Airmiles Armchair Chatter

we are eating to the bottom of the freezer FOR REALS this time... I found the last of the butter I bought on crazy good sale back in 2019!
earning AM has been the least of my concern, right now I am focusing on spending as little as possible.
I did that before/after we moved in February. That, along with not shopping much anyway, is why my AM total is not moving. PC Points, however, are doing just fine with the regular PC Express pickups.

Me too. I just called (again) and actually got useful information this time! My refund is in the system, but I booked back in 2019, and it was before Air Canada changed their booking system. Those refunds have to be processed manually by Air Canada themselves, and then Air Miles informed they can proceed with the refund. The bookings on the newer system, Air Miles is able to process them without Air Canada directly having to do something. They are hoping to have these ones all done by mid-July.

I also booked in June 2019 for flights in April 2020 and filled in the forms by June 1 2021, and have yet to hear a peep. I am glad to hear you got some kind of information and I am not pressed for it, I will wait a bit longer. Although it does make me antsy when some others have received them so quickly, so I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting. It's not like I plan to do anything with them anytime soon anyway!

Last edited:
This is only slightly related to Airmiles, I'm looking for some input on our 2022 trip, you know, the one that will be 4 weeks, YES a full MONTH long!! Hubby is sick of being stuck at home and wants an extended break, who am I to question that :P

Planning to use the personal shopper to get an AP (they better be available by then!), used the formula someone figured out late 2019 of 14.2 miles/1 USD, bumped the 2019 price of $1,200 to $1,400 and that comes in around 19,880 miles. Currently have 12,572 and surprisingly, we have earn over 6,000 since January so it is doable.

Input on where to stay? Any suggestions are more than welcome both on and off-site so long as the following wants are able to be accommodated. Not against splitting the stay but really prefer not moving repeatedly.
  • King-sized bed is a MUST!
  • Quiet resort/hotel or at least locations that aren't screaming in your face
  • Kitchen facilities - at the least bigger than a bar fridge and a microwave
  • Off-site we wouldn't want to have a wickedly long drive. Won't be going to the parks very often AP mainly for parking and a quick pop into a park for food, but we will be eating most, if not all, of our meals on-site due to my stupid allergies

This is only slightly related to Airmiles, I'm looking for some input on our 2022 trip, you know, the one that will be 4 weeks, YES a full MONTH long!! Hubby is sick of being stuck at home and wants an extended break, who am I to question that :P

Planning to use the personal shopper to get an AP (they better be available by then!), used the formula someone figured out late 2019 of 14.2 miles/1 USD, bumped the 2019 price of $1,200 to $1,400 and that comes in around 19,880 miles. Currently have 12,572 and surprisingly, we have earn over 6,000 since January so it is doable.

Input on where to stay? Any suggestions are more than welcome both on and off-site so long as the following wants are able to be accommodated. Not against splitting the stay but really prefer not moving repeatedly.
  • Off-site we wouldn't want to have a wickedly long drive. Won't be going to the parks very often AP mainly for parking and a quick pop into a park for food, but we will be eating most, if not all, of our meals on-site due to my stupid allergies
That sounds like renting a house type of stay. Or spliting with a dvc stay.

That sounds like renting a house type of stay. Or spliting with a dvc stay.
That's what we were leaning towards but the King-sized bed is a deal breaker for me and I don't think any of the DVC studios offer that, do they? We wouldn't even be able to consider staying in a one-bedroom unit for that length of time but maybe for a week. Have no idea where to look for a house/condo type thing and still be able to trust what we'd end up renting. Mind boggling!

Sobeys airmiles deal
Thursday June 24-30th
buy 6 Canuck Crunch (Captain Crunch) cereal get 95 Airmiles
2/$6

Early look at Sobeys flyer here
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/sobeys-on-flyer-june-24-to-302/all
Well I would never buy 6 boxes of this cereal but I did buy 1 box last Thursday and have been nibbling away on it as a snack. I really can't eat Captain Crunch / Canuck Crunch cereal with milk but it does make a nice snack.

Ok
here is my suggestion
Southpoint at Disneys Old Key West
(Southpoint is the quieter area of the resort shhhhh don't tell anyone that).
Yes all one bedrooms come with a King size bed...Andrew loves them.
The bedroom also has a door to the large balcony area.
The kitchen is huge and there's a large bathroom with jacuzzi

Resort has
Conch Flat General store
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/shops/old-key-west-resort/conch-flats-general-store/a nice Sauna and hot tub
boats to downtown Disney
Hammocks
shuffleboard
tennis courts
ping pong tables
surrey bikes
movie rentals
small bar *Gurgling Suitcase*
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!...pO3JUCvdGjw_ZVfntXVZbwb2XGgUzGJisdkif29&hl=enPapa's Den for quiet people watching or sit outside on the balcony
Olivia's has good food
Internal resort bus
etc etc etc
Now I want to go home!!!:sad1:

Have fun researching

Hugs
Mel

So not Air Miles related but who else is waiting for the lines to go away so that they can shop at either The Dollar Tree or Dollarama? I need a few things at Dollarama but not enough to stand in a 6-8 person line up. Guess I will just be waiting for the rush to be over. I should check out The Dollar Tree as it doesn't seem as busy (at least mine isn't) but what I really want I get at Dollarama.

Will you have a vehicle? I would think yes since you are open to off-site. Here is one I have been eyeing. I'll put in the link to the actual hotel booking and a link to a video that shows the house they booked, just a bit of a walk through.
Anyways, it's Margaritaville in Orlando. There is a waterpark that you can go to as well as a hotel however there are these houses/cottages as well that look amazing and the area itself looks quiet. If your going for a month might as well be as comfortable as possible.

Margaritaville Orlando Cottages | Vacation Rentals Near Disney (margaritavilleresorts.com)
If you click the 'Stay' link you can pick 'cottage'.

(27) My First Time At Margaritaville | Swimming And Cottage Tour 2021 - YouTube

Just something to look at, might work, might not. The good thing is you will always find something in the Orlando area.

ETA-if you go to the bottom of this page you will see the distance to WDW.
Orlando Resort Location Near Disney World & Universal (margaritavilleresorts.com)

So not Air Miles related but who else is waiting for the lines to go away so that they can shop at either The Dollar Tree or Dollarama? I need a few things at Dollarama but not enough to stand in a 6-8 person line up. Guess I will just be waiting for the rush to be over. I should check out The Dollar Tree as it doesn't seem as busy (at least mine isn't) but what I really want I get at Dollarama.

Hi hon
Yeah instore retail therapy has hit me hard this past week ... Today I hit 2 weeks after my second vaccine so time to celebrate.
Yes baby steps for me....I am not so sure of all the people being to close to me yet. Sets anxiety off for me.
I went to the dollar tree today and I was surprised --maybe 3 people in the whole store (10.:00 am).
I so needed my regular stuff,, bows, tissue paper, cards, nic out , pot scrubbers , cinnamon sugar ,
kitchen/bathroom garbage bags , Rubbermaid sandwich containers , small bottles of bleach , apple cinnamon muffin mix and I found some yarn today too!!
As I was leaving I looked across the plaza and Dollarama was looking like a line was forming outside.
I know when I go to Sobeys or Rexall I go right at opening ( 7 am or 8 am).
Hope the lines start to thin a bit and that your next shop goes well!
Hugs
Mel

P.S.
I would like to try Michaels soon.

Last edited:
P.S.
I would like to try Michaels soon.
I know last week ours had a line outside. I too would like to hit Michaels and maybe Giant Tiger but I was happy today to go into a Canadian Tire store. Well my brother actually went into a store today for the first time in a while. I am the shopper and I do go to different stores but not as much since everybody reopened. We went into Canadian Tire as he had a bonus offer that could only be used instore and he also had a VISA gift card to use. He was checking the way the aisles were supposed to go and 1 aisle had the enter here where you were supposed to walk but the feet in the aisle were facing the wrong way so we weren't sure which way to go.
I saw lines at the 3 Dollaramas that we drove by today but I didn't go check out the Dollar Tree but last Saturday we drove by and no line but the Value Village had a line wrapping around the corner. I need cards as we have some birthdays coming up. Maybe I will stop tomorrow on the way home from getting our shot tomorrow. Retail Therapy - I like that.

I know last week ours had a line outside. I too would like to hit Michaels and maybe Giant Tiger but I was happy today to go into a Canadian Tire store. Well my brother actually went into a store today for the first time in a while. I am the shopper and I do go to different stores but not as much since everybody reopened. We went into Canadian Tire as he had a bonus offer that could only be used instore and he also had a VISA gift card to use. He was checking the way the aisles were supposed to go and 1 aisle had the enter here where you were supposed to walk but the feet in the aisle were facing the wrong way so we weren't sure which way to go.
I saw lines at the 3 Dollaramas that we drove by today but I didn't go check out the Dollar Tree but last Saturday we drove by and no line but the Value Village had a line wrapping around the corner. I need cards as we have some birthdays coming up. Maybe I will stop tomorrow on the way home from getting our shot tomorrow. Retail Therapy - I like that.

Ok since we are being very honest here I also went to G.T Boutique (Giant Tiger ) on Monday morning ,,,I was sitting in the parking lot at 7:45 am (keep in mind we here in Peel region have been in lockdown for months) ,,,, Oh boy I almost fell in the doors ,,it's been so long ,,,I absolutely needed cotton Capris and I bought 7 pairs of them ,,,,nothing else but I have been waiting months for these. It felt great,,, mind you at that time in the morning there was only one other lady in the store ,,,lol.
I haven't tried Canadian Tire yet but I do have a few things on a list I'd like to actually look at before I buy.
Plus I have a gift card from last year that I haven't been able to use.
Happy Retail Therapy Hon
Hugs
Mel

I went to Dollarama the day things opened up, they are right beside the pet store I also needed. There was a long line checking out but it moved fast. Next door is a Marshall's and there were a good 20+ people waiting to get in there! Not sure if that is still the case. I think it depends where you go. The Canadian Tire in Barrhaven had a line up but go to the one on Merivale and no line! Guess location matters? I just remember thinking there was too much traffic, I don't miss fighting traffic when I want to go somewhere. I will need to go back, probably on the weekend. I'm on vacation next week and I want to see if there is anything fun for kiddo and I to do.

We had a big all staff meeting today, over 200 people in my directorate, about "what will the workplace look like" and it was interesting. 80% of people want to work at home and have no reason they have to be in the building. It's nice they are listening to the employees and will be working to accommodate things, setting up "hoteling" stations at work with bookings so you can schedule time to go in. And... we will get to go get our personal items!!! I miss my nice boots, I mostly left a lot of shoes and a work mug when we came home and haven't been back.

Any way, not AM related but interesting to note that the future will change but maybe some of these things will remain. Hopefully not line ups to get into stores, though it's nice to shop without crowds. I do tend to feel guilty if I take too long, knowing others are waiting to get in.

Last weekend when we went south of the city to go to Foodland there was a Dollarama right next door. Just a few other people in the store. I insisted we go up and down each aisle as I haven't been in one in months. We picked up some items we had been waiting to get. It felt good.

Right now I'm trying to figure out what we are going to do to celebrate our 2 weeks post shot #2. I was thinking about going out for breakfast but I can't eat that food anymore. Did some research and found one or two offerings that I can manage with my new lifestyle so that may still be an option.

Maybe a beaver tail? and some new shoes for walking? Quick way to drop a load of cash at the outlet mall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter