Airmiles Armchair Chatter

hope everyone is able to enjoy the day in whatever form it takes during this unusual time.
Screenshot_20200412-105050_Chrome.jpg
I'm in the midst of my next trial and while I was hoping it would be beef the dietitian nixed that idea because she thinks it will be too hard on my digestive system since I've not eaten anything that requires that much effort to be digested. Sooo this is a rather fitting suggestion on her part
20200410_144958.jpg

Last edited:
hope everyone is able to enjoy the day in whatever form it takes during this unusual time.
View attachment 487448
I'm in the midst of my next trial and while I was hoping it would be beef the dietitian nixed that idea because she thinks it will be too hard on my digestive system since I've not eaten anything that requires that much effort to be digested. Sooo this is a rather fitting suggestion on her part
View attachment 487447

Happy Easter! I cannot help you with eggs since I only eat them in crêpes and in cakes! lol. Hopefully you can successfully add a new food to your diet.

Has anyone sent back Universal tickets to Airmiles? Did you send them with tracking (go to the post office) or just mail them? Has anyone got their miles back for tickets yet?
We have decided not to do our August trip sadly and hope to get some of our miles back.

Because i know there will be at least once i need to wear a mask and my Donald one will be waiting to get washed ... took some of my son's old curtains and re-purposed them :P
Next I came across some fabric i had used for making a quilt for Birt when he was visiting last summer (remember Birt, my ice cream shopping buddy??) and made him one as well

And even though this is the entire shirt, have no fear I AM in fact wearing pants :P

Has anyone sent back Universal tickets to Airmiles? Did you send them with tracking (go to the post office) or just mail them? Has anyone got their miles back for tickets yet?
We have decided not to do our August trip sadly and hope to get some of our miles back.
I sent mine back via Fedex because of their value. I went to our local hardware store that has a Fedex counter. Haven't gotten the miles back yet and they arrived at Air Miles on March 25th.

My Amex miles posted 2 days ago and I've made Onyx. I'm happy but sad at the same time....I would have made Onyx a month ago if things had remained normal. Last year I think it was June so I suppose I'm still ahead of the game. Kind of interesting when you have nothing but time on your hands the things that you get thinking about. I realized that I'm really missing the AM hunt. I'm much more competitive than I thought and AM is a game for me.

My Amex miles posted 2 days ago and I've made Onyx. I'm happy but sad at the same time....I would have made Onyx a month ago if things had remained normal. Last year I think it was June so I suppose I'm still ahead of the game. Kind of interesting when you have nothing but time on your hands the things that you get thinking about. I realized that I'm really missing the AM hunt. I'm much more competitive than I thought and AM is a game for me.
Me too. I actually went to Safeway last night to pick up a few fresh items. I went into the bakery section, and seen that some apple puff pastry had 15 Am attached to them, so I picked those up. The hubby was actually just saying last week how he was craving them. I thought it was the perfect reason to put them into my basket. I also scored some yeast for a co-worker who has been having trouble finding some.

I'm hoping that I will be able to hit onyx this year. I'm just over half way there. I'm hoping that once all this craziness is over, I will be able to score some good AM deals. We just collecting our miles, and being patient to see how all this plays out. How soon they open the boarders, flight, hotel prices, how horrible our dollar is.

Right now we are just grateful that we are both still working. We spending virtually no money, so we will be saving those pennies, and might actually be able to even dream of a vacation once this is over and use them for a vacation, instead of having to worry about where our next paychecks are. I'm trying VERY hard to not do online shopping for some items I need/want. Once some of our businesses open I would rather support them, than some online retailer. Hence why it's halfway through the month and I only have a 50.00 balance on my cc :rotfl: Watch out for what happens when the restrictions are lifted!!!!

I'm not even half way to Onyx this year, but the year is not half over! I am still hoping Mega Miles will come back when this is all over, and STB eventually too. Those should help put me at the target. I do try and go to Metro and Sobeys for my weekly shopping, I get about 25 or so a week lol. Nothing like I'm used to :) But every little bit helps.

I got my Bonus Boom miles today too!

Well in terms of airmiles,,,,,my son decided he wanted groceries from Walmart.:( I guess the home delivery and time slot appealed to him so no airmiles for groceries.

Amazon is out for airmiles.:(

I filled up at Shell last March and I'm still at 7/8 of a tank full. So no airmiles here.:(

I did pick up 200 Airmiles from Rexall a few weeks ago but they are soon to be leaving Airmiles.:(

I did get one $117.00 shop at Staples and got 55 Airmiles:)

I might have to switch out my credit cards and start using BMO to earn a few miles.
Although I really have nothing that needs to be bought right now.

Hugs
Mel

So I need an eye cream of some sort, when I tried on my mask and took a selfie, wow do my eyes look tired! And "old". Since Rexall has their beauty even tomorrow, and there is a 100 AM coupon as well, thinking I may go get one (and some M&M lasagna they have on sale as well). I know, not really the time to think about my looks I guess. Any way, suggestions? For something I can get at Rexall? There are so many different ones and I have no idea, also don't want to stand in front them for an hour trying to choose lol. I see they have some Olay and L'oreal stuff on sale, I assume one of those might be good? More sleep would probably help too ;) but that may not happen as easily.

So I need an eye cream of some sort, when I tried on my mask and took a selfie, wow do my eyes look tired! And "old". Since Rexall has their beauty even tomorrow, and there is a 100 AM coupon as well, thinking I may go get one (and some M&M lasagna they have on sale as well). I know, not really the time to think about my looks I guess. Any way, suggestions? For something I can get at Rexall? There are so many different ones and I have no idea, also don't want to stand in front them for an hour trying to choose lol. I see they have some Olay and L'oreal stuff on sale, I assume one of those might be good? More sleep would probably help too ;) but that may not happen as easily.
I use the Olay Total Effects night cream. I like it, and have used it for years. I don't use a specific eye cream, though, so I can't help you with that. :)

I use the Olay Total Effects night cream. I like it, and have used it for years. I don't use a specific eye cream, though, so I can't help you with that. :)

Thanks, can you use it around your eyes? I never really use much, I always wonder if I can just use a "regular" cream around my eyes or what the difference is, those little eye creams seem really expensive for how much you get. But I assumed they were special somehow.

So I need an eye cream of some sort, when I tried on my mask and took a selfie, wow do my eyes look tired! And "old". Since Rexall has their beauty even tomorrow, and there is a 100 AM coupon as well,
I recently started using the Olay eye cream with retinol. I do like it. I was using a Clinque one before that I loved, but for some reason my allergies all of a sudden didn't like it anymore. So I'm trying this one. You don't need very much at all. And the retinol will help with fine lines with use over time. If you want to know more about retinol I suggest you watch this lady on youtube. She has a great channel and talks about older woman's issues. And she does talk about retinol as well and explains about how it works https://www.youtube.com/user/HotandFlashy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter