Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Only downside is that the flyer ends today! Nothing will be on sale. I can probably make it work anyway as a bunch of the things I need rarely go on sale.

Sober second thought. I am not going to reward them with my business on a day with nothing on sale. 100AM isn't enough of an incentive to spend $50 in the store on overpriced items. I don't like that the flyer only ran 6 days this week. No doubt timed to end before this coupon.

I agree
unless they throw me a Load and Go that I can combine I'm out.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
So I just received and email which is titled "HURRY – you’re almost at 1,000 Bonus Miles"

Then adds in the text "You’re a few stores away!" I have 5 Airmiles shops posted to my account. Is this just their usual right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I was finished with my account over a week ago. Is this just their stupid standard email? Anyone else get it.

So I just received and email which is titled "HURRY – you’re almost at 1,000 Bonus Miles"

Then adds in the text "You’re a few stores away!" I have 5 Airmiles shops posted to my account. Is this just their usual right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I was finished with my account over a week ago. Is this just their stupid standard email? Anyone else get it.

So glad I am not the only one who got this! I was in panic mode for a minute,,,Like What? I have finished my 5 airmiles shops ages ago.
lol
Hugs Mel

Thanks for the heads up @hdrolfe and @isabellea. I haven't seen Rexall yet and didn't think to look at IGA. Could be a trip to the other side of the river in my future.

@isabellea, can I use my Sobeys GC to purchase food at IGA in Quebec?

Yes you can! I've used my Foodland GC at two IGA without any issue (DH tried at a tiny one and it didn't work but we always have issues with this particular grocery store).

IGA flyer: https://www.iga.net/en/flyer

I received the same message but in French and I have done 6 transactions but not all have posted. Doesn't look like this e-mail is targeted but more a general e-mail sent to everyone.

That probably has something to do between CAA and Petro Points.

CAA is Canada-wide.

Just to clarify I was referring to exchanging your Petro Points for CAA dollars. That is Ontario only. My daughter lives in Alberta, and belongs to the Alberta Motor Association (AMA) and she cannot exchange her Petro Points for CAA dollars.

Sneak peek at the Rexall Ont Flyer
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10062/1280654

I think I am good for this one.
Purex x 3 $2.99 each-------------$8.97
Royal T.P. x 3 $4.99 each--------$14.97
Royale Kleenex Tissues x3 (six pack) $4.99 each---------$14.97
Tim Coffee x2 $6.99 each----------$13.98
= $52.98

Hugs Mel

Edited to ask a question,,,What is the difference between regular /extra strength Advil and Nighttime Advil?
Ok I Googled it:
https://pm.advil.com/faqs

Last edited:
Sneak peek at the Rexall Ont Flyer
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10062/1280654

I think I good for this one
Purex x 3 $2.99 each
Royal T.P. x 3 $4.99 each
Royale Kleenex Tissues x3 (six pack) $4.99 each
Tim Coffee x2 $6.99 each

Hugs Mel

Edited to ask a question,,,What is the difference between regular /extra strength Advil and Nighttime Advil?
Ok I Googled it:
https://pm.advil.com/faqs
Just a reminder, don't forget to use the Royal e-gift card deal.

https://ultimate.royalepromotions.ca/en/

I think I've finally settled on a trip. 7 nights in May. I'll get the discounted tickets, hoping to stay at Beach Club but will settle for POP if finances require that, and quick service dining plan, I find we can share a few meals and not have to spend too much out of pocket that way. May not be the best use of money but I find it helpful. Now to save for flights! I had planned to go in August but I think May will be nice, and that much closer lol. May is also lower season for airmiles flights, so hopefully will cost less. Though what currently shows is nuts and I'd need to book each way separately. I'd need about 6000 more AM for that lol, hopefully the flights come down and it'll only cost me that total ;) I can always look at going from Syracuse then as well, so options!

Not planning to do $100 at Sobeys tomorrow, but I may go there today for a few things on sale. I want to make some ground beef jerky before school starts and they have it on sale. I may do Rexall tomorrow if I have some things to get, I'm sure I can make a $50 spend there.

I just want to clarify, if I order through airmiles shops with an order for Rona but have instore pick up that counts as one of the five offers needed? I'm confused because I thought it was only deliveries that counted but if I can pick up its so much easier. I'm just hoping that it posts as an airmiles shops purchase.

I just want to clarify, if I order through airmiles shops with an order for Rona but have instore pick up that counts as one of the five offers needed? I'm confused because I thought it was only deliveries that counted but if I can pick up its so much easier. I'm just hoping that it posts as an airmiles shops purchase.
My understanding is YES -- the only exclusion for this promo is online travel stores. There was a promo that specifically mentioned that your order had to be delivered to your home --- i remember because someone got burned by ordering 5 times from Indigo and picking it up in the store (that one was just 5 orders with no restrictions on the number of stores)

Heck, even ordering an Indigo E-CARD counts towards this promo and there's definitely no delivery happening there!

Just heard the Subway commercial for Thursday (you know that annoying campaign that has subs talking?!?) and thought huh .. Thusday already followed by DANG I MISSED WEDNESDAY FLYERS Links are updated in the first post and I don't think there's any need for me to add any thoughts here (does anyone even read them?!?!)
upload_2018-8-30_15-40-11.png

ETA: during my updates i noticed the Rexall coupon is now valid until October 9th -- link is always the same you might just need to clear your history if Sept still appears

$5.00 off when you Spend $25.00 or more Valid till October 9th

Update on Miss Fresh: My bonus 500 air miles posted with a date of August 13th. I changed my meals to be delivered on August 24th instead of the 21st, so that posting date was approx. 1 week before they were originally supposed to be delivered, so I assume it was when the order was submitted.

I ordered 3 vegetarian meals because I wasn't sure how quickly I would get around to making them, and I didn't want meat-based meals.

Overall, I am quite happy with the results. Regular price, these 6 servings (3 meals for 2 people) would have been $67, so $22ish a meal, and my hubby and I pay just over $20 for our standard sandwich order at Subway. So to me, a great option to fast food for 2 people.

Small issue with the delivery: Insulated box was cold upon delivery from FedEx, with 2 ice packs inside and all the baggies and containers of food inside so that was fine. The bag of loose green peas had ripped open, and several had spilled into the box. I saved most of them remaining inside the baggie, and they were fine for the recipe. I sent a quick email to Miss Fresh suggesting for future peas they could pack them a different way, and they thanked me for the suggestion and provided a few credit dollars toward my next order.

My only real complaint is a minor one. It was a bit hard to eat all 6 servings myself!! (Hubby doesn't eat much variety). I bought these to make for nights I'm eating by myself due to our schedules, and I would have to pick meals I can make and freeze if I do that again. I will try 3 different meals on Sept. 11th, as my sister is visiting and can help me eat them. =) (Oh, and there was a bit too much zucchini provided, and also I didn't make the rice to go with the tostadas).

Tortellini.jpg Tostadas.jpg Zucchini.jpg

Just back from my adventure across the river. Speaking only english (mostly, minimal french) I took a bilingual friend with me. Staff spoke english and french but I always feel ackward that I'm not bilingual when I'm in Quebec.

The store was gorgeous and we were able to get all the items we went for. I'll definitely go back. Amazing bakery section and cheese selection to die for. Spent $60 got 170AM. For those in Ottawa I went to IGA Extra des Grives. Easy to find just the other side of the Island Park bridge.

Completely off topic here but sorta related and I figure some of you will understand my excitement. I'm having a crap- tactic day: got up at 4:30 to head into city to the hospital and found out clinic is closed and they neglected to lei me know :headache:
Decided to make a day out of it ... First stop shell ...received_1136626486497967.jpeg kept wandering around and stumbled across this gem! There's a blaze pizza in Toronto ... two in factreceived_2117484798307130.jpeg discovered in Disney Springs that they are completely safe for me to eat!!!!

Just back from my adventure across the river. Speaking only english (mostly, minimal french) I took a bilingual friend with me. Staff spoke english and french but I always feel ackward that I'm not bilingual when I'm in Quebec.

The store was gorgeous and we were able to get all the items we went for. I'll definitely go back. Amazing bakery section and cheese selection to die for. Spent $60 got 170AM. For those in Ottawa I went to IGA Extra des Grives. Easy to find just the other side of the Island Park bridge.

Don’t worry about not speaking French. If you knew how many Montrealers never bother to say a single word of French even though they were born here! I know I live in the west island!!!

I spent 149$ (bought lots of fruits in addition to my blue Friday purchases) and I got 297 AM. I will let you know when there’s good promos at IGA (rare but we get a blue Friday every 6-8 weeks now).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter