Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I was going to venture out to Sobeys (30 min drive away) today or tomorrow and pick up some groceries that I need plus a few AM items (as I'm already there) but I've decided against it.

The situation in Ontario is dreadful. I had a look at my list and decided I will shop at our local Metro (quickly) and forgo the AM I was going to get at Sobeys. I'll just transfer some money to my vacation fund to account for the AM I would have earned and call it a day.

I find with each passing week I am becoming more and more reluctant to venture out in the germ filled world. I fear I'm not alone and we may all be in need of some therapy after this is all over to get us back out there. Stay safe everyone and remember Airmiles is just a game we play.

Last edited:
I got Walmart pick up this week, I also placed a Petsmart order for my dog's food (it's raw, so one of the only places I can get it) for doordash delivery as I hear they may be closing even more doors, and not even allowing curbside or delivery... I have no idea but they don't think pet stores are essential at all. I don't know, I need to feed my pets? any way! no AM for me... but it's ok.

Now, I have also decided to move, June 1st!!! So I'll be eating through my freezer and cupboards so I don't have to move all that stuff. And spending the weekend cleaning the house. Hopefully before I move donations will be available again as I have a lot of stuff I was waiting to donate. If not, I'll put everything at the curb with a FREE sign and hope people take it. Not AM related but I'm excited to be moving, if a little nervous of all the work it will entail.

My regular grocery store is Sobeys so I will be shopping there today and see what air miles I can earn. Again my Sobeys offer is spend $200 get 50 airmiles and I really don't think I will get that this week. I have in the past but I will also be putting in a Walmart order for stuff I don't want to load into the buggy myself like cokes and cases of water. Let them load it into my car and I will have my nephew carry them into the house.
Now, I have also decided to move, June 1st!!! So I'll be eating through my freezer and cupboards so I don't have to move all that stuff. And spending the weekend cleaning the house. Hopefully before I move donations will be available again as I have a lot of stuff I was waiting to donate. If not, I'll put everything at the curb with a FREE sign and hope people take it. Not AM related but I'm excited to be moving, if a little nervous of all the work it will entail.
Wow what exciting news for you. Have you found a new place and is it closer to your parents place? I know that the donation centre at my cottage is open for donations but you have to book a time slot so maybe yours will have that as well.

Wow what exciting news for you. Have you found a new place and is it closer to your parents place? I know that the donation centre at my cottage is open for donations but you have to book a time slot so maybe yours will have that as well.

I will have to look into that, I will probably take a week or two to put together everything I want to donate... then see if they are doing pick up or make an appointment to drop it all off. Thanks! The place isn't far from where we are now, just new/better size for the two of us (less maintenance).

If you get stuck and need help, let me know, I'm not far from you (Beaverbrook). I can always store some stuff in my garage :flower1:

I got Walmart pick up this week, I also placed a Petsmart order for my dog's food (it's raw, so one of the only places I can get it) for doordash delivery as I hear they may be closing even more doors, and not even allowing curbside or delivery... I have no idea but they don't think pet stores are essential at all. I don't know, I need to feed my pets? any way! no AM for me... but it's ok.

Congratulations on the move! I hope that it will be a positive one for you! We moved in February, and getting the freezer/pantry emptied was my prime goal. We lucked out that donations were open some of the time when we were packing, and that my childhood church took some, too. Before donation centres opened back up, I sold a few things on FB groups, and, yes, giving stuff away was key! Good luck!

I got up early and headed to Metro (ok, so early for me is probably very late for some of you, but hey, I was there before noon :P ) armed with a list, my Baby Yoda mask (because THIS IS THE WAY to stop the spread! Get, it???), a stoic nature and URGH, head band & gloves cause, dang it was cold out there! Can I just say that the numbers in Ontario FREAK ME OUT and we've had our vaccines? I'm waiting to hear what is announced at 3:30 and I'm really hoping it's something that has some solid teeth this time.

ANYWHO those are things for other threads but give some background as to my shopping trip! I wanted to make sure we have enough in the house and ignore any Airmiles chasing, if i earned any, that would be a bonus. I walked out of there $210 poorer and a whopping 38 miles 🤪

Had to share!

This is by far the most frivolous purchase I've ever made, but I picked up this pretty rainbow cutlery at Linen Chest today on sale. I figured it would add moments of joy to every day!

Took advantage of the 2X plus the 10X on Airmilesshops. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210416-170653_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210416-170653_Chrome.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 18
Wondering if any of you know, when Shell has the get 1AM for every $1 (up to $50) and bonus doubling to 100 AM if you use easy pay, when does the doubling bonus show up? I did this in March but have not received the extra for using easy pay. Doing the same offer today as well.

Last edited:
I think i shared the fabrics that i picked up on Etsy ... and just in case anyone here doesn't look at the Covid Creativity thread I'll go Waaaaaay of topic for a little brag session :P
Here's today creation! Took me forever to create a pattern, still not 100% satisfied but it'll do for now. I took the fabric i bought on Esty and laminated it first so it won't get icky from the sanitizer

I think i shared the fabrics that i picked up on Etsy ... and just in case anyone here doesn't look at the Covid Creativity thread I'll go Waaaaaay of topic for a little brag session :P
Here's today creation! Took me forever to create a pattern, still not 100% satisfied but it'll do for now. I took the fabric i bought on Esty and laminated it first so it won't get icky from the sanitizer

Laminating the fabric was a great idea!

Is anyone else having difficulting logging into Airmiles at the moment? I can't get it to work on my laptop or on the app on my phone.

Is anyone else having difficulting logging into Airmiles at the moment? I can't get it to work on my laptop or on the app on my phone.
Yup like that irritating song - the wheels on the bus go round and round round and round round and round - that is all I am getting on my computer from the airmiles site. The little circle just keeps going round and round until finally I got a error message.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter