Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Okay that's what I was thinking for cost. Maybe we'll just wing it and if it's calling for legit rain, we'll be proactive and buy them when we get in the park.
Sorry just checking some more recent posts. They could be up to 11 or12 bucks. But we always take ours back, they are thicker and the replacement if needed is great.

Question about Rexall Load N Go
This morning a spend 50 get 100 airmiles appeared in my load N Go
Now it says no loading required. So do you think I will get this threshold 100 and the email 100 one they sent me ?
A girl can hope right?
I am giving my Dinner tickets to my son and daughter-inlaw--they live in Toronto.I have done this many times with no issues. I will just give them the tickets when they arrive. Sometimes it asks you if this is a gift and then you fill in the person email and name.
Have a great Day!
Hugs Mel

I was thinking the same thing. Plus the spend $50 get 50 is only good Wed - Thurs. I have to say, I'm happy I waited until today to go to Rexall. With the spend $50 get 100 in-store offer plus the spend $50 get 100 L&G, I'm hoping these will stack. Looking at my list (targeted offers and the usual necessities), I can definitely get to $50. I'll let you all know how it goes.
They started this little "pysch-out" trick with the threshold offer mid-summer .. it is just the same offer as is in the flyer for the weekend so it won't stack with that offer .. it's the same one, sorry.

My targeted threshold is also the stupid "are-you-kidding-me" spend $50 get 50 AM --- I'm planning on trying to do a FB chat with Rexall later today to check on a couple of things (how exactly do i get the free CARP membership, do i need to wait till Tuesday to spend the $50 or can i do that today??) and I will ask them about how we can prioritize the offers we want to use ie if the e-mail coupon is say spend $50 get 80 AM like this week, and I have loaded my offers and manage to pick up an item from that list that's gonna give me a measly 3 AM I don't want just 3 i want the 80!!! Seriously doubt they'll even know how this works!

Do you think the universal orlando tickets will go back to the 2 day 2 park after the promo is done (3 park, 2 days + 2 days free)? I already have 2 of the 2 day 2 park tickets and have been holding out to get the others I need for April as we are only going to be there for 2 days. I paid 4850AM for the 2 tickets and it would be 7100 now for the ones they offer.

Plan for today.

Groceries at Sobeys. Use their spend $100 get 100AM. I've got another 40AM worth of stuff I need, so I'll add that to my cart.

Rexall. Spend $50 get 100AM.
Question. Can the offer above be combined with load and go offers? I'm a bit confused by all the changes.

Plan for today.

Groceries at Sobeys. Use their spend $100 get 100AM. I've got another 40AM worth of stuff I need, so I'll add that to my cart.

Rexall. Spend $50 get 100AM.
Question. Can the offer above be combined with load and go offers? I'm a bit confused by all the changes.
YES, the flyer offers will stack with all other offers. The problem only comes when you add in any of the coupons that are available .. the weekly emailed threshold spend coupon, the survey coupon for $5.00 off or any receipt coupons are slowly following to the wording "no combining" with loaded offers.

You're safe to go to Rexall and get both the 100 AM AND any of your loaded offers

Thanks!
YES, the flyer offers will stack with all other offers. The problem only comes when you add in any of the coupons that are available .. the weekly emailed threshold spend coupon, the survey coupon for $5.00 off or any receipt coupons are slowly following to the wording "no combining" with loaded offers.

You're safe to go to Rexall and get both the 100 AM AND any of your loaded offers

They started this little "pysch-out" trick with the threshold offer mid-summer .. it is just the same offer as is in the flyer for the weekend so it won't stack with that offer .. it's the same one, sorry.

My targeted threshold is also the stupid "are-you-kidding-me" spend $50 get 50 AM --- I'm planning on trying to do a FB chat with Rexall later today to check on a couple of things (how exactly do i get the free CARP membership, do i need to wait till Tuesday to spend the $50 or can i do that today??) and I will ask them about how we can prioritize the offers we want to use ie if the e-mail coupon is say spend $50 get 80 AM like this week, and I have loaded my offers and manage to pick up an item from that list that's gonna give me a measly 3 AM I don't want just 3 i want the 80!!! Seriously doubt they'll even know how this works!

I saw the sign in-store, I believe it is good only on Tuesday (Seniors day).

I had a chat with the cashier and she said the email coupon from last week wasn't loading for anyone. I thought it might be because I had L&G items I was buying but she said it didn't work for people who have never even heard of L&G.

On a plus note, for Ottawa Rexall customers, the spend $30 get 50AM is back as a coupon on the receipt (mine anyway). This will be a better deal than the Spend $50 get 50AM L&G.

I can't wait until the AMs deals ramp up here in Ontario. So far this year I've accumulated 182 but 167 of them literally just came from Rexall a couple hours ago lol. I guess for now I can look forward to the 2000AM Shop the Block bonus that's supposed to come at the end of the month. :|

Looks like we will have to fill out the missing miles form for those bonus 50 miles from back in November for the Air Miles Shops promotion! ugh. The cut off date is January 23rd, I believe.

It drives me nuts that they can't just apply the miles within a reasonable time. Perhaps reconciling all of their promotions on a monthly basis?? Having to keep track of 30 days, 45 days, 60 days, etc is so stupid.

*rant over*
Yeah, I'm getting REALLY tired of needing to chase down miles and since my account has been "flagged" because i've done this a lot in the last year they will be demanding i provide proof each time. I said "FINE I have every single receipt of anything every bought in this household back to 2011." Since hubby has his own business and we claim in use of home expenses on those taxes they can demand proof for the 7 + current year purchases.
I'm glad i use this different font so i could search back for the first post i made about this promo (GAG was on page 407!!) Based on the fine print we can look forward to a chat after Tuesday January 23rd. Since i know my StB transactions took place during this time period I'm going to wait until THAT date passes -- my latest for that is Feb 8th <sigh>

For all my fellow on-line shoppers there is a new promo that popped up when they launched the new site. I just hope the miles start posting a bit more consistently!

I can't wait until the AMs deals ramp up here in Ontario. So far this year I've accumulated 182 but 167 of them literally just came from Rexall a couple hours ago lol. I guess for now I can look forward to the 2000AM Shop the Block bonus that's supposed to come at the end of the month. :|
:thumbsup2
Better than me....I just looked and my Onyx page says I've accumulated 2. (My statement this week said 32) LOL

I think I have two beat for airmile sadness...I've ha whopping 7 so far this year :crutches::cool1::rotfl2:
Current status (until March 31, 2019)

Onyx

You've collected:
7*
Miles this year
*Updated weekly each Sunday
trackerImg.jsp

So far this year I've accumulated 182 but 167 of them literally just came from Rexall a couple hours ago lol

Better than me....I just looked and my Onyx page says I've accumulated 2. (My statement this week said 32) LOL

Yeah, I'm getting REALLY tired of needing to chase down miles and since my account has been "flagged" because i've done this a lot in the last year they will be demanding i provide proof each time. I said "FINE I have every single receipt of anything every bought in this household back to 2011." Since hubby has his own business and we claim in use of home expenses on those taxes they can demand proof for the 7 + current year purchases.
I'm glad i use this different font so i could search back for the first post i made about this promo (GAG was on page 407!!) Based on the fine print we can look forward to a chat after Tuesday January 23rd. Since i know my StB transactions took place during this time period I'm going to wait until THAT date passes -- my latest for that is Feb 8th <sigh>

Honestly, I try to keep on top of what miles I'm expecting, but sometimes these smaller ones slip my mind. I'm so glad that this group reminds me of what I should be looking out for! Anyways, I just logged into my air miles account to see if I need to hunt down these miles too, and I found the miles posted today ("Airmilesshops purchase bonus"). So maybe others will get lucky too and not need to hunt them down?

Honestly, I try to keep on top of what miles I'm expecting, but sometimes these smaller ones slip my mind. I'm so glad that this group reminds me of what I should be looking out for! Anyways, I just logged into my air miles account to see if I need to hunt down these miles too, and I found the miles posted today ("Airmilesshops purchase bonus"). So maybe others will get lucky too and not need to hunt them down?

Yup there they are! phew.

I was searching to see how to cancel my Sobeys M/C when I came across this interesting little known fact on the airmiles website, not that it would apply to any of us but we may know someone it could happen to.

AIR MILES accounts are closed if you have not collected, used, bought, or transferred at least one Mile for 24 consecutive months or longer. Once an Account is closed, all Miles within the Account will be lost.

Mine too and also what appears to be the 150 for 3 airmileshops for STB:

upload_2018-1-19_12-52-31.png

You're right, Duck - it didn't stack. I used a couple targeted offers and ended up spending $52.17 for a total of 134 air miles. Big Whoop. Not.

I told my Rexall lady that their offers since the start of the year have been pretty bad and she agreed.

How much are the ones at WDW? Might be a better use of money. Keep the cheapy ones for the flume rides.
It’s $10 and better quality. DD forgot her umbrella. I believe she did it on purpose and I got her a poncho and she loved it. It definitely can be reused.

Off topic: I have a bunch of those clear, dollarama rain ponchos. Anyone use these? Do they tear easily? Will I be to reuse them? Just wondering if I should "splurge" on the $4 ponchos LOL

For us, they are a one-time use. Even the 3-4$ ones from WM were not used more than once as they tear easily. In fact, the only poncho we re-used is the one I bought at WDW. It's thick enough and if it tears, WDW replaces it.

I "splurged" on ponchos from Ikea before we went down in hurricane season. Hurricane Matthew rained down on us hard and I never once regretted the purchase.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/60283421/

Hi Hon
It says all taxes and gratuity included,,I am wondering if people traditionally leave a little something extra?
  • Overview
  • Terms & Conditions
Wednesday, February 21st at 6:30pm

Richmond Station
1 Richmond Street West, Suite 120

The exclusive AIR MILES Package for one (1) includes:
  • Welcome cocktail and canapes upon arrival
  • 3-course meal with wine parings hosted by Chef Carl Heinrich
  • All taxes and gratuities
:thanks:
As usual, I forgot to read the fine prints and save the info!
Thanks Mel!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter