Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Uuugghh, I went to a Sobeys with a pharmacy today and used my final coupon for my mega miles. I didn't realize though that the vitamins I picked up already had an airmiles bonus attached to them, so now I don't know which bonus went through.

Uuugghh, I went to a Sobeys with a pharmacy today and used my final coupon for my mega miles. I didn't realize though that the vitamins I picked up already had an airmiles bonus attached to them, so now I don't know which bonus went through.
If you used the MM coupon properly you will see a PLU code on the receipt. (haven't used it myself so i don't know the exact # you will see)

I just checked my Mega Miles Sobeys OTC (Over the counter) receipt and I do not see a PLU code on it
it says
GROCERY
Airmiles Promotion.....$0.10C
huile d'olive...............$13.79HC (this is a non prescription earache remedy spray).
BONUS EARNED.........20 Miles
subtotal $13.89
total tax $1.79
TOTAL $15.68
Total number of items 2 (which is weird cause I only bought one item).
Both my sons card and my card read this way.
***Did I maybe get charged 10 cents by airmiles?,,lol...?
Hugs Mel

I just checked my Mega Miles Sobeys OTC (Over the counter) receipt and I do not see a PLU code on it
it says
GROCERY
Airmiles Promotion.....$0.10C
huile d'olive...............$13.79HC (this is a non prescription earache remedy spray).
BONUS EARNED.........20 Miles
subtotal $13.89
total tax $1.79
TOTAL $15.68
Total number of items 2 (which is weird cause I only bought one item).
Both my sons card and my card read this way.
***Did I maybe get charged 10 cents by airmiles?,,lol...?
Hugs Mel
The 2 items refers to the fact that 2 things were scanned, one of which was your coupon --that they oddly charged you 10 cents for?!?! I read thru the entire MM thread to see what people had to say about using that coupon but no one has mentioned what their receipts look like. No idea why there is no PU number showing either but Sobeys tend to get confusing during these promos :P

The 2 items refers to the fact that 2 things were scanned, one of which was your coupon --that they oddly charged you 10 cents for?!?! I read thru the entire MM thread to see what people had to say about using that coupon but no one has mentioned what their receipts look like. No idea why there is no PU number showing either but Sobeys tend to get confusing during these promos :P

Maybe someone else will post what there's looks like.
I am also wondering if I maybe got charged for a plastic bag?
I'm ok just so long as it gets credited as an airmile mega mile shop.:D
Hugs Mel

My Sobeys one for the pharmacy $10/20 Miles says:

Air Miles Promotion $0.00C (this is under the 2 rows for Epsom Salts)

Then below that it says:

Mega Miles Spend $10 get 20A 20 Miles

I'm thinking that is not so helpful. My guess is that all Sobeys have this set up differently.

My Sobeys MM receipt shows:

Airmiles Promotion $0.00C
Acidophillus 1Billion $13.49HC
Bonus Earned 20Miles

and then the receipt continues but nothing else mentioning the promotion.

A last minute refresh of the Reebee flyer site .. i can't add links right now -- late & i don't have the lights turned on :P
Sobeys ON :

• OOOOH ice cream frenzy at3.99 or $4.99 buy 3 get 75 AM,
  • redeem 95 cash miles get 25 miles,
  • Maple leaf chicken strips $7.99 buy 5 get 50 AM
  • Burnbrae egg bakes $3.99 buy 3 get 50 AM
Nothing in the Foodland flyer and the Metro one isn't up yet. I'm sure Mel will provide links & better info in the morning, the Duck needs to get to bed!

Last edited:
Hope everyone loves ice cream sobeys has good offer in ontario this week works out to $12 spend to get 75 am

Also similar one on egg patties for 50Am

I see it's a Blue Friday this week at Safeway! Some overpriced items as usual, but I think I'll be able to get a few things and bring in a decent amount.

Also, did anyone else get an email from BMO to get 1.5X the airmiles this month when you spend a certain amount? (Mine was 2500). Mine came yesterday, and I found it in my Junk mail. You have to activate the offer.

A last minute refresh of the Reebee flyer site .. i can't add links right now -- late & i don't have the lights turned on :P
Sobeys ON :

• OOOOH ice cream frenzy at3.99 or $4.99 buy 3 get 75 AM,
  • redeem 95 cash miles get 25 miles,
  • Maple leaf chicken strips $7.99 buy 5 get 50 AM
  • Burnbrae egg bakes $3.99 buy 2 get 50 AM
Nothing in the Foodland flyer and the Metro one isn't up yet. I'm sure Mel will provide links & better info in the morning, the Duck needs to get to bed!
Good morning Donald, check the flyers, I think the eggs are 50 for 3 not 2.
Got me excited about the ice cream, but most of the products are frozen desserts. Which is not ice cream, and we in our house have banned non icecream. Left a tub out one night, did not melt or change shape. From then on I said we will spend the extra dollar or 2 for the real stuff. Now it really isnt much other then Kawaratha in our house. Unless Im down in Niagara area and then stop in at Cows. YUMYUM.

Good morning Donald, check the flyers, I think the eggs are 50 for 3 not 2.
Got me excited about the ice cream, but most of the products are frozen desserts. Which is not ice cream, and we in our house have banned non icecream. Left a tub out one night, did not melt or change shape. From then on I said we will spend the extra dollar or 2 for the real stuff. Now it really isnt much other then Kawaratha in our house. Unless Im down in Niagara area and then stop in at Cows. YUMYUM.
HEY, i was pretty clear that i was about asleep when i noticed the flyer was up :P I wouldn't let myself look terribly close at it because i need as much sleep as i can get, don't look this purdy by fluke doncha know :crazy:

We don't buy anything other than the small containers of Haagen Daaz or Ben & Jerrys --- even more ice cream snobs that your household! We do buy some of those treat on sticks because our girls love to raid our freezer when they visit and those end up being cheaper!! And those eggs things???? OMG they aren't food ... that's the scary stuff you see on the free breakfast lines at Best Western hotels in the states :crazy2:

Time for the weekly breakdown! Links & comments not already mentioned:
Sobeys:
Atlantic Flyer

• Compliments apple sauce $1.49 buy 2 get 5 AM
  • Granola bars 2/$5 spend $20 get 50 AM
  • Smuckers jam $3.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Dare snacks/cookies/crackers ranging from $1.99 - $3.99 buy 4 get 10 AM (not worth it on the $$ ones but the gummies are so-so)
  • Chips & dip 2/$5 buy 4 get 20 AM
  • LOTS of really pathetic offers that they are SCREAMING about in the flyer that aren't even close to 1:1 Spend $27 on laxatives get 15 AM?!?!?
Urban Fresh Flyer
  • use 95 Cash miles get 25 AM
  • Cesar dog food $1 buy 5 get 10 AM
  • Same frozen treat & egg pucks offer as Sobeys
Western Flyer
  • Compliments salads starting at $2.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Olymel products ranging from $5.99 - $8.99 buy 2 get 20 AM
  • 4L jug of milk $7.49 buy 2 get 25 AM
  • Old Dutch chips $3 buy 4 get 20 AM
  • Blood sugar monitor AGAIN .. big return
  • Colgate products miles combined with a math problem for the kids :P 2/$7 buy 3 get 30 AM
  • Liquid plumber and other cleaning products $3.99 buy 2 get 15 AM
  • Blue Friday .. where is our new baby showing up ?? Diapers are $19.99 buy 2 get 80 AM (you're gonna need LOTS of these :P )
Foodland Atlantic Flyer
  • Even they know it's bad "over 85 miles in the flyer" and since most are nowhere close to 1:1 you'd spend over $200 to GET those miles!
  • Strudel sticks $3.49 buy 2 get 12 AM

Metro flyer is still MIA on all the flyer sites ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter