Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Heads up for Netflix gift cards at Sobeys (Barrhaven):
I bought the Netflix $60 gift cards Get 70 Air Miles. Even though there was a sign in store, the Air Miles had to be manually added. The CSR said he had the same problem earlier. He was planning to ‘let someone know’.

I picked one up at the Whitby location. CRS had to manually add the air miles. They didn't have the $30 or $60 gift cards, only the one that said it can be loaded up to $200 (apparently that's called a variable card?). The fine print said either of those 3 gift cards could be purchased, as long as it was in $60 increments. No problem getting the miles manually added in any case.

Heads up for Netflix gift cards at Sobeys (Barrhaven):
I bought the Netflix $60 gift cards Get 70 Air Miles. Even though there was a sign in store, the Air Miles had to be manually added. The CSR said he had the same problem earlier. He was planning to ‘let someone know’.

I bought the same thing yesterday at noon. The CSR said he would let someone know to me too. The one I had wasn't aware of the promotion though when I spoke with him. At least they added the AM without issue.

Any other Onyx members get an email today to opt in and earn 55 AM for swiping their card 5 times? I'm going to check my L&G offers at Rexall and see what I can do over the next few days. Looks like I can't just buy 5 chocolate bars at one partner and call it a day, lol.

* This AIR MILES offer is exclusive, non-transferable and only available to the recipient of the offer invitation. To qualify for this offer, eligible Collector must click the "Opt in" button in the offer invitation email by August 26, 2018. Offer is valid from August 24 to 26 2018. To qualify, eligible Collector must swipe his/her AIR MILES Card and get a minimum of 1 Mile at any participating AIR MILES Partner 3 times during the offer period to earn the Bonus Offer of 30 Miles, or 5 times during the offer period to earn the Bonus Offer of 55 Miles. Offers cannot be combined. Limit of 1 swipe per Partner location per day. Miles are earned in connection with eligible purchases made at participating AIR MILES Partners. Please see airmiles.ca for specific Partner offer details. Any Miles earned through AIR MILES Credit Cards are not eligible Miles and do not qualify for this offer. All eligible Miles must be earned before 11:59 p.m. EST on August 26, 2018, and subsequently posted to your Collector Account. Limit of one (1) offer per Collector Number. Please allow up to 90 days after the end of the offer period for Bonus Miles to be posted to your Collector Account.

I also got the Onyx offer for up to 55 AM. Sounds easy enough? if I go shopping during those days I guess lol. I did opt in.

My AM from Sobeys on Sunday have posted. I wasn't expecting them until next week as usually they are later. I'm happy to see them though!

Any other Onyx members get an email today to opt in and earn 55 AM for swiping their card 5 times? I'm going to check my L&G offers at Rexall and see what I can do over the next few days. Looks like I can't just buy 5 chocolate bars at one partner and call it a day, lol.

* This AIR MILES offer is exclusive, non-transferable and only available to the recipient of the offer invitation. To qualify for this offer, eligible Collector must click the "Opt in" button in the offer invitation email by August 26, 2018. Offer is valid from August 24 to 26 2018. To qualify, eligible Collector must swipe his/her AIR MILES Card and get a minimum of 1 Mile at any participating AIR MILES Partner 3 times during the offer period to earn the Bonus Offer of 30 Miles, or 5 times during the offer period to earn the Bonus Offer of 55 Miles. Offers cannot be combined. Limit of 1 swipe per Partner location per day. Miles are earned in connection with eligible purchases made at participating AIR MILES Partners. Please see airmiles.ca for specific Partner offer details. Any Miles earned through AIR MILES Credit Cards are not eligible Miles and do not qualify for this offer. All eligible Miles must be earned before 11:59 p.m. EST on August 26, 2018, and subsequently posted to your Collector Account. Limit of one (1) offer per Collector Number. Please allow up to 90 days after the end of the offer period for Bonus Miles to be posted to your Collector Account.

Do you think that a loaded bonus offer, like Metro, or air miles load and go (Rexall), or get my offers (Sobeys, Foodland) would count, or does it have to be one base mile?

Do you think that a loaded bonus offer, like Metro, or air miles load and go (Rexall), or get my offers (Sobeys, Foodland) would count, or does it have to be one base mile?

That is a very good question. It just says eligible purchases with min 1 mile. It doesn't state loaded offers are excluded. 1 mile earned is 1 mile earned, I hope....

Ok hold all the pickle power big sales till we are back. Off to Cali first thing in the am..First west coast trip,,,little nervous, I do all the planning, and it feels like I have not done anything for this trip.
Very different then WDW...mostly reading on things to do and where to eat. We have not booked any dining, going to quick serve most, fast pass is when we walk in, and will get maxpass there. extra |$10per person per day, but hey it includes pics, and we already saved 25% with Can discount.
Hope there is some great deals for all of you.
See you in 10 days, might sneak a check in late night there.
Have an awesome trip! :D

That is a very good question. It just says eligible purchases with min 1 mile. It doesn't state loaded offers are excluded. 1 mile earned is 1 mile earned, I hope....

I already shopped at Rexall, and Shell, today before I received the email. Do you think they will count or should I do 5 more to be sure?

So many questions & comments and so little time -- luckily hubby is snoring beside me so i can dash off a quick post before he realizes I'm using social media on "our Friday night" only time we set aside to just be with no electronic devices to interrupt!
  • @mort1331 have a BLAST and keep notes to share your trip when you get back!
  • my Netflix experience was the same as everyone else with a bit of a twist: Urban Fresh on Queen's Quay only had loadable cards and we weren't sure if adding $120 to one would work so decided i would do 2 $60's -- the first didn't work so they called the "make it right girl" (seriously, that's what she called her :P )poor kid had a card for ONE SINGLE MILE and I thought she was gonna cry when the cashier said i needed 140 AM -- manager came & fixed it no problem. I even got an extra 50 for pointing out they still had the sign up for last week's Cara cards!
  • The e-mail offer for the extra miles - got it for both cards. The gold one is 2 transactions get 20, 4 get 45. The ONYX card is 3 get 30 or 5 get 55. I opted in once i got the emial but i don't know if the transaction i already did today count .. hope so
  • My stop at Shell for the Magnum bar?!?! I'm gonna need to do an online chat because looking at the receipt and the jerk of a clerk scanned (get this) a flipping LIGHTER instead of my ice cream bar!!! I wondered what he was doing and asked for the receipt to be sure i wasn't paying for both but hubby pointed out there is NO magnum bar on the receipt!!
THIS was my treat BTW ....
39976857_682636698767412_4793725041877450752_n.jpg

Only thing i saw on the shelf in Urban Fresh was Kellog's cereal .. all flavours had this tag
upload_2018-8-24_19-56-12.png

I already shopped at Rexall, and Shell, today before I received the email. Do you think they will count or should I do 5 more to be sure?

I did shopping this afternoon, came home and discovered this e-mail. I opted in but I sure hope it counts today's. I swiped my card at Sobey's and at Shell this afternoon.

Tomorrow I'm going to Metro to pick up 3 cream cheeses and will get air miles on that. Should count as my 3rd.

Update to my Magnum saga .. online chat with Karl netted me 20 miles for my troubles!! He was just as shocked as i was that a lighter was considered an acceptable alternative to scan for an ice cream bar and said that Shell tends to be a bit lax when it comes to scanning properly. YOU THINK?!?!?!

Reading the details for the email opt-in offer leads me to *THINK* this is what we have to do

• make a purchase at a partner that nets us at least 1 AM -- so any item that has bonus miles & gives you more like the Thirst buster should work
  • only ONE transaction per partner per day will count so no sense separating transactions into multiple sales
  • if you are shopping at a store and only getting the base miles (so most store 1 AM/$20) make sure you spend the minimum amount
  • you can opt into the offer up until 11:59 pm on August 26th so i'm gonna say any qualifying purchases we made today will count

I guess what I am asking is this
so tonight Fri 24th I buy one Shell Magnum ice cream bar
tomorrow Sat 25 I buy Shell 2 bags Doritos
Sun 26th I buy Shell 2 coke products
That is good for 3 purchases?
OR
Does it have to be 5 different partners?
I do see "Offers can not be combined".........................................

Last edited:
Just read this and decided I am running out to Metro right now and will purchase 1 targeted offer on my card and one on DH. One more item Sat and Sun then Rexall Sat and Sun for the others.

Has this happened to anyone?

I had 600 miles, then my sobeys posted that gave me 811. I just checked the account and the samsung 50 miles just popped in there but my account didnt change from the 811...

Just read this and decided I am running out to Metro right now and will purchase 1 targeted offer on my card and one on DH. One more item Sat and Sun then Rexall Sat and Sun for the others.

After dinner headed out airmiles shopping. Did Foodland got a package of Braided Strudel $3.49 with 5 bonus air miles. Had a $2.00 off coupon on the package so $1.49 plus tax (it is in the flyer). Next LCBO, picked up a bottle of Canadian wine with 5 bonus airmiles, then off to Metro. Metro was my biggest spend $23.90 dollars with two loaded offers (16 bonus air miles, one regular). Three down and two to go tomorrow, Sobeys and Rexall, and maybe a trip to Shell for that delicious looking Magnum ice cream bar with 10 bonus air miles. Our vehicle is full, no room for fuel. Filled up today at Shell before it jumped from $1.21 a litre to $1.33 a litre.

I find the Onyx promo email more confusing than necessary. I opted in right before groceries at Sobeys. Husband will probably fill up the gas tank at Shell now as I told him to. And we have to go to Lowes too. I will get the rewards for the 3 shops then I guess. Kind of annoyed there is a AM min earn to get the bonus... so run around and spend betwen $100-200 in 3 days for 55 extra AM max? I won't worry about doing this. If it happens it happens.

Compare that to the AirMilesShops 5 transactions for 1000AM!!

Nevermind. I was on the app. When I logged into website they were there. Talk about panicking lol
Website updates your total faster. Transactions usually show at the same time on the app and the website but for some reason the total updates quicker on the website!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter