Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Always check the best before dates on everything. They want to sell the old stuff first obviously. I usually reach to the back of the display shelf to grab what I want to buy, you will notice those are the newer stock with later expiry dates, always!
I do this with the Natrel Milk at Sobey's. I have found milk that was going to expire in a day or 2 or even had expired on the shelves. Now I always try and grab from the bag of the racks. Nobody can drink 4 litres of milk in a day or 2. I have even trained my family the same way. My nephew even knows to tip the bag and check the corners for leaky bags.

ALWAYS pull product from the back!!!! It doesn't matter what you are picking. When buying fresh produce...ALways stretch to reach what is higher up, closer to the back of the display. The oldest is ALWAYS within easy reach because most people will only pick what is right in front of them. When Buying bread.....always take from the bottom of the display racks as well. People always look at me oddly when I'm picking product off of store shelves lol

OMG !!!!!!!

Went on MDE today and found all these notices that ALL of my fastpasses were going to be cancelled. After 1.5 hours on hold with Disney find out that my ticket which was purchased through Airmiles had been voided by Airmiles. Whyyyyyyyyy?????????????? Husband's ticket and fastpasses are all fine. Disney says I have to get a ticket reinstated today or they can't guarantee my fastpasses won't be because my tickets were bought through a 3rd party.

Now sitting on hold with Airmiles to find out why and to have it reinstated. Don't need this stress with only 2 weeks before we head to the Mouse !!

Issue has been resolved !!! :cool1::cheer2::cheer2:

Apparently there was a coding error in the background (ticket had been reassigned to another name and then voided). :confused3 Airmiles was really good and helpful and were in communication with Disney to resolve the issue. Have to check in with Guest Services at Disney and they will issue and new ticket and then match my fastpasses to my husband's if necessary. Phew let's hope it all works once we get down there. 🙏

Thanks for all the pixiedust:

Here's something I found hard to believe Yesterday I ordered from Children's Place, the spend $35 get 20 bonus AM's. Confirmation came through at 10:37 AM and I had placed the order about 5 minutes before. Today, at 11:52 AM I received the email that it has shipped. Sounds about right. Then I get another email at 1:36 PM saying it has been delivered. WHAT! Shipped and delivered in less than 2 hours? How?
I took a stroll up to the mail box, very brave because its a blizzard out there, and low and behold, there is my package! Ordered yesterday, shipped and delivered today! Good job Children's Place, good job!
Also, the airmiles were posted to my account this morning. Anyone else impressed??

Here's something I found hard to believe Yesterday I ordered from Children's Place, the spend $35 get 20 bonus AM's. Confirmation came through at 10:37 AM and I had placed the order about 5 minutes before. Today, at 11:52 AM I received the email that it has shipped. Sounds about right. Then I get another email at 1:36 PM saying it has been delivered. WHAT! Shipped and delivered in less than 2 hours? How?
I took a stroll up to the mail box, very brave because its a blizzard out there, and low and behold, there is my package! Ordered yesterday, shipped and delivered today! Good job Children's Place, good job!
Also, the airmiles were posted to my account this morning. Anyone else impressed??
That's awesome! The fastest turn around I have had is 3 days, but all the mail gets routed through Winnipeg before hitting my city. I like the Children's Place for their service. Their clothes are a pretty good quality as well 👌

This isn't really airmiles connected - but wanted to share.

I had 2-7day flex CAD resident tickets (from AM) I just called Disney and modified them to 2- 7 day CAD tickets with park hopper +. I asked that the flex option be taken off because my resort is booked and I know my dates. So after they did that she said I had $125 credit! But she couldn't do anything with that money ( like put it on a gc or anything), so because I needed one more ticket - she let me buy it using the leftover credit. I really wanted to wait and use AM for that last ticket, but with the sale ending today and the credit - I had to do it.

I was going to buy waterpark tickets separately, so this save a me $210 + $135 ( US) on the other ticket.

Last edited:
Another weekend of not shopping for air miles. I will do the BMO bonus boom and get $200 sobeys gift cards next week and use them over the next month or so at the new store I got bonus offers for.

Until then, I am off to Shoppers and Superstore! I really wonder if air miles even has any idea that their program is losing steam to others...unless they don’t care lol

I had 2-7day flex CAD resident tickets (from AM) I just called Disney and modified them to 2- 7 day CAD tickets with park hopper +. I asked that the flex option be taken off because my resort is booked and I know my dates. So after they did that she said I had $125 credit! But she couldn't do anything with that money ( like put it on a gc or anything), so because I needed one more ticket - she let me buy it using the leftover credit. I really wanted to wait and use AM for that last ticket, but with the sale ending today and the credit - I had to do it.

I was going to buy waterpark tickets separately, so this save a me $210 + $135 ( US) on the other ticket.

That's awesome. It seems that we have seen quite a few examples posted over the last 6 months or so of Disney bending their traditional rules in regards to ticket upgrades. I hope it continues.

I wonder if they would let me modify the flex option to park hoppers today. I'm not cancelling the ticket just changing one of the non-discounted options. Any thoughts?

Yes,,Murphy has left the building!!!!
I booked a new trip for Disney for Next Dec ,,so happy!!!:santa:

And my son was able to sell my Oct 15 expiring Universal ticket I got from Airmiles,
for $185.00,,so happy someone is going to get to use it and that I got some money for it too.

Time to make a big pot of tea and celebrate!!
Hugs
Mel

Mel, that's great that are booked again! And good news on the resale of your other tickets!

Well, this month won't be a big airmiles earner for me. I did a Sobeys shop and with my loaded offers managed to get 81 miles for a $100 spend, but I was also buying stuff that didn't earn miles.

I won't be driving much this month because of our trip to Orlando, so my bonus 50 miles at Shell won't happen. I did get a Shell Go+ offer for Feb 12, 1 airmiles for every litre of gas, plus 1 airmile for every $1 spent in store. I should be able to do that.

I wonder if they would let me modify the flex option to park hoppers today. I'm not cancelling the ticket just changing one of the non-discounted options. Any thoughts?
I say it never hurts to ask!!
Hugs
Mel
I agree with Mel, never hurts to ask!
Add me to the list of ASK away!

Try this number - i had great luck when trying to sort out hubby's ticket from our disastrous travel agent meddling. They weren't able to actually DO anything due to the circumstances surrounding the ticket but the CM i spoke with was able to see everything on my account and sure tried a lot of things to help!

Existing Tickets
(407) 566-4985

Mel, that's great that are booked again! And good news on the resale of your other tickets!

Well, this month won't be a big airmiles earner for me. I did a Sobeys shop and with my loaded offers managed to get 81 miles for a $100 spend, but I was also buying stuff that didn't earn miles.

I won't be driving much this month because of our trip to Orlando, so my bonus 50 miles at Shell won't happen. I did get a Shell Go+ offer for Feb 12, 1 airmiles for every litre of gas, plus 1 airmile for every $1 spent in store. I should be able to do that.

Hi Hon
Thanks,,,it is a great feeling to have something to look forward to.
Disney did refund my one Villains after hours ticket which was very kind of them since it was a
Non refundable/non transferable ticket. All my other ticket are safe as they were bought years ago and don't expire.

I am in the same boat with Airmiles right now.....slowly moving along...I sure do miss my double dipping Rexall days.

Yeah the Feb. 12 at Shell looks good for me ,,not for gas but maybe an in store purchase. I should be able to get a few Airmiles,,,I looked up the Shell terms and conditions and unfortunately no gift cards allowed, Ahhhh dang!

Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter