Airmiles Armchair Chatter

This thread has been awfully quiet. Hope everyone is doing okay.
I'm still waiting on more of the AMs to show from the Metro MC weekend spends. They sure don't post in a hurry.
@dancinDisneystyle hope your feeling better.
I am still spending most of my time in bed. I had to take a PCR test for work and that came back negative…like I thought it would. So I’m hoping that by Monday I feel well enough to go back to work. I do dread the backlog I will be dealing with but this was out of my hands. DH is now also not feeling well.

I'm still sick as well! no idea where i picked this virus up from but it's been a full week now of feeling like a pile of 💩 i haven't had to cook for 7 days though so that's awesome 🤪 doing our best to keep hubby healthy so that means he's had to get his own meals and do his dishes.

We leave in 2 weeks and this stupid cold had meant postponing our trip to see Arthur twice now, hoping we're both well enough to go next Sunday to get some snuggles in before heading to see donald. I've done some online shopping to earn some miles, got some compression packing cubes and anti-fog spray for hubby's glasses from Amazon and the miles posted before the order arrived. He needed new jeans and they were on sale at The Bay so more miles!

had to send hubby to the grocery store on his own last weekend, gave him a list, told him the Mastercard threshold and crossed my fingers! Haven't even looked at this week's flyers but I'm hoping I'll be well enough to go myself this weekend.

Hope everyone feels better soon.

@Donald - my hero - hope it gets better soon and you can visit with grandson and go on your long awaited vacation.

@bababear_50 I hope you got off okay on your trip and are having a great time in Florida.

Still kicking around just not earning very many AirMiles and even my Shell + isn't doing much for me and even though I would like to shop more at Metro it isn't close by so can't always shop there.
I am just doing home stuff right now. Going to Canadian Tire tomorrow to buy a new iron so I can do some more sewing. I know no Airmiles earned on it but we are going to cash in points and get it for free - yup free - so a win win for me. My old iron served me well as I had it for over 28 years.

Last edited:
I
I'm still sick as well! no idea where i picked this virus up from but it's been a full week now of feeling like a pile of 💩 i haven't had to cook for 7 days though so that's awesome 🤪 doing our best to keep hubby healthy so that means he's had to get his own meals and do his dishes.

We leave in 2 weeks and this stupid cold had meant postponing our trip to see Arthur twice now, hoping we're both well enough to go next Sunday to get some snuggles in before heading to see donald. I've done some online shopping to earn some miles, got some compression packing cubes and anti-fog spray for hubby's glasses from Amazon and the miles posted before the order arrived. He needed new jeans and they were on sale at The Bay so more miles!

had to send hubby to the grocery store on his own last weekend, gave him a list, told him the Mastercard threshold and crossed my fingers! Haven't even looked at this week's flyers but I'm hoping I'll be well enough to go myself this weekend.
I am now convinced that I'm so sick this time because I've not been sick at all since Nov 2019. Payback time?

i don't want to see this thread get shut down due to COVID-19 discussions. I know that the hunt for miles is harder so the thread has become more of a spot to check- in with each other and share what's going on in our lives. Yeah I'm sick right now and it's the first time since 2019 but I don't care why or how or where i caught it. I'm consumed with trying to get ready for our trip in <gulp > 2 weeks and keeping my husband healthy until then! Yes, i have masked from early February 2020 and will more than likely continue to whenever I feel it's needed.

i don't want to see this thread get shut down due to COVID-19 discussions. I know that the hunt for miles is harder so the thread has become more of a spot to check- in with each other and share what's going on in our lives. Yeah I'm sick right now and it's the first time since 2019 but I don't care why or how or where i caught it. I'm consumed with trying to get ready for our trip in <gulp > 2 weeks and keeping my husband healthy until then! Yes, i have masked from early February 2020 and will more than likely continue to whenever I feel it's needed.
Me as well.
When do you leave? We leave on the 20th and are staying at the Pop until the 25th, when we will board the Fantasy. If I recall correctly, you changed from the Pop to POFQ. Maybe we will pass in one of the parks, I'll wave :wave2:.

I was just about to say the same…

Me as well.
When do you leave? We leave on the 20th and are staying at the Pop until the 25th, when we will board the Fantasy. If I recall correctly, you changed from the Pop to POFQ. Maybe we will pass in one of the parks, I'll wave :wave2:.
That’s so close now…exciting!

So another store is leaving Air Miles but only because they are closing all 54 Bed Bath and Beyond stores in Canada. I had earned some AirMiles there and would love to earn some more before they close. I may check out some items on the weekend before they decide that you can't earn anymore AirMiles.

My May flight times got bumped. We will arrive 20 minutes later, but coming home the flight is delayed to almost 4pm now. Do you think we would have time to go to a park in the morning? We will be at POP, I believe AK would open at 7 for on-site guests but HS would be easiest with skyliner. Need to be back to catch the bus by 11 or so, we could leave our bags with Bell services. Planning on Mears shuttle. But could uber, etc if needed. And we are getting UK 14 day park tickets so will have days left on those. We always seem to have crazy early flights, this has never been an option before. Even a few times on Everest or one more go on Slinky Dog would be nice. I think. Anyone done this?

My May flight times got bumped. We will arrive 20 minutes later, but coming home the flight is delayed to almost 4pm now. Do you think we would have time to go to a park in the morning? We will be at POP, I believe AK would open at 7 for on-site guests but HS would be easiest with skyliner. Need to be back to catch the bus by 11 or so, we could leave our bags with Bell services. Planning on Mears shuttle. But could uber, etc if needed. And we are getting UK 14 day park tickets so will have days left on those. We always seem to have crazy early flights, this has never been an option before. Even a few times on Everest or one more go on Slinky Dog would be nice. I think. Anyone done this?
Yes you can...catch an uber or planned drive leaving hotel by 12noon...so could get 2-3 hours park time and early morni g gets lots done....have to be out of room by 11am anyways..might as well enjoy

Could consider leaving bags in room until 1045am if it helps you get to the front of ropedrop. With skyliner, I'd be there before it starts up in the morning or could be stuck in the morning rush. Returning to resort, skyliner/uber should be fast and reliable around 11am.

April regular opening times are currently 9am for mk ak and ep, 830am for hs, May should be out soon. May could be similar but of course they always change.

For us the decision is usually based on how rushed we want to feel on the last day, how much sleep we want to have or how late we are out the night before.

I'll jump in with some AM questions. I think all of us has had the 10 day yucky flu-ish thing here now, hope everyone feels better soon.

Trying to use up some miles. Everytime I try to check "how many for" tickets, it goes to a weird page. Can you not redeem for them anymore? Anyone know how many for a waterpark ticket in August?

Looking at flights, every time I look different options appear/disappear. Once I decide what I want I never seem to find it again. I'm used to the amount fluctuations but this is so odd...any tips?

For some strange reason I couldn't log in to AM. I need to see why a bunch of cash miles have been redeemed when it's locked. I'm trying to log in and it won't accept my PIN....so now I'm locked out. How am I supposed to get back in to my account?

Yikes. Wasn't it you that had that happen with optimum points too?
Yep…twice.

I’m wondering if my account was somehow hacked but I have approx 55k dream miles so why would someone not wipe me out?
I suppose it’s possible that’s it’s a genuine error.

I'm digging in to the evoucher redemption on my account and the vouchers were supposedly sent to my email (I never received anything). I'm on a chat with 'Christina'...currently waiting for it to be sent to the fraud department. I fear that I'm going to have to take this lose as it shows my email. How in the heck could this have even happened? No one has access to this account but me. I'm wondering if the fact that I was locked out of my account yesterday has something to do with it. I suppose that maybe the fact that I was booked at a hotel through airmiles when this happened might be a help....but I doubt it.

Edit....it has been sent for investigation. However, as expected I've been told to check with my 'kids' to see if they redeemed without telling me, as Christina's kids love to do that. What part of 'NO ONE' has access to the account did not come through? It's $50 and now my cash miles are down to 11....granted I think I had cash miles from a healthcare worker thing back in 2020. That is not the point.

Last edited:
I'm digging in to the evoucher redemption on my account and the vouchers were supposedly sent to my email (I never received anything). I'm on a chat with 'Christina'...currently waiting for it to be sent to the fraud department. I fear that I'm going to have to take this lose as it shows my email. How in the heck could this have even happened? No one has access to this account but me. I'm wondering if the fact that I was locked out of my account yesterday has something to do with it. I suppose that maybe the fact that I was booked at a hotel through airmiles when this happened might be a help....but I doubt it.
What were the evouchers for? Did they say? Very odd indeed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter