Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Dang!
Super sore throat and glands behind ears swollen ....... no walk in clinics taking walk in appointments.
I am going to try a virtual appointment at 12 pm today. Hopefully I can get something for it .
wish me luck.
Hugs Mel

Dang!
Super sore throat and glands behind ears swollen ....... no walk in clinics taking walk in appointments.
I am going to try a virtual appointment at 12 pm today. Hopefully I can get something for it .
wish me luck.
Hugs Mel
Wishing you luck, Mel. Feel better soon!

Hope everyone is staying safe. It's insane here. Most of the snow plows have been taken off the road, buses stopped hours ago. Power is out in lots of places. The police are saying "Snow plows in the region are limited or have been taken off the roadways due to unsafe conditions. Motorists are now abandoned with no means for recovery/ rescue. Those who choose to travel, do so at their own risk. Police are only able to respond to high priority calls."
Even with all this, I'm reading on some local threads, people are looking to go shopping. Insane!
Stay safe my friends!
And Merry Christmas

I’m just outside of Fort Erie and we are getting our butts kicked! I’ve never seen anything like this in my almost 50 years. The wind sounded like it was going to take my roof off all night. Somehow miraculously I kept power but so many didn’t.

My town can’t open the warming centre because the roads are impassible. The OPP stopped rescue operations down here because it’s too unsafe. Our town and Fort Erie are under a state of emergency. So many people are stranded and stuck. Even our plows are getting stuck. The town put out a call for anyone with snowmobiles to go out and try to get people out of their cars where some have been stranded for more than 24 hours.
I can’t stress enough how bad this storm has been.

All of our Christmas plans are cancelled obviously but we can do them another day. Thankful to be safe and warm, but so many aren’t right now. There is even over 80 people stuck at the border without food. It’s nuts.

ETA) sorry to barge in all dramatically. I’m just dying to tell everyone about it apparently. 😂

We dug the car out yesterday afternoon while it was still daylight so that we could clean it off again when it was time to go spend the evening with our daughter before we cleaned it off to come home again. Today was just the 2 of us and Mocha, didn't really accomplish much, just treating these 2 days as extra found freebies like snow days!
This was about a week ago, she tolerated it for a bit before she hid under the table mumbling at me in disgust
1672017484453.png

This was Friday, her humiliation suit that she was forced to wear as punishment for keeping us awake most of the night 🤣
1672017563430.png

When will it stop snowing! Boo winter :( well boo to all the shoveling any way! I'm glad I have some more time off until it's back to work. I'm glad I was able to get to Onyx for another year. I got an email from Shell that I have made Shell Go+? But I am not sure how that happened. I do need more AM for my trip in April. For some reason flights from Fort Lauderdale on May 7th are crazy prices, twice what they are the rest of the month. I'm second guessing the second cruise because of it. The flight home that day is as more than I'd normally spend round trip. But I am really looking forward to two weeks on the cruise, especially at the end of winter. The hotels are not cheap at the start either but I know I can use AM to get a nice place to stay. It will depend on when we are going to arrive, if we take an earlier flight I would like a hotel with a nice pool and some places to ear nearby, but if we don't get there until 9PM, not much point. After seeing all the travel issues the past week, I'm not sure I'm willing to risk flying Flair to FLL, though it's sure cheap! I do wish we were cruising from Orlando this time, I'd gladly add on two days to the trip and get much cheaper flight home to stay in that area. I am not sure what there is to do with kiddo in Fort Lauderdale or Miami area. I'm sure it'll work out but I have less than 4 weeks to pay off the cruises so that long to decide when we're doing.

When will it stop snowing! Boo winter :( well boo to all the shoveling any way! I'm glad I have some more time off until it's back to work. I'm glad I was able to get to Onyx for another year. I got an email from Shell that I have made Shell Go+? But I am not sure how that happened. I do need more AM for my trip in April. For some reason flights from Fort Lauderdale on May 7th are crazy prices, twice what they are the rest of the month. I'm second guessing the second cruise because of it. The flight home that day is as more than I'd normally spend round trip. But I am really looking forward to two weeks on the cruise, especially at the end of winter. The hotels are not cheap at the start either but I know I can use AM to get a nice place to stay. It will depend on when we are going to arrive, if we take an earlier flight I would like a hotel with a nice pool and some places to ear nearby, but if we don't get there until 9PM, not much point. After seeing all the travel issues the past week, I'm not sure I'm willing to risk flying Flair to FLL, though it's sure cheap! I do wish we were cruising from Orlando this time, I'd gladly add on two days to the trip and get much cheaper flight home to stay in that area. I am not sure what there is to do with kiddo in Fort Lauderdale or Miami area. I'm sure it'll work out but I have less than 4 weeks to pay off the cruises so that long to decide when we're doing.
Onyx level gives you Shell GO as a perk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter