Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Is anyone else experiencing slow posting of AM this week. Sobeys popped up as usual but it was 40AM short of what was on my receipt. My BMO CC usually post within a day and it's now 4 days and I haven't seen Metro which usually shows up sometime on Wednesday.

Yes, you *should* get the loaded offer for the burgers as well because they are the same company. You'll only get this bonus ONCE though so just the 15 miles on top of the 50 from the flyer, offers loaded to your card are once & done.

Thanks!

Just sharing
I cashed in some Dream airmiles for a Bella Black Pearl bracelet for my granddaughter two days ago.
She is graduating grade 8 this June.
Airmiles super fast delivery today!
I hope she likes them.

bella-pearl-black-freshwater-pearl-bracelet-fwr87b.jpg

Hugs Mel

That's pretty! I'm sure she'll like it. What a nice gift.

Lovely pearls for your Granddaughter-beautiful and very thoughtful!

Grade 8 grad is so fun, they are all so excited and you can just begin to see what they might be like as adults-too cute!

Just sharing
I cashed in some Dream airmiles for a Bella Black Pearl bracelet for my granddaughter two days ago.
She is graduating grade 8 this June.
Airmiles super fast delivery today!
I hope she likes them.

bella-pearl-black-freshwater-pearl-bracelet-fwr87b.jpg

Hugs Mel

This is gorgeous!
I thank you for your post, since I still need to buy something for my daughter, her grade 8 grad is coming in a couple weeks! She's growing up too fast...slow down!!

Is anyone else experiencing slow posting of AM this week. Sobeys popped up as usual but it was 40AM short of what was on my receipt. My BMO CC usually post within a day and it's now 4 days and I haven't seen Metro which usually shows up sometime on Wednesday.

Thank goodness! I mean not that it’s a good thing, but my Metro AM from last week haven’t shown up yet either!

Today was a good air mile haul for me. $155.99 and netted 386 miles.

Foodland: $36.93 = 110 miles (cheez whiz, ML chicken strips, Johnsville sausage, 3 breads)
Rexall: $41.38 = 129 miles (milk, eggs, 2 cheese, aunt jemima syrup, 3 deodrants, shaving cream, cadbury chocolate bar)
Metro: $75.10 = 147 miles (nesquick, rice, smoked ham, 2 pizzas, 2 bacon, 2 ice cream + 4 boxes of drumsticks)

Everything except the chocolate bar and ice cream are foods we use. The chocolate bar was a personal treat since I needed to hit $40. :) The ice cream... well, that was NOT needed or an item we purchase regularly. :rolleyes1 I caved. My husband & kids will be happy. The pizza is dinner after the newspaper delivery rush and before the soccer game rush tonight.

FYI I was wrong - $5.99 each for Pizza & Haagen Hazs at Metro ON right now + 30AM for 2 only nets you 1 AM per 40 cents spent. I said 30 cents above. Wrong!

Anyways I had an amazing trip to Metro on my way home from work. Barrhaven Metro had a TON of the ice cream and pizzas that are $5.99 + 30AM when you buy 2.

I spent $48 and got 105 bonus AM!
  • 4x Delissio pizzas - 5.99 ea + 30AM when you buy 2
  • 2x Haagen Dazs cookie dough ice cream for my husband (he is lucky with the AM ice cream offers these days!) - 5.99 ea + 30AM when you buy 2
  • 2x Maple Leaf bacon - 3.99 ea + 5AM when you buy 2 (not the best deal but I want bacon for a corn chowder recipe, and hey, everyone loves bacon. Might as well get AM!)
  • Irresistables frozen pineapple - 3.99 ea + 10AM from my Metro app targeted offers (going to make some Dole Whip @ home with this!)

Foodland shop today,,I was happy they had everything that was advertised in the flyer.
I picked up
Kozy shack rice pudding desserts x2,,villago sausage/hotdog/hamburger bunsx3,,2 boxes burgers,4 boxes of Chicken strips and 2 pkgs of Hot-dogs..
total spend $88.30
total airmiles 209
Hugs Mel
Wouldn't that be 235 AM?

Went to Foodland yesterday:

Rachelle-Béry: spent 20$ got 19AM (on my way to ON, mostly bought Cashew milk at 1.79$ each + 2AM each)
Foodland (DH's card -- targeted offers only): spent 40$ got 45AM
Foodland (my card): spent 210$ for 453 AM (lots of Village bread x12 since it our favourite bread and my freezer was empty, chicken burgers and chicken wings, deli meat x4, Chex cereals at 10AM/box x4, etc).

I think I only had 2 items that didn't have AM attached to them. All I have left to buy are fruits and veggies at the farmer market and meat at the butcher. Will be an expensive week but the next few weeks we shouldn't spend much since I loaded up on basics.

Looks like everyone is having a great start to the weekend hunting trips! I hit up a Rexall in the city yesterday before i came home, spend $40.28 (love getting as close to the threshold as possible!) and snagged 124 AM, not my best haul but still waaay past my 1:1 ratio. I didn't get a chance to go to the Shell to complete my challenge but since I'm in every week, I'll just try again :P

Didn't get around to making a list for hubby for his planned stop at Foodland last night (here's my slightly veiled comment about yesterday) because I wasn't up to talking after watching the results roll in -- at least my city will be Greener (see what i did there :P ). So I've got to make a list, send it in a text and then cross my fingers that he is able to do what he needs to do! Luckily the bags stay in the car and a couple of cooler bags are part of the collection:

• 3 of the bread products -- if i immediately turn a loaf into French Toast muffins from a Sobeys recipe and then toss them in the freezer hubby can eat them AND i've found making burger buns are a tad time consuming and then they tend to get gobbled up too quickly for burgers to even get inside !! cost $8.97 for 30 AM
  • Maple leaf cold cuts $5.99 buy 2 will get us 30 in the flyer and 5 targeted
  • a few other offers (if he decides the ratio is good -- can't tell the price on these!) for an extra 16 AM

Regarding the posting of Metro miles -- they are dependant on when the stores report the sales to AM and our store is AWFUL! We shop there every Sunday and a quick glance at my account shows that the last one they posted is from May 13th :crazy2: We had to wait until almost the 120 day mark TWICE during their massive renovations last year but they posted 150 with the notation of "apology from Metro"

We won't be buying any of the big bonus offers at Metro this week, the cost of the products is too high! We balk at the ice cream when it's on sale for $4.99 so the $5.99 is more than likely a deal breaker for hubby (even if my favourite is the Chocolate PB!!!) and i can't have tomatoes so the pizza is a no-go as well.

Wouldn't that be 235 AM?

Hi Kimstang
I added everything up again and you are right

4 boxes of chicken strips 100 airmiles
3 pks of bread products Villaggio 30 airmiles
2 rice puddings 5 airmiles
2 boxes of hamburgers 50 airmiles
Targeted offer for chicken strips one box only 20 airmiles
add 4 miles for total shop 4
= 209 airmiles
****2 packages of Hot dogs **** 50 airmiles missing
grand total 259
I am going to give airmiles a call or do chat,,,
after checking the receipt it is the hot dogs that are not showing any airmiles.

Thanks for noticing
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
I realize this may be a long shot, if the store has good customer service, you should be able to go in and have them "Make it right" that way you'd have the AM within a week or so.

Sobeys customer service phone line might be another option. I don't know if they'll do anything but they might.

I realize this may be a long shot, if the store has good customer service, you should be able to go in and have them "Make it right" that way you'd have the AM within a week or so.

Sobeys customer service phone line might be another option. I don't know if they'll do anything but they might.

Hi hon
Good suggestions
Thanks
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter