Airmiles Armchair Chatter

@dancin Disney style I found rescues difficult to deal with, which is why I ended up paying for a puppy. I have more luck with rescue cats but dogs seem to be harder to get. The humane society is usually better but obviously they are all closed at the moment. Good luck, having a pet is great for kids and I hope you are able to find one that suits your needs.

@dancin Disney style I found rescues difficult to deal with, which is why I ended up paying for a puppy. I have more luck with rescue cats but dogs seem to be harder to get. The humane society is usually better but obviously they are all closed at the moment. Good luck, having a pet is great for kids and I hope you are able to find one that suits your needs.
I like cats but we are just not cat people. I can't even find a breeder that has puppies available....if I wanted one. The wait lists are 12-18 months. Either way I prefer an older dog.....since I'm reasonably sure that I'm going to be responsible again. DD is 21 and would be happy with a puppy but I just don't see that being a good idea for her in terms of lifestyle. She is going into 4th year and then plans to do a masters after that.

I like cats but we are just not cat people. I can't even find a breeder that has puppies available....if I wanted one. The wait lists are 12-18 months. Either way I prefer an older dog.....since I'm reasonably sure that I'm going to be responsible again. DD is 21 and would be happy with a puppy but I just don't see that being a good idea for her in terms of lifestyle. She is going into 4th year and then plans to do a masters after that.

Older (already trained) dog is probably a good idea :) Sometimes breeders will retire them but even that is hard to get. Waiting lists can take awhile, I waited a few months for my puppy. I think the humane society is the best place, but I think they are closed. These are strange times and nothing seems to be working the same as it once did. Even adopting pets. I was reading about people getting scammed, sending in deposits and never getting the dog. Since it's not really possible to go visit before now. :( We have 3 cats and a dog, the cats are so much easier lol. But mine don't go for walks with me like the dog does (though I know there are some breeds that will). They do play fetch sometimes, but the dog usually gets in the way and "wins" that game. Have you looked at the Ontario SPCA site? They have some interesting resources and perhaps can direct you to available animals? They have a "meet your match" quiz that looks neat, one for adult dogs, cats or puppies.

Just back from a Sobeys shop. I had two threshold offers loaded and only one of them showed up on the receipt. Fortunately it was the larger # of AM offer. I guess the stacking of these offers has stopped (at least at my store).

I can't remember who posted about the same thing happening and having the My Offers help line post them for her. Did they post to your AM account?

Just back from a Sobeys shop. I had two threshold offers loaded and only one of them showed up on the receipt. Fortunately it was the larger # of AM offer. I guess the stacking of these offers has stopped (at least at my store).

I can't remember who posted about the same thing happening and having the My Offers help line post them for her. Did they post to your AM account?
Yes it was me and it posted to my account yesterday. Mine was the other way around though - the smaller offer showed on the receipt and it was the bigger offer that didn't. It showed up as My offers goodwill.

Did you receive your “my offers” for Sobeys/Safeway this week? There are none to load on my account for Safeway.

Yes it was me and it posted to my account yesterday. Mine was the other way around though - the smaller offer showed on the receipt and it was the bigger offer that didn't. It showed up as My offers goodwill.

Maybe I'll call and play dumb saying that one of my loaded offers didn't work. Worst they can do is explain they can't be stacked.

Did you receive your “my offers” for Sobeys/Safeway this week? There are none to load on my account for Safeway.

I got offers on all three accounts from Sobeys

Love your Tea set!!
Hugs
Mel
I don't actually own that lil tea set, just the result of a Google image search 🤪

however, after you mentioned it's international tea day I chose this mask for my trip to No Frills hard to see clearly but it's a rabbit serving tea!!!Screenshot_20200521-154644_Gallery.jpg - I've got quite the collection now, need to have some fun with it!!

Bonus Boom is a big Bonus Bust for me. The only one I'll be doing is the BMO offer. :(
Me too! I'm hoping to get to Safeway on our weekly shopping this weekend. I would like to see our Am account grow at least a little bit. Even my personal offerings suck :(

I'm not sure if I'll get to Metro today or tomorrow but I plan to do the BMO offer there. My offers this week aren't the best but I still need some stuff so it won't be hard to get to $50.

Just a tip for mask fogging. I totally forgot that my son used to smear shampoo on his hockey face shield to prevent fogging. Just did it to my glasses and will try it out later. Hopefully it works or else I will need to get contacts!

Just a tip for mask fogging. I totally forgot that my son used to smear shampoo on his hockey face shield to prevent fogging. Just did it to my glasses and will try it out later. Hopefully it works or else I will need to get contacts!

I read that soap bars and shaving cream works well too.

Just got back from Sobeys. No signage was up about their Bonus Boom offer. If anyone is curious about what the qualifying Unilever products are for the Sobeys offer (spend $40 get 50 AMs) the manager told me they are the following and gave me a detailed list of all the exact products and specific article numbers:

-All TRESemmé products
- Seventh Generation dish detergent, handwash products, laundry detergent, cleaner, diapers, baby wipes
- Vim products
- All Dove products
- Vaseline petroleum, lip therapy, lotion, intensive care products
- Degree deoderant
- Axe products
- Lipton green tea and yellow label tea
- Knorr bouillon cubes, powder, concentrated bullion, seasoning blend

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter