Airmiles Armchair Chatter

dancin Disney style
&
ilovetotravel1977

I hate cooking Too!
Now baking I'm getting interested in.
M&M has a few stove top meal kits (13 varieties)
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10112/1353148?page=1
Hugs
Mel
I used to do a lot of those type of meal kits but DH became border line diabetic. The carbs in those kits are too high. It’s all rice and pasta which he can’t have at all. I’m just not into cooking more than one meal so everyone has to eat like a diabetic. Which is actually a good thing....I lost 13llbs without trying, he lost 18 or 19llbs. The down side to that is we both had to buy all new clothes. The other down side is that bread/pasta/rice/potatoes are all cheap....my grocery bill went up $40+ per week.

Baking I love but stopped doing it because it’s extra sugar that DH can’t have and I don’t like to hide things from him. I baked a low sugar banana bread last week for the girls and I. My rationale was that I’m trying to clear out all odds and ends from the freezer and I had some bananas in there. Now tomorrow I’m making some peanut butter oat cookies...no idea how to justify that yet. Actually, DH can have those but he doesn’t like cookies. How that’s possible I will never understand.

I actually don't mind cooking. My brother and I take turns cooking dinner. Tomorrow is my turn and we have having a bunch of veg to use them up as well as some type of protein. We will be having pasta on Thursday night. We have started writing down a dinner menu so we know what we are going to have so the food will be defrosted.
I also made some copycat Tim Hortons chocolate chip muffins today and I will send one with my nephew for his snack tonight. Let's see if he likes it.

I wish my kid would eat more variety. The things he likes at M&M are the shepherd's pie and the lasagna (the one with lots of meat). I like more than that but it's annoying to make two meals so I don't get them often. I really like their cabbage rolls, mostly because they are too much work to make myself. I'm considering doing an order with them though, since they do have pick up or delivery and I imagine they have better stock on certain items. Oh, the roast beef, he'll eat that too. Actually we have one in the freezer... maybe I will make that tomorrow.

I made Hamburger Helper for dinner tonight, something we have not had since my children were little (about a hundred years ago) but I bought a few boxes thinking it would be a non perishable I could use when needed. My husband looked at it and asked if we were poor, :rotfl2:

I agree on the Hamburger Helper. We bought it during a blue Friday at Sobeys and after eating it my brother said - go ahead and donate the rest to the food bank. We will continue to make homemade hamburger helper.

I noticed the same thing but wasn't sure how to bump it without looking self-centred :P

ACTUALLY i did take some interesting pictures while in Metro yesterday. We decided to wait until Monday instead of our usual Sunday shopping to allow them to get stock back onto the shelves and I left hubby in the car while i went into a LOT of stores. I actually had trouble navigating the aisles because of all of the toilet paper they had in stock! There was so much it was literally impossible to maintain proper social distancing in the frozen food aisle and someone was directing traffic. It was at the end of almost every row, in the produce section it was EVERYWHERE 😱
View attachment 483158

View attachment 483159
I can’t resist and have to post this!

1B31DB03-6E30-4BF0-9217-69CCA1B9A620.jpeg

I made Hamburger Helper for dinner tonight, something we have not had since my children were little (about a hundred years ago) but I bought a few boxes thinking it would be a non perishable I could use when needed. My husband looked at it and asked if we were poor, :rotfl2:

one of my guiltiest pleasures is "au gratin" tuna helper. I can step back from it an appreciate that it's just a disgusting mess of food, but when I have the house to myself its the top of my meal planning list. So nostalgic and delicious!

It's probably been 5 or more years since I've had it, but even just writing about it makes my mouth water!

Probably boring ,,,but here is my 5 day repeat dinner menu

1. Quiche Or Omelette /Melba toast

2. Tuna Pasta Salad,,no I am not adding peas to it cause they are disgusting.lol

3. Chicken breast/California mixed veggies/side rice

4. Fresh carrots / Penne Pasta /Chicken

5. Turkey/ Baked Potato Or sweet potato /grilled mushrooms,sweet peppers

I used to eat a lot of green salads,,, but my one attempt to reintroduce it in my diet wasn't successful,
I'll try in another month.
Spaghetti with very lean ground beef is something I'd also like to reintroduce.

Looks like Metro has their Butterball Boneless Turkey Breast on sale this coming week.
$14.99
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/metro-on-flyer-march-26-to-april-11/all
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Cook It sent me an email for $40 off so I ordered for next week, not AM related though I think if MM was still a go there was a coupon for it, any way! Kiddo will probably not eat the meals but he'll eat parts of them, like one is pork chops and a salad, he'll eat the pork chops lol. It will give me a few meals and leftovers for my lunches. I will have to go to a store and get some of his mac & cheese and/or KD. Early peek at Metro flyer shows it's on sale, fingers crossed they will have some! Looks like a limit on a few things in the flyer (2 for milk), which is better for me! I need milk and this way they should have some. I will try and get there Thursday, fingers crossed! Between work meetings.

My DW is greek and had no idea what it is or was. I picked some up about a month ago, now the girls love it. Its ok, but they can prepare it themselves so go for it. Picked up the tuna helper too.

I wish my kid would eat more variety. The things he likes at M&M are the shepherd's pie and the lasagna (the one with lots of meat). I like more than that but it's annoying to make two meals so I don't get them often. I really like their cabbage rolls, mostly because they are too much work to make myself. I'm considering doing an order with them though, since they do have pick up or delivery and I imagine they have better stock on certain items. Oh, the roast beef, he'll eat that too. Actually we have one in the freezer... maybe I will make that tomorrow.
I make unrolled cabbage rolls.....it's super easy and fast. It's basically all the same ingredients but dumped in a skillet. Takes 30-40 minutes to make. I do it without rice though. We haven't had it in so long....my DD hates cabbage.
:scratchin Perhaps I'll make it this weekend just to be mean

lol lol lol....
I'm on a mission to find Tuna,,,we are a pair Jacqueline,,HUGS!
I tried 3 small tsp of roast beef last night,,,instant nausea,,bile,,vomiting.....ahhhhhhhhhh I guess that's what happens when you don't eat red meat in over a year.
Hope you found those blueberries.
Hugs
Mel

I had to stop eating beef almost 2 years ago for the symptoms you describe. I read somewhere that a tick can give you a beef allergy? No clue if it's true or not. Maybe I should research it when I have time.

Just made a big pot of spaghetti sauce and froze it. I now use ground pork and ground turkey and make it with Arctic Gardens Spaghetti veggies so it's super fast and as good as fresh veggies since I let my sauce simmer for 3-4h. Should last us until we are out of pasta. ;)

On the AM front, collecting is my last worry right now. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter