Airmiles Armchair Chatter

When it rains it pours.. like I’d isn’t have enough stress this week the ex wants to come up for ready “ an hour “ on DS birthday on Thursday . I’m like no he’s readjusting to camp and getting in a routine and we have plans and are even away this weekend . A little advanced notice after 11 months maybe. He actually told me “ it’s fine you are away this weekend “ thanks I’m glad after 5 years you approve.
I wonder if it’s because of testing of he tests there and does a one hour visit he can get back and use the same test both border crossings .
More than happy to plan a visit for him but like a friend said wha been clearly watching too many GMA military family reunions and wants to do this for the “moment” and his Twitterfans to say what a great dad.. one hour would be so disruptive . Who wants to see their kid for an hour only after they haven’t seen them
In almost a year ..
Covid is going to be the end of me ..

Hi Hon
so sorry to hear this crap is happening .
Wishing for better days ahead for you,pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:
Hugs
Mel

Since the travel rewards site doesn’t want to have DLR tix, I made a request through a personal shopper.

I'd be interested in what they say to you. Our 2020 trip to WDW to celebrate my daughter's 30th was postponed to 2021, but now she doesn't think she'll be able to go this year. DH and I will still be going Oct/Nov, and now I'm starting to feel bad for her.

So DH and I were talking, and I just might take her for a three day weekend in September. I was looking at Air Miles / Red Tag for DLR tickets, but nothing yet.

Last edited:
Get​

75​

AIR MILES® Bonus Miles​

when you spend $50 or more on your
BMO AIR MILES Mastercard at one of the participating Partners below by
July 12, 2021.1​

42394_LOGO_GLOB_E.png
42394_LOGO_SHLC_E.png
42394_LOGO_BUDG_E.png

Targeted email
check your emails
I am going to pick up a Gift Card at Shell
Hugs
Mel

Get​

75​

AIR MILES® Bonus Miles​

when you spend $50 or more on your
BMO AIR MILES Mastercard at one of the participating Partners below by
July 12, 2021.1​

42394_LOGO_GLOB_E.png
42394_LOGO_SHLC_E.png
42394_LOGO_BUDG_E.png

Targeted email
check your emails
I am going to pick up a Gift Card at Shell
Hugs
Mel
My offer is spend $300 at AM gas or grocery partners, get 30 AM's. Nothing I'm going to go out of my way for.
I actually had this same offer a few weeks ago. Didn't get it done then either.

My offer is spend $300 at AM gas or grocery partners, get 30 AM's. Nothing I'm going to go out of my way for.
Oh my gosh
that is a terrible offer.... so sorry hon.
Hugs
Mel

I have the same as you, spend $300 get 30 AM. I will probably get this done but not going out of my way for so few AM.

I'd be interested in what they say to you. Our 2020 trip to WDW to celebrate my daughter's 30th was postponed to 2021, but now she doesn't think she'll be able to go this year. DH and I will still be going Oct/Nov, and now I'm starting to feel bad for her.

So DH and I were talking, and I just might take her for a three day weekend in September. I was looking at Air Miles / Red Tag for DLR tickets, but nothing yet.
I got back the confirmation that they are looking for the right thing about an hour later —- now waiting on the quote but will for sure share!

My BMO offer. Can I reply back and say that spam doesn’t really make me smile? 😂😫🙄

47009_BMO_Smokey_HERO_3_E.jpg
Krista, did you know that you can get even more Miles when you swipe your AIR MILES®Card along with your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard ?​

LOCKUP_Cards_AM_BMO_NOFEE_E.png

Always use both cards together at AIR MILES Partners. You can show your physical AIR MILES Card or the digital one in the AIR MILES App, so don't forget them!

I got one to load an offer in the airmiles app and get 50 AM, doesn't say anything about using what's loaded, I will need to look closer because that seems too easy.
I got the same offer but I'm only getting 25AM. I opted in and then I will load one offer today and load another offer on Thursday. The terms don't say anything about having to purchase the item but I might purchase the Thursday offer just in case.

I got the same offer but I'm only getting 25AM. I opted in and then I will load one offer today and load another offer on Thursday. The terms don't say anything about having to purchase the item but I might purchase the Thursday offer just in case.

I already have a few loaded, so it was a bit strange to get for sure. I loaded a couple Metro ones but will probably do the same as you and load again Thursday and maybe use one.

Last edited:
I'm looking at all inclusives, to probably replace Disney in December, I just can't find dates/resorts that work for my budget this year at Disney so am thinking I'll postpone that to Dec 2022, when hopefully I can book far enough in advance to get the resort I want and spend two weeks. Yup, I am so indecisive! Any way, Punta Cana or Cancun? I have it narrowed down to a few resorts in each, they all have water slide, beaches, food (of course lol) and some on site activities, and pools. We have never been before, I was going to book two weeks (for half of what Disney was adding up to be) but am thinking I should start with one week in case we (the child in particular) don't like it. I mean I know I'll be fine with a beach, pool and not having to cook or clean for a however long, but kiddo is a busy kid who doesn't do down time that well, though he loves to swim. I can't see him joining in the kids activities. Any way! Anything I should think of for either place? We probably wouldn't really leave the resort unless it's on an excursion (if they have any going on). Both places have direct flights (unless things change). I think Mexico has better food, but Punta Cana may have nicer beaches? Not sure...

I'm looking at all inclusives, to probably replace Disney in December, I just can't find dates/resorts that work for my budget this year at Disney so am thinking I'll postpone that to Dec 2022, when hopefully I can book far enough in advance to get the resort I want and spend two weeks. Yup, I am so indecisive! Any way, Punta Cana or Cancun? I have it narrowed down to a few resorts in each, they all have water slide, beaches, food (of course lol) and some on site activities, and pools. We have never been before, I was going to book two weeks (for half of what Disney was adding up to be) but am thinking I should start with one week in case we (the child in particular) don't like it. I mean I know I'll be fine with a beach, pool and not having to cook or clean for a however long, but kiddo is a busy kid who doesn't do down time that well, though he loves to swim. I can't see him joining in the kids activities. Any way! Anything I should think of for either place? We probably wouldn't really leave the resort unless it's on an excursion (if they have any going on). Both places have direct flights (unless things change). I think Mexico has better food, but Punta Cana may have nicer beaches? Not sure...
I’ve been to both and they are both lovely areas. If your not planning to leave the resort I suggest you go over to trip advisor and check out reviews on the resorts you have picked and the pictures that are posted. That may help you decide which is best suited to you and the little one. I always venture over there when I’m looking into which resort I want. It’s a great resource.
We are probably going to rebook our cruise for this October and move it into next year. I just don’t want to have to jump through hoops to get in and out of the country, not to mention all the countries we will be stopping at.

I'm looking at all inclusives, to probably replace Disney in December, I just can't find dates/resorts that work for my budget this year at Disney so am thinking I'll postpone that to Dec 2022, when hopefully I can book far enough in advance to get the resort I want and spend two weeks. Yup, I am so indecisive! Any way, Punta Cana or Cancun? I have it narrowed down to a few resorts in each, they all have water slide, beaches, food (of course lol) and some on site activities, and pools. We have never been before, I was going to book two weeks (for half of what Disney was adding up to be) but am thinking I should start with one week in case we (the child in particular) don't like it. I mean I know I'll be fine with a beach, pool and not having to cook or clean for a however long, but kiddo is a busy kid who doesn't do down time that well, though he loves to swim. I can't see him joining in the kids activities. Any way! Anything I should think of for either place? We probably wouldn't really leave the resort unless it's on an excursion (if they have any going on). Both places have direct flights (unless things change). I think Mexico has better food, but Punta Cana may have nicer beaches? Not sure..
Also...check out Youtube videos on the resorts. There are many of each of the resorts in both of those areas. Both areas have some great excursions that you could do to help keep the kiddo busy for a day, and just give something different to do.

Both areas are amazing and you will love either of them.

Sorting through the flyers and not seeing anything I need with airmiles attached to it for next week.

I decided to take my reading glasses with me and check out the expiry date of the Strawberry/Apple Motts fruit cups.
They have become a daily eat for me so I figured I'd stock up.
100 airmiles

Stopped at Shell and bought a $50 Walmart Gift Card--grand daughter and used my BMO card,,,75 airmiles.
So not a bad day in all.

Hugs
Mel

Hi Hon
I have no suggestions but am excited for you.
Have a great time planning.
Hugs
Mel

XCaret Hotel
*Most memorable experiences with family in Mexico were swimming with the Sea Turtles & Swimming in a Underground Cave.*
And Shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter