Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I saw on a Costco Instagram page that Westjet gift cards are now sold at Costco. Haven’t seen them yet at my location yet though.
Ooooh I see a scouting trip to Costco to check out the gift card situation (after the Christmas zoo!) That might be a good way to save on the next trip that we're already planning

I am lucky that my three accounts are all under different names and email addresses, The third account is located at my same address but she has her own name and email address so nothing to do with me.

I am lucky that my three accounts are all under different names and email addresses, The third account is located at my same address but she has her own name and email address so nothing to do with me.
Both of mine were completely separate as well, other than the address. I guess I'm just a real stickler for following rules and was beginning to feel badly about double-dipping. That's just me though, I have a rather large (and at times it's both annoying and dangerous) justice-based attitude.

Both of mine were completely separate as well, other than the address. I guess I'm just a real stickler for following rules and was beginning to feel badly about double-dipping. That's just me though, I have a rather large (and at times it's both annoying and dangerous) justice-based attitude.
Technically it’s my sons card in his name he’s 21 at his college address his email but he orders through Amazon and whatnot and that account is mine .
His app still shows maybe a glitch. Like I said it’s been a horrible year so knowing my luck

It was a glitch . Thank goodness sorry to panic everyone
Oh yeah. Glad for you. You don't need anymore worries before Christmas.
I knew that all my accounts were safe as 1 is my Mom's at her address and she has had it since 1997. 1 is mine which I have had since 2000 at my address and the last is my nephews girlfriend and even though she lives with me now, I think she had it before she moved here.
I just help them earn the miles. Sometimes I hound them to earn the miles but same diff.

Just throwing this out there checked my sons airmiles acct and it’s either glitching or they’ve shut it down . Remember the notice thing about more than one card… probably just my luck but check your accounts
DS accounts still works, likely just a glitch.

On the plus side, anyone who did the Metro use 95AM Cash last weekend, those have just posted. Lightening quick!

Last edited:
Morning guys
Has anyone ordered Disney tickets through airmiles lately? Wondering the lead time ?
I’m in a blue mood. Money is super tight this year and daughters grad trip is in Feb the trip itself in good for its the not working while we are gone will suck.
And the holidays always are hard since I lost my mom I guess. I’ve tried to make it special for the kids but this year I’m working Dec 25, first draft if schedule had me off Xmas day so I picked up the 24th. And you guessed it I’m eves the 23 on a 12 Dec 24 (7-7) and 7-3 Christmas Day. Off the 26th doubles 27/28.I stayed casual to see my kids ha ha ha ha
I think the final string was my landlord . We moved in April haven’t been any trouble texts me yesterday to wish me Merry Christmas and in same text informs me rent will be going up . Like seriously no sense of awareness.
Hugs to all especially those struggling over the holidays .
T
Sorry for your struggles this past year. I get it on the holidays after losing parents. We're starting to make new traditions with friends and I'm excited for this Christmas!
As Ottawa mom mentioned, landlord can't just send a text. Has to be 90 days notice, no more than 2.5% for this year.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/residential-rent-increases Did he say when it is going up?

I was planning to order my disney tickets through AM today, after my BMO points posted. However, now the 7 day Canadian Resident Base Ticket they had yesterday, which I need, is not listed today!! GRRRRRRR.

1b4b8c6b1132adc967b27d891e55eed7.jpg
Happy Friday
I need a big cup of Coffee today.
O/T

snoopy-coffee-logo-EBA4E347DB-seeklogo.com.png

I am downsizing my Christmas list,,
I just decided to do my own family (my sons, granddaughter ) ,, its been a long time coming.
I have a BIG extended family (27) ,,, so there will be extra going into the saving account this year.
2 kitty cats still on the list.
I am actually ok with this decision after sleeping on it overnight.
2images.jpg
Maybe meeting the Grinch has had a positive effect on me. LOL
1602322004-296ff3b79a9caad3003b341c287f0cde.jpg
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Sorry for your struggles this past year. I get it on the holidays after losing parents. We're starting to make new traditions with friends and I'm excited for this Christmas!
As Ottawa mom mentioned, landlord can't just send a text. Has to be 90 days notice, no more than 2.5% for this year.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/residential-rent-increases Did he say when it is going up?

I was planning to order my disney tickets through AM today, after my BMO points posted. However, now the 7 day Canadian Resident Base Ticket they had yesterday, which I need, is not listed today!! GRRRRRRR.
I just logged in and the cdn base ticket is available. I used 8 April 2024 as a start date.

Try again, hopefully it works for you this time.

I was planning to order my disney tickets through AM today, after my BMO points posted. However, now the 7 day Canadian Resident Base Ticket they had yesterday, which I need, is not listed today!!

I just logged in and the cdn base ticket is available. I used 8 April 2024 as a start date.

Try again, hopefully it works for you this time.
Yay. It worked! I put in different dates, the 7 day came up, then I chose my actual date I'm going and they were there!
Received the code for my tickets 14 minutes later, and they are uploaded to my account, no issues!

Now to start saving for our next Disney trip after this one (which we say is 3 years... but we shall see! We all know how we are on here!! ha ha)

I just decided to do my own family (my sons, granddaughter ) ,, its been a long time coming.
I have a BIG extended family (27) ,,, so there will be extra going into the saving account this year.
Pre Covid we had Christmas Eve for family, about 50 people. Food, drinks (no alcohol), presents for each child, candy bag for each child, take home gift for each female. It was easily $1000. Covid canceled that for a few years and I decided last Christmas that I was not going to pick it up again. It's sad, other than weddings/funerals, the only time we all got together but it is so much work. Family has been hinting a lot that we should pick it up again but I don't really want to. It's a lot of work for me. At first I was torn but now I'm okay with it. If it's all that important, someone else can pick it up, I've done it for 35 years. We also cut our Christmas gift list to just our family. I have asked everyone not to send gifts as it will not be returned.
Point is, don't feel bad because you are streamlining. It gets to be a lot. Just enjoy the day with your own family and don't worry about the extended one.
Also, Hugs back to you since you always send them to us. :hug:

Yay. It worked! I put in different dates, the 7 day came up, then I chose my actual date I'm going and they were there!
Received the code for my tickets 14 minutes later, and they are uploaded to my account, no issues!

Now to start saving for our next Disney trip after this one (which we say is 3 years... but we shall see! We all know how we are on here!! ha ha)
Glad it worked out for you. I have always loved using my air miles for Disney Tickets.

View attachment 819571
Happy Friday
I need a big cup of Coffee today.
O/T

View attachment 819572

View attachment 819576
Maybe meeting the Grinch has had a positive effect on me. LOL
View attachment 819579
Hugs Mel
We have also decided to downsize the giving this year. More get togethers with the ones I used to gift things to. It's the gift of time (company) this year. Kids, grandchild and parents still on the list.

Still having that love/hate with AM receipts. None of them worked today. Submitted inquiries. If it wasn't for the bonus 20AM for doing an offer I wouldn't have even bothered. All items purchased were on my grocery list. This program should work better if they are going to continue with it.

Last edited:
Happy Saturday... get up and get ready for the weekend!
Today I am testing Tim Hortons Baileys coffee,,, not as good as Starbucks sugar cookie latte with oatmilk.

Hugs MelView attachment 819882

View attachment 819884

Thought this was cute.
We are in a bus headed to a hockey game. There were 4 diff Baileys options for people’s coffees this am. Lol i didn’t know there were flavours .. ( don’t do coffee or drink really )
Should be home around 430 work 7-11 pm tonight says tomorrow 7-7 days Christmas just 7-3 then off Boxing Day.
Thankfully big kid is home he just took the big beast to get groomed . And is doing the Turkey Xmas day I feel so blessed sometimes ..

At the airport, flight delayed 2 1/2 hours. Which is probably ok since traffic to get here was nuts. I miss my cats and dog, and my own bed lol. I do not miss having to cook and clean. Or do laundry which we will have a lot of.

And I will hope for some good AM deals when we get home! I have metro already set up for delivery tomorrow. Hopefully everything will be in stock ok.

We are in a bus headed to a hockey game. There were 4 diff Baileys options for people’s coffees this am. Lol i didn’t know there were flavours .. ( don’t do coffee or drink really )
Should be home around 430 work 7-11 pm tonight says tomorrow 7-7 days Christmas just 7-3 then off Boxing Day.
Thankfully big kid is home he just took the big beast to get groomed . And is doing the Turkey Xmas day I feel so blessed sometimes ..
Double hugs Hon
Well with no gallbladder I really have to watch the cream/stuff so I don't usually order something with this much cream on it,, probably will regret it soon. Ah hockey I remember it well ,,my dad was a coach with Hockey Canada years ago. Our life revolved around cold damp arenas. Stay toasty.
Yep I did 15 years of extra part time work , (along with working fulltime in a school) in residential services to help raise 3 kids and was also blessed with three great sons that understood that meant missing out sometimes. Part time always gets the graveyard /overnight shifts.
(and every holiday ).
It's a hard life/Live/Work balance especially on your own.
Be good to yourself.
Merry Christmas
Hugs Mel
a854842cb71c68cf3d4156045b83f15a.jpg

Double hugs Hon
Well with no gallbladder I really have to watch the cream/stuff so I don't usually order something with this much cream on it,, probably will regret it soon. Ah hockey I remember it well ,,my dad was a coach with Hockey Canada years ago. Our life revolved around cold damp arenas. Stay toasty.
Yep I did 15 years of extra part time work , (along with working fulltime in a school) in residential services to help raise 3 kids and was also blessed with three great sons that understood that meant missing out sometimes. Part time always gets the graveyard /overnight shifts.
(and every holiday ).
It's a hard life/Live/Work balance especially on your own.
Be good to yourself.
Merry Christmas
Hugs Mel
View attachment 819894

I also had my gallbladder removed (June 2020, right in the thick of the pandemic) so I hear you in this! Strangely enough, cream is fine but I have to watch things like pizza and Korean fried chicken. Sad because I LOVE Korean fried chicken! 😭

At the airport, flight delayed 2 1/2 hours. Which is probably ok since traffic to get here was nuts. I miss my cats and dog, and my own bed lol. I do not miss having to cook and clean. Or do laundry which we will have a lot of.

And I will hope for some good AM deals when we get home! I have metro already set up for delivery tomorrow. Hopefully everything will be in stock ok.
Thinking of you and hope you made it home safely.
Hugs Mel & the Gang!
heather7.jpg
BUhyQkPCcAAkFlZ.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter