks ago when they had a cruise and the cruise line WOULD NOT refund them. THAT I can understand.

Me personally I would LOVE to get bumped, but I can understand why that would be frustarating.

I don't get why Southwest doesn't just sweeten the offer? They offer $200 but that doesn't get someone off the plane...well raise it? I'm sure keeping customers happy is better than saving a few hundred dollars in the long run.

But some people are just NUTS. I love it too because the kids always get so embarassed when their parents act like that; the girl last week I think was so mad at her dad for making such a big deal about losing the ticket.

The worst was that woman who was accusing the SWA employees of being racist because they would only allow one relative to accompany a minor to the gate. When they showed her the policy in writing, she said, "Well, who makes the policy? People like you!"

Like someone at Southwest was thinking, "I bet a black family will bring a child to the airport and try to all go to the gate."

What about the guy who stank so bad they wouldn't let him board! The SW rep had to politely tell him to go wash up in the men's room, that his body odor was offensive to the passengers. Then she went and got him clothes to put on and a plastic bag to put the stinky clothes in. He handled it well!

One of the more memorable shows to me was when the wheelchair bound elderly man with alzheimers had an accident in his pants. The SWA employee went out of his way to help the man and his wife. He went so far as to personally get the gentleman cleaned up and reassure his wife that everything was OK, she was so upset. This employee said he had a mother with disabilities and he understood what they were going through.

We have this show in the UK but it's based around the airline 'Easyjet'. I agree it's compulsive viewing and don't let anyone say that the Brits are different from you lot across the pond, because any one of your posts could have been a scene from the UK version of Airline!

Did anyone see tonight's episode? That one lady sure made a stink about getting to see her kid's off...I sort of understand where she is coming from but at the same time they can't be having more people than necessary in the airport.

What amazes me is that these people make IDIOTS of themselves!!! Whats wrong with just the mother walking the kids to the plane? And then to go to another counter to try and get another pass!! These airline employees have way more patience than I do!!!

Well, I personally hate that show and the reason why I hate it is because I work for an airline :rolleyes: .Trust me, this goes on everyday at anytime. I am lucky, since, I no longer work in customer service, but, my blood pressure rises if and when I watch this show. It is so real!! ::yes:: The thing is that you cannot predict when these situations might happen. A flight could be 45% full and you get the drunk guy who is too scared to fly and decided to drink his weight in alcohol before he gets on the plane :eek: in order to calm his fear. I have seen 3 feet tall 2 yr olds who can speak clearly and read ( I am not kidding!! :p ) I have also encountered a couple of MENSA members who bring their 3 yr old to the airport to travel unaccompanied and then have the nerve to get upset, because, his kid is very mature and can travel alone as well as a 5 yr old.I could go on and on, but, I feel my blood pressure rising. So, yes people this isn't fixed, the situations are real and happen every single day :earseek:

Originally posted by Free4Life11
Did anyone see tonight's episode? That one lady sure made a stink about getting to see her kid's off...I sort of understand where she is coming from but at the same time they can't be having more people than necessary in the airport.

I was under the impression that it was TSA that governed that... not each specific airline...

You can get a gate pass from the airline at the ticket counter if you give a good enough reason for the need. It's not the TSA that issues the gate pass.

Did anyone see the man in the Tigger costume! The lady was trying to be nice and asked him some questions and he just growled at her and gave her a hug.LOL
Im sorry but I would have had to get drunk to get on that plane!

I do feel sorry for the ones that have a little too much to drink, especially when they start the party a little early, but I have been on a plane full of drunken cowboys (not the team) 2 weeks after 9/11 and it was no fun. These guys were huge, wrestle cows for a living, and were drunk!

I really like the male supervisor that wears the glasses. He's really sweet and very patient! If im ever acting belligerent in an Airport, I want him to calm me down! He could calm anyone down.

Bridgettesmom, the show actually has given me a new respect for the airline personnel, seeing some of the crap their customers put them through.

About the gate pass for the parent to accompany a child to the gate -- we wondered about that as well. I would've guessed that was a TSA regulation. What really infuriated me about that mother from this past Monday -- she & husband brought her two kids to fly to visit their father for the holidays -- was that stunt to send her husband through with her son and trying to finagle another pass from baggage. Then she pulls this business about her daughter going through without a legal guardian. Wasn't she saying that her husband (their stepdad) wasn't a legal guardian, yet she sent he son through with him???? They should have paged the stepdad back to the check-in OUTSIDE security and made the mom choose which one goes to see them off.

All those kids learned from their mother is that if you scream loud enough you can break the rules. At least the one SW employee admitted she made a mistake when she found out she had put the kids on the wrong plane.

I watched an episode of the British equivalent yesterday and it showed a couple with a 2 year old son. Instead of sending their passport back to the passport office for their son to be put onto their passport, he AMENDED IT BY HAND!!! He then seemed shocked that they wouldn't allow him to fly! Despite one of the customer service ladies trying to make the point that he had defaced an official document, all he kept saying was that he had done it last year and travelled ok! People never cease to amaze me.

This is my FAVORITE show, it's addicting! And I detest most reality shows, that includes Survivor and Trading Places. The only others I've watched are Extreme Makeover Home Edition and the other one on A&E House of Dreams.

Most of the time I agree with SWA. Even the epi where people were upset because the plane was overbooked and they were people were trying to catch a cruise. I told DH, "That is why you don't belong 1000's of miles away at 8am when your cruise ship is leaving at 4." When we've cruised we always leave the day before, just in case something happens. It never has, but, I'd rather be in FL than in MA. And, if the cruisers had gotten to the airport earlier, they would have been on the plane anyway.

And all the drunks!! I enjoy a drink just as much as anyone else, but I won't drink or take medication while I'm traveling. What if there was an emergency and you had to have your wits to survive? These people would be gonners and I wouldn't want them sitting in the exit row I had to use to evacuate either.

DH and I were sitting here incredulous over the grandma with the O2 who wanted on the flight. The daughter was upset because the Dr who had treated the mother wouldn't take her off the oxyen and SWA wouldn't accept the Dx of a Dr 1500 miles away! These are the kind of people who would have been quickest to sue if something went wrong. They both set a wonderful example for the grandson (NOT!) who was rude to the cameras as they were leaving the airport. AND the people who packed all their mother's urgent medications and then were upset that they were seperated from their bags. Who packs meds in checked bags? They are one of the things that are supposted to go in carry-ons!!

I really didn't understand why the mother this week made such a big fuss. Anything you can say at the gate you can say before you go thru security. But, then again, I didn't understand why SWA wouldn't allow the two adults, as there were two children traveling. If two kids from different families were flying on the same plane, they would have let two adults go down to the gate with them. So what is the difference here? I don't see that as a security issue.

People who fly SWA are always trying to get "A" passes, some of these people aren't even shooting for "C" passes. We get to the airport two hours early, wether or not we check in online and I don't have kids to travel with either. But then again, security isn't always out biggest issue. Our longest line is at the Dunkin' Doughnuts at TF Green AFTER you get thru security. I'd much rather be sitting or standing at the "A" gate 45 minutes before than trying to fly thru everything and having my seat be given away at the last minute.

I did feel sorry for the woman whose wedding dress was ruinned. But, personally I would have NEVER checked something so important in such a filmsy bag. I've seen those bags wedding dresses come in get ripped, just taking them out of the trunk or closet. They are meant to keep dust off temporarily, not for lifetime storage and definetly not for travel, unless it's in a closet onboard. Even then, it would have to be transfered from place to place too many times for me to trust it to protect something so priceless. And speaking of baggage, the couple who had the "expensive bag" and the man who kept saying "you ripped up my bag", gave us quite a few laughs! First of all, no one cares how expensive the bag or the things inside it are, but you. Second, the rip was microscopic. He couldn't prove it wasn't there before and what did he expect SWA to do? He also kept saying that he never signed any contract of passage. What did he think he flew under. It would be nice if people read the terms of their ticket!

I think I've talked long enough. To sum it all up...people working with the public, do NOT get paid enough!

channel: A&E Monday evening (check you local listing)
it is on at 7pm here in Sacto., Calif. I love this show. I make sure to watch it each week. Will the "season" end soon? I noticed last night's shows were both? repeats? I got irked at the snotty mom that stormed out of the plane to complain how come a person got boarded without I.D. - She could NOT understand he went thru a secondary search procedure. She is asking the Agent "You want to come on the plan and travel with us?" "That is not an option for me, mam".........I sure Hope nothing happens to me and make me act goofy like some of these passengers.
haha

I agree with Daisemae.....my boys and I have done two cruises in the past and both times have flown out late the night before so we don't have any airport issues. (well..if we don't use Delta we don't have issues at least...lol) sorry folks...just some REAL bad Delta experiences here....but never again

I also can't understand why you would check a $4,000 wedding dress!!!!!!! I wouldn't even check one that cost $900!!! A wedding dress cannot be replaced at the last minute!!

Once again....this show epitomizes how some folks just have no good old common sense.....cracks me up....

(they are advertising that NEW shows will soon be coming...yeahhh...)

Esmerelda :listen:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter