Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Off-topic.. one of the things to hit us out the blue in December is our cat. She was born in September 2010, on the very day we left for our first WDW vacation, and we brought her home the day before Halloween. So she's only just over 9 years old. Not that old for a cat. Before we left in August (Universal trip), she had her yearly exam/shots, etc. Her weight was 11.34 lbs. Come mid-December, my husband kept insisting she lost weight. She needed to regardless, but ok. I brought her into the Vet's and discovered in that 4 month period she lost 2.21 lbs! Way too much too fast.

She ended up being diagnosed with either cancer, liver disease or fatty liver. Medicines were crazy! For 3 weeks it was 1/2 pill morning & night plus a full pill in the afternoon plus a syringe of liquid morning & night. And a 1/4 pill every 3 days to stimulate her appetite.

Every week she gets weighed. Every week she loses. Actually, twice she gained a bit. Last week she gained and for a full week kept eating a can of wet food (for cats who had surgery - easier on her stomach) every 24 hours. I was sure she would have gained weight, but yesterday I discovered she lost the weight gain and more! She's down to 7.98 lbs now. Surprisingly she's still very alert, active, not underweight (for her).

Yesterday she had another appetite stim. pill but refused to eat any of her food all night. Refused all today as well. I couldn't figure it out. She loved this stuff! Then it hit me to try opening a different can. Sure enough, she's been devouring it! I had to stop giving her all she wants as I'm afraid she'll throw it up since her stomach was so empty. Poor cat must have been trying to tell me all day something was wrong with that can and I was too stupid to understand her.

Well, I'm off to cuddle with my cat on the couch for a bit. She's wanted my attention all day and I haven't been able to give it to her until now. I don't know how many more weeks she'll be with us.
It's the worst when our fur babies are trying to tell us something and we just can't figure it out. I'm so sorry your cat is having to go through this. Enjoy the time you have left with her. I have PM'd you a poem that has helped me at a time like this.

Off-topic.. one of the things to hit us out the blue in December is our cat. She was born in September 2010, on the very day we left for our first WDW vacation, and we brought her home the day before Halloween. So she's only just over 9 years old. Not that old for a cat. Before we left in August (Universal trip), she had her yearly exam/shots, etc. Her weight was 11.34 lbs. Come mid-December, my husband kept insisting she lost weight. She needed to regardless, but ok. I brought her into the Vet's and discovered in that 4 month period she lost 2.21 lbs! Way too much too fast.

She ended up being diagnosed with either cancer, liver disease or fatty liver. Medicines were crazy! For 3 weeks it was 1/2 pill morning & night plus a full pill in the afternoon plus a syringe of liquid morning & night. And a 1/4 pill every 3 days to stimulate her appetite.

Every week she gets weighed. Every week she loses. Actually, twice she gained a bit. Last week she gained and for a full week kept eating a can of wet food (for cats who had surgery - easier on her stomach) every 24 hours. I was sure she would have gained weight, but yesterday I discovered she lost the weight gain and more! She's down to 7.98 lbs now. Surprisingly she's still very alert, active, not underweight (for her).

Yesterday she had another appetite stim. pill but refused to eat any of her food all night. Refused all today as well. I couldn't figure it out. She loved this stuff! Then it hit me to try opening a different can. Sure enough, she's been devouring it! I had to stop giving her all she wants as I'm afraid she'll throw it up since her stomach was so empty. Poor cat must have been trying to tell me all day something was wrong with that can and I was too stupid to understand her.

Well, I'm off to cuddle with my cat on the couch for a bit. She's wanted my attention all day and I haven't been able to give it to her until now. I don't know how many more weeks she'll be with us.

:hug: sending hugs and thinking of your kitty.

I hope your kitty is able to recover, and I am glad you were able to figure out what she wanted! Hopefully if you space the meals out a bit she'll fill up, sometimes they don't like the food if it is cold from the fridge, it loses it's smell. I had a sweet cat who lost a lot of weight and was just not herself, vet said it could be bone cancer or she was just old (I adopted her and had no idea how old she really was). She was on some pills which helped, but then stopped helping. It is so hard, poor little thing just lost so much weight so fast :( Now I am super paranoid about all my kitties eating enough, but not too much, and if one won't eat a meal I follow them around until I can get them to eat something. Canned food is actually much better for cats than the dry stuff but of course you have to watch which you are feeding them as many have fillers, and some have way more calories than others. The ones with gravies (as opposed to pate) are lower in calories but generally have more starches added. I have a very fat cat who has been slowly loosing weight (4 pounds since September, he's still 18lbs though) and feed him the lower calorie stuff, and yes I have done a lot of research into how many calories are in which types of food.

@Disney Addicted When my 2yo half-siamese cat started loosing weight (he was 16 pounds and lost 5 pounds pretty quickly) he had some blood tests done and he was in renal failure. He survived 4 more years with a special diet, lots of water (we bought a fountain) and some pills. He was one of the rare cat that didn't like wet food so he only got dry food. Hopefully, the vets can find your cat problem soon and that it can be controlled easily with food.

Best wishes and pixie dust to your cat. I have lost 3 cats and one dog in the past. I understand what you are going through.

We purchased magnetic hooks for our cruise and forgot to pack them. :D I added them to my packing list for August's cruise with Virgin Voyages.

I love the pink toiletry organizer bag. Too much... I added it to my wish list.

The tech organizer is interesting. I'm undecided whether it would be good or not. Specifically I'm wondering if it would be worth the slightly extra weight or space it would take up. I currently just use a ziploc bag to hold my adapters/cables.

As for water shoes, I LOVE Keens! Hands down I feel they are the best. Last year they came out with a cute dressier option that I purchased. I really wanted the blue but purchased the sandy color so they would go with anything I wore. Comfortable, waterproof, good support for walking for ages.

https://www.keenfootwear.com/en-ca/...AL_color=1022968&cgid=womens_footwear_sandals

I bought gas at Shell today and earned 71 miles. Yup put in almost 70 litres of gas. Yup Jeep was almost empty. Oh and I had a save 12 cents per litre from Sobeys so another $5.00 saved there.
Bought stuff in the store but didn't read until after that the bonus points weren't on lottery tickets so I didn't get the miles inside the store I thought I would get. Oh well live and learn.

I'd be interested to know where you shopped that the coupon worked at the self-scan. I tried in Toronto one day and a big message popped up "coupons can't be used at self-scan" and i needed to wait for a supervisor to come over.
I used both coupons, I used the self scanning register at the Rexall in the Path south of Union Station/Harborfront.

First attempt to double dip at Rexall was a failure. I had to visit the best Rexall store at University and Queen. The manager was so patiently waiting for me to get all my coupons out to scan. Got 202 AM. Wanted to make another run but really couldn’t think of anything else to buy.

Hi everyone
I too am one of the people who will no longer be shopping at Rexall once the airmiles stop. I used to prefer Shoppers anyways, only switched bc of AM.

Does anyone have the list of partners and offers for shop the block? I'm pretty sure I got all 7 partners but of course they didn't post. Sigh.

I would just like to say again how much I love this thread. I dont post very often bc I'm not organized enough. But it's such a community of caring people. I really feel like I know all of you and your pets, families, and Donald - you are a stronger duck than I, to deal so eloquently with what you are.
Love you guys

Hi everyone
I too am one of the people who will no longer be shopping at Rexall once the airmiles stop. I used to prefer Shoppers anyways, only switched bc of AM.

Does anyone have the list of partners and offers for shop the block? I'm pretty sure I got all 7 partners but of course they didn't post. Sigh.

I would just like to say again how much I love this thread. I dont post very often bc I'm not organized enough. But it's such a community of caring people. I really feel like I know all of you and your pets, families, and Donald - you are a stronger duck than I, to deal so eloquently with what you are.
Love you guys
Thanks for the kinds words, don't feel particularly strong right now but I'm doing my best to put one foot in front of the other!

If you head over to the StB thread I created a file for each province that lists all of the offers.
Offers for Quebec, Saskatchewan, Thunder Bay and Yukon
Every other region's offers

Hi everyone

Love you guys
There are a few of us who have not yet seen any AM post. In my case it is my son's account. Mine DH and another DS have all posted no issues. It often takes AM a couple of days to get all the posting done (why?). If they don't post I'll be on AM chat first thing on Tuesday to get them to straighten it all out.

In the meantime make up a list of where you shopped, the date, coupon used, amount spent (?), did they post (what it said when they posted). The agent should be able to clear it up pretty quickly with all that information in hand.

With yesterday's Rexall posted, I'm now officially Onyx again! Has everyone noticed your running total is updated real time now instead of just on Sundays?

It does seem to, which actually means I have to work harder lol, my number is not going up as quickly as I'd like to see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter