Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Ok Gang .. it seems the Mastercard offer has taken a turn for the better ! I just found this post on my FaceBook feed and if you follow along with my logic (careful that can get messy :crazy:) it no longer looks like it's targeted. There is ZERO way it can be if they have it out there as a PUBLIC post. (for any of you not on Facebook, that what the little globe beside the word "sponsored" means)
upload_2018-9-2_0-35-8.png

Followed the link to THIS page:

BMO Bonus Offer

Select your region and uncover this image:
upload_2018-9-2_0-39-8.png
Follow the link to the Terms & Conditions:
Terms & Conditions for BMO Mastercard 500 mile promo

The blue ad has been on their website since the beginning and yet there have been people who have been told they were not targeted for the offer. So either tfc_until_I_die was told incorrectly or it is still targeted.

I'm not in Canada right now, but I will call when I get home.

Ok Gang .. it seems the Mastercard offer has taken a turn for the better ! I just found this post on my FaceBook feed and if you follow along with my logic (careful that can get messy :crazy:) it no longer looks like it's targeted. There is ZERO way it can be if they have it out there as a PUBLIC post. (for any of you not on Facebook, that what the little globe beside the word "sponsored" means)
View attachment 347635

Followed the link to THIS page:

BMO Bonus Offer

Select your region and uncover this image:
View attachment 347636
Follow the link to the Terms & Conditions:
Terms & Conditions for BMO Mastercard 500 mile promo

So I just chatted w someone at bmo through fb messenger and they said the 500 AM offer is only for new master cards?
Does that sound right to anyone here?

More of the response:

I understand! To clarify, someone could perhaps benefit from the offer if they have another credit card with us such as a Cash Back. By applying for the Air Miles in addition to their current card, they might be eligible (that needs to be verified over the phone).

We send such offers to our current client to encourage them to take advantage of them. But I can confirm the 500 miles is only for new Air Miles MasterCard accounts opened. ^CDL

They are incorrect that it's for new cardholders. Maybe make an actual post on the facebook page? Maybe others will chime in with the same question.

More of the response:

I understand! To clarify, someone could perhaps benefit from the offer if they have another credit card with us such as a Cash Back. By applying for the Air Miles in addition to their current card, they might be eligible (that needs to be verified over the phone).

We send such offers to our current client to encourage them to take advantage of them. But I can confirm the 500 miles is only for new Air Miles MasterCard accounts opened. ^CDL

I guess someone needs to send them the link to the offer. Sounds to me like customer service just knows nothing about it.

For those of you looking for WDW passes from Air Miles right now, you're out of luck. They only have the child 5-day passes today. I suspect they are turning over the inventory for the Canadian resident promotion passes. I'll be interested to see how many AMs they will charge for them this year. For comparison, in Feb 2017 the adult 5 day passes were 2950 and 7 day passes were 3250 :teacher:

Out for our Sunday morning coffee when we get home I'll provide more than screenshots... actual links to the PUBLIC Facebook post and whatever else I can. It came from AIRMILES not MasterCard btw

Last edited:
Argh still no coupons/offer from Safeway for September, aside from the usual spend $20/1 AM and the liquor store promo... c'mon guys! Give us a reason to shop! ;)

Just back from Foodland. BIG thanks to the person who posted about the White Swan Napkins. Spent $15.04 and got 105 AM's. Their napkins are all gone now but I'm sure they will fill the shelves tonight.
This is number 2 of the 3 I need for the 500 AM's. This offer is just way to easy. Wish they were all like that.

Ok i'm gonna try to see if I can provide the direct link to the actual Facebook post that was made by AIRMILES proper specifically about this offer -- not sure if it will work or not .. this is me hiding away from Hubby while he chats with neighbour ..

I would suggest that all of us who actually do have Facebook to enter into a chat with Airmiles -- NOT with miles the bot from their website! -- and ask about this promo, perhaps if a lot of us blitz it they will clear up the problem

OK that was WAAAYY harder than it should have been BUT try this direct link to the actual Facebook post that was made by AIRMILES CANADA ...

Airmiles Alert about BMO offer

It should work for even those of you who do not have Facebook -- you can click on the tiny words that say NOT NOW -- highlighted in the (massive) picture here
upload_2018-9-2_12-45-1.png

Just back from Foodland. BIG thanks to the person who posted about the White Swan Napkins. Spent $15.04 and got 105 AM's. Their napkins are all gone now but I'm sure they will fill the shelves tonight.
This is number 2 of the 3 I need for the 500 AM's. This offer is just way to easy. Wish they were all like that.

Wait wait wait? I need some for work............:car: I am willing to drive BUT the Harry Potter movies are on TV and I am having a hard time doing anything but watching them.lol
what exactly is the deal on the napkins?
Thanks
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter