Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I did a small shop at Sobeys this morning.
Not in the flyer but on the shelf
Glad sandwich bags 100's double seal --on sale $2.99 buy 2 get 10 airmiles
Glad Lg. zipper bags 20's --on sale $2.99 buy 2 get 10 airmiles.
Quaker Muffin Mix and Quaker Cookie Mix buy 1 at $3.49 get 5 airmiles

Hugs Mel

My son says there is a
Diabolical Duck Avenger,,who knew,,lol.

STK686819.jpg.square-true_size-285_maxheight-285.jpg

Metro has various iogo products on sale and buy 2 get 15 air miles. Iogo has a daily online contest happening right now. A week ago or so I won a free product coupon. So I handed that to the cashier and put 15 bonus miles on my husband's card to finish his Gold 45 bonus miles offer for only $2.99!

I managed to successfully bribe hubby to join me in the hunt today ... AKA i made a vat of tapioca pudding using the pearls he picked up in BC last week (that stuff is GROSS!!!)

Drove down the street to Shell (you know the one hubby HATES!) OMG what a treat that store was -- so bright & clean and big huge AM signs everywhere, no question which products were included. Picked out a Magnum Bar each and marched over to the counter and one of the clerks beamed as he declared "That's worth 10 AM if you have a card!" They had no problem with us doing 2 separate transactions with 2 separate cards & congratulated us on our balances!!!

Tomorrow will be Metro and I'll buy at least one of the offers on the 2nd card because those all scream "please shop here, please shop here" Buy any fresh fruit, any type, size quantity get 5 AM. Poof 1 banana , DONE :P Later might go back to the Shell and that will be 5 for the main card & 3 for the 2nd one. I'm fine with that

I love that the clerk KNEW about the air mile promo on the Magnum bars! The Shell by me, none of the clerks there know anything about air miles. Ugh. Frustrating at times.

Ok what fruit offer is this?? I just came back from Metro and spent $12 on fruit. How should I have gotten air miles on that? Is it the Metro app? I don't have an offer for fruit in it.

Woohoo my last of the 5 back to school AirMlesShops orders has posted! Lowes even posted at 10x AM even though they only started that promo later on the day I had ordered. :) 20AM for $60 spent incl. taxes.

Now just gotta wait til January 7 when the 1000 bonus should post.

We did also go to Lowes yesterday for some lawn care items and got another 20AM for $60 spent incl. tax.

I'm going to get my husband to get gas @ Shell tonight, and then we are going to grab some candy for a movie night at home @ Sobeys. So we should have 4 transactions towards the Onyx offer. Guess we will get 30 instead of 55. I don't feel like also making him go to Rexall with me LOL. I like their loofahs and you get 3AM when you buy 1 for $1.49!

Yes, despite the T&C... Rexall brand gift cards earn 1 Air Mile per $20 Load.
I posted about it here maybe two years ago.

And before i post9ed it again, I tested it out yesterday and it still works.

Aside from a promo like this one, it doesn’t help much. There was a short time that I bought a Rexall gift card before shopping (as per SDM double dipping). But 1 AM per $20 is pretty slow earning.

Thanks for the tip. Went to rexall tonight, and purchased a $20 and a $30 Rexall gift card. Things I discovered couldn't use the $5 off coupon on the $30 rexall gift card, couldn't get the $10 rexall promo card on the $30 rexall gift card. Got 1 air mile on each gift card.

Last edited:
Metro has various iogo products on sale and buy 2 get 15 air miles. Iogo has a daily online contest happening right now. A week ago or so I won a free product coupon. So I handed that to the cashier and put 15 bonus miles on my husband's card to finish his Gold 45 bonus miles offer for only $2.99!

I love that the clerk KNEW about the air mile promo on the Magnum bars! The Shell by me, none of the clerks there know anything about air miles. Ugh. Frustrating at times.

Ok what fruit offer is this?? I just came back from Metro and spent $12 on fruit. How should I have gotten air miles on that? Is it the Metro app? I don't have an offer for fruit in it.
The fruit was a targeted offer that i loaded to my card -- you can either use the website or their app to load your offers and they are actually based on previous purchases but since this card is only used during big promos Metro is REALLY trying to figure out how to get me to shop :P

You will find your offers on this website, i think they refer to it as "my Offers"??
Metro Offers

Ok, I admit it, i work the system to the MAX -- i read the fine print of the offers and then figure out how to make it work into my shopping. This weekend's offer didn't say the mile i needed to earn was tied to any dollar value so hey, i'm gonna jump all over that! If they were trying to get us to go into more stores than we normally do then it worked because we went to Shell twice and will probably go back again. We had more ice cream today and there was a different clerk who was just as friendly and helpful as last night (or at this point i guess 2 nights ago?!

I always let the staff know what I'm doing and use my best sheepish smile
images

Yeah I also read it as you need to earn at least 1AM. Didn't say it had to be a base AM! :)

Anyways we ended up hitting 3 of the stores. If it was 1 day longer I'd be able to do all 5. Just don't have that much time on the weekend!

The fruit was a targeted offer that i loaded to my card -- you can either use the website or their app to load your offers and they are actually based on previous purchases but since this card is only used during big promos Metro is REALLY trying to figure out how to get me to shop :P

You will find your offers on this website, i think they refer to it as "my Offers"??
Metro Offers

Ok, yes. I checked my Metro APP before entering the store and I definately did not have the fruit offer on it. Too bad. At least I got 6 miles for the campbell's broth I needed to pick up from it. Thanks!

That is a brilliant idea and I just used it! Thanks for posting, I now have three purchases. One more than I thought I would.

Can you shop at ANY of the online shops? Or just the ones in the list when you click on the back to school tab? I live in the Atlantic and I don't see lowes listed?
Thanks!

Can you shop at ANY of the online shops? Or just the ones in the list when you click on the back to school tab? I live in the Atlantic and I don't see lowes listed?
Thanks!
Just going by what others have said, you can order from any of the online shops. Its not restricted. Again, I'm just going off of what others have said.

I am feeling extremely lazy with my airmiles recently. I don't have a foodland or metro or sobeys near me and rexall has cut off my load and go coupons...so I've been cheating and doing the PC points thing. Why am I feeling guilty lol?

We have had an extremely busy summer this year - which has been great. But I have not focused on collecting either points. Where I live, I really only have shell and Safeway to collect refular AM. So It tends to be tough given how their offers have slowed down compared to past years. Once the kiddos are back in school, and we are home more often, and hopefully with the second job I will be able to find more time to focus on collecting more AM and PC Points. I'm working both programs as best I can. If both are going to give me offers to get " free things" I'm going to work with them to get as many as I can :rolleyes1

I just gotta tell myself " just keep swimming, just keep swimming swim swim swim " lol ::yes::

Thanks!
Yes, you can shop at any of the shops other than this exclusion mentioned in the FAQs
This offer does not apply to purchases made at any travel online stores (including, but not limited to travel bookings, car rentals, and hotel stays)

If you haven't already read thru the thread dedicated to this promo you should pop over and see if any of the suggestions/successes mentioned by others will give you some help!

Airmilesshop Bonus Promo

Metro Offers

Oh My
Do yah know I didn't know this.................. I knew about sobeys/foodland offers but never knew about Metro's,,,I lost out on 50 airmiles this weekend,dang,,,I will be checking these every week.
Thanks for sharing the link.
Hugs Mel

Time to party again gang ... it's been 3 years since i started this thread with a post about an offer at Rexall for buying Visa Gift Cards. Since that day this thread has had almost 840,000 views, we've filled close to 700 pages with over 13,000 posts and countless miles have been hunted, snagged and redeemed. Flights have flown, cruises sailed, cars rented, MANY Disney tickets stashed away, hotel rooms booked & a wide variety of *things* from Max the Mighty Mixer to gaming computers, hair cutting kits & carry-on suitcases have found new homes. This has become a great community and i love being a part of it, thanks for playing along with The Duck! Let's see where the next year takes us!!
27157547_10212689210760054_900164081_n.png

Oh My
Do yah know I didn't know this.................. I knew about sobeys/foodland offers but never knew about Metro's,,,I lost out on 50 airmiles this weekend,dang,,,I will be checking these every week.
Thanks for sharing the link.
Hugs Mel

If you haven't already linked your air miles card to your metro account I saw a pop on the air miles page offering bonus 50 air miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter