Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Make sure you check the math when you see miles posted. My Nike purchase was short 2 miles. My pre-tax total was $320 (16 miles) x 2 (multiplier). They only gave me 15 x 2 for some reason. Anyways they just gave me the extra 2 miles. I know it's nothing big, but I mean c'mon. At least give me what I earned!

Waiting for my 7x Mountain of Miles to post on that one! (112 miles).

Checked my account this morning and the airline ticket that I bought through Redtag posted. I think I bought the ticket on October 1st and it posted on the 19th. I earned 175 miles from Redtag plus what I got from Amex but I didn't even look to see what that was. Amex should be around 100 miles.

Interesting tidbit.

I changed my DS preference in AM from Dream to Cash using the app last evening (it was before 11pm). Got an email this morning saying that I changed it on November 1 (but I did it on Oct 31) and that it would take effect tomorrow (Nov 2) at 3am. When I make this change on the computer I don't have this kind of delay. If this is something new it will take longer to make the change-over. Anyone else have this happen or was it just a glitch.

True to form, there's an opportunity to use some Cash AM and get AM back (Rexall today - Sunday) and AM Cash is not working! The cashiers at my store are really good and they will text me once it's back up and running. But Really!

Edit: back up and running at 12;00 noon

With the exception of my Flu shot notice AM, all my AM have also cleared this week. There must be something new coming... :worship:

Last edited:
True to form, there's an opportunity to use some Cash AM and get AM back (Rexall today - Sunday) and AM Cash is not working! The cashiers at my store are really good and they will text me once it's back up and running. But Really!

With the exception of my Flu shot notice AM, all my AM have also cleared this week. There must be something new coming... :worship:
I was at Rexall Belleville at 900 am today and air miles cash was working at this location.

Front page of Airmiles site

SERVICE OUTAGE - AIR MILES eVOUCHERS
The AIR MILES eVoucher site will be undergoing upgrades from 10 p.m. ET on November 5, until 8 a.m. ET on November 6. During this time, Collectors will not be able to use Miles towards eVouchers. Please note that as of 10 p.m. ET on November 5, the ability to gift eVouchers will be unavailable until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Front page of Airmiles site

SERVICE OUTAGE - AIR MILES eVOUCHERS
The AIR MILES eVoucher site will be undergoing upgrades from 10 p.m. ET on November 5, until 8 a.m. ET on November 6. During this time, Collectors will not be able to use Miles towards eVouchers. Please note that as of 10 p.m. ET on November 5, the ability to gift eVouchers will be unavailable until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
I wonder if this explains why i couldn't get a Sobey's eVoucher yesterday?

My Chat re e-vouchers
Thanks for contacting AIR MILES. A representative will be with you shortly.4:37 PM
STEPHEN Connected 4:38 PM

STEPHEN Hello Melanie. How can I help?4:38 PM
MELANIE Hi I am looking for a bit of clarity re e vouchers,,see below
SERVICE OUTAGE - AIRMILES eVOUCHERS The AIR MILES eVoucher site will be undergoing upgrades from 10 p.m. ET on November 5, until 8 a.m. ET on November 6. During this time, Collectors will not be able to use Miles towards eVouchers. Please note that as of 10 p.m. ET on November 5, the ability to gift eVouchers will be unavailable until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

So is this all e vouchers including Starbucks and grocery stores
4:39 PM

STEPHEN Yes. The eVoucher site will be down for upgrades between 10pm on November 5 to 8am on November 6.
During that time you will not be able to get eVouchers.
Melanie, does that help in answering your question?
4:41 PM

MELANIE Does this mean after the Nov 5 I will not be able to give these vouchers to my son and granddaughter via email OR can I still print them and give them to them in person?4:41 PM

STEPHEN You won't be able to email it through the order process as which you are use to doing.4:42 PM
MELANIE the gifting part of the posted message is what I am not understanding going forward after the 5th Nov 4:43 PM

STEPHEN However, you can have it emailed to you and then you can forward it to them or continue printing and giving it to them.
Great question and thanks for asking.
4:43 PM

STEPHEN Yes, I hear you. It was a bit for us as well. We are currently transitioning it unto a new system but for now the gifting part will not be available.
Yes you can.
You got it.
4:44 PM

MELANIE thank-you for the clarification,,granddaughter and son live far away and it's nice to send them a treat once in awhile. thanks for your help 4:45 PM

Happy Friday everyone.
Just wondering if Jacqeuline posted this before but there's 1100 pages and I can't go through all of them to find out.
Long story short, I need to replace my suitcase and was looking for an american Tourister type with the recessed wheels. I googles it and opened up a bunch of the links and I ended up on Canada luggage depot's site and they accept air miles at the usual 1 mile for every $20 spent and also have free shipping over $49.

Happy Friday everyone.
Just wondering if Jacqeuline posted this before but there's 1100 pages and I can't go through all of them to find out.
Long story short, I need to replace my suitcase and was looking for an american Tourister type with the recessed wheels. I googles it and opened up a bunch of the links and I ended up on Canada luggage depot's site and they accept air miles at the usual 1 mile for every $20 spent and also have free shipping over $49.
There are a couple of options for buying luggage! Here's the ones i would suggest:

Hudson's Bay -- they often have sales on luggage. Currently have a 2X multiplier, free shipping if you spend > $49 on their card or $99 on any card OR free pick-up in the store (there are 3 in our area) OR every single Friday is free shipping on any amount!

Bentley -- again, lots of sales, free shipping over $49

And surprisingly -- Staples!

If you can wait till next week-ish when Shop the Block starts I can almost guarantee they will have a *coupon* that will be connected to online shopping and most stores will have multipliers as well

Good deal on the buy 4 Movie passes for 495 airmiles
Till Dec 31 you get an extra Movie
cineplex-gen-x4-2018.jpg

Cineplex Entertainment - Admit 1 (Package of 4) Plus an extra FREE General Admission

It's never been easier to experience a great night out at the movies! With over 160 theatres housing more than 1,600 screens, Cineplex Entertainment theatres are located across Canada. As the largest exhibitor of 3D and IMAX projections and exclusively providing UltraAVX, everyone is sure to find what they are looking for at their next movie experience. Make your next movie night a Cineplex night.

Limited time, while supplies last.

Enjoy a FREE movie on us!

Right now, get a FREE General Admission when you use Dream Miles for the Cineplex Entertainment 4 General Admission Package.

Ends December 31, 2019.

The admit one certificate is valid for 1 general admission.

Hugs
Mel

:hyper2: I am headed to Orlando in Jan,,staying at Disney's OKW (Old Key West Resort). I am giving the Disney Parks a skip this time around.
Yesterday we decided to go to UO/IOA for a one day visit, but I am worried that the parks will be super busy and we won't get to do much. Right now Undercover Tourist has the parks at 9/10 the whole week we are there.I am used to staying at Royal Pacific Resort and getting the Express Pass. Just too much money this trip.
I guess we could just wander around and take in the ambiance of the season.
I am wondering if you can pre book anything special to do at UO and IOA?
I wonder if Harry Potter castle will have Christmas lights?
I found info on the Grinch and Friends character breakfast but the dates only go till the end of Dec,,,I wonder if this is a year round option and future dates will be posted soon?
https://www.universalorlando.com/we...ng/the-grinch-and-friends-character-breakfast
I just hit the purchase button for tickets on airmiles,,:santa:.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter