Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Finally got around to cutting up the bear paw boxes with coupons in them. 6 sets of $1 off coupons for bear paw crackers, gummies and "my first bear paws". The crackers are buy 3 get 15 AM tomorrow, $1.67 each, so that's a good deal if I can use a coupon per box ($2.01 for 3 boxes and 15 AM). Hopefully kiddo enjoys them as much as goldfish! List is ready to go. I will probably spend close to $150 because I need actual groceries too lol, but want to maximize AM. Fingers crossed everything is in stock...

I just tried to fill out all of my missing miles entries and some of them prompted me to enter the amount and number of miles I was looking for, and some bumped right to the page saying base miles need 60 days and bonus miles need 75 days...even though I counted out 75 days for each entry. Is that a website glitch?

I just tried to fill out all of my missing miles entries and some of them prompted me to enter the amount and number of miles I was looking for, and some bumped right to the page saying base miles need 60 days and bonus miles need 75 days...even though I counted out 75 days for each entry. Is that a website glitch?

It happened to me as well for the 60 days, because it wasn't really 60 days it was 2 months. So my August 8 wouldn't let me do it until October 8 even though 60 days was October 7th. It was VERY annoying and feels misleading. I did put all 3 of my missing ones in, got them posted quickly, but it remains to be seen if I will have to fight for the 1000 because of this. The funniest thing is they all got posted as the day before I put them in for (so those Aug 8 posted as Aug 7). Makes no sense to me.

It will definitely take a 1000 AM bonus to get me to use airmilesshop from now on. Nothing less seems worth the aggravation.

Spreadsheet prepared. Airmiles and Cash spent totaled. All set for Blue Friday tomorrow. I am going to shop at both Sobeys and Foodland so the spreadsheet was necessary to keep everything straight and maximize my shop. Want to spend just over $100 at each store to get the extra 100AM. I hope to get 860AM with a just over $200 spend (if all goes as I hope).

Happy hunting everyone! :squirrel: :tiptoe:
Ok that is pretty darn good. Let us know how it goes!

You all are NOT going to believe this!

18 Oct 18
AM_Button_75.jpg
BACK-TO-SCHOOL +1,000

I just had a conversation with AM's about my missing 3 shops and he gave me the B2S shop miles now.
This is hopeful for my missing miles!

I am having a hard time with the prices of a few of products for tomorrow's Blue Friday

Heinz beans are on sale at Giant Tiger for 88 cents a can each. Sobeys 1.00 each

Aylmer tomatoes are on sale at Giant Tiger 99 cents each. Sobeys $1.25 each and Foodland 1.50 each.Now maybe they are offering specialty tomatoes? 1.00 at Fresh-Co.

Kraft 12 pack of KD is 5.97 at No Frills. Sobeys and Foodland $20.00 for 20pkgs.
Kellogg's cereal is 2.97 a box at No frills. Sobeys is 3.99 a pkg.

The Campbells soup is a bit high $1.49 a can at Sobeys ,, and Foodland $1.50 a can,,, I can usually get it for under a 1.00 a can but it will depend on the type they offer. (I usually buy Cream of Broccoli ,Cream of Mushroom,Tomato Rice.

I am still good for
Bacon x4 Even though Giant Tiger has Sugardale bacon for $2.87 a package.
Depending on the types offered Simply Healthy Choice entrees.

I can't go shopping before work tomorrow--I have an early morning meeting,,but I will head over at lunch and have a look.
Happy shopping everyone
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
I want to say they started at 3950-ish for 3 days...and then maybe 4250 for 5?

Thank you, those do sound familiar. I just wanted to calculate what they might do to DW Canadian tickets ... if they get them. Looks like we could possibly see a drop of about 10% then (DL discount being larger discounted promo than DW). All hypothetical.

Sorry the DL drop doesn't help you, were you looking to upgrade to APs? or non-Canadian tickets?

I am having a hard time with the prices of a few of products for tomorrow's Blue Friday

Heinz beans are on sale at Giant Tiger for 88 cents a can each. Sobeys 1.00 each

Aylmer tomatoes are on sale at Giant Tiger 99 cents each. Sobeys $1.25 each and Foodland 1.50 each.Now maybe they are offering specialty tomatoes? 1.00 at Fresh-Co.

Kraft 12 pack of KD is 5.97 at No Frills. Sobeys and Foodland $20.00 for 20pkgs.

The Campbells soup is a bit high $1.49 a can at Sobeys ,, and Foodland $1.50 a can,,, I can usually get it for under a 1.00 a can but it will depend on the type they offer. (I usually buy Cream of Broccoli ,Cream of Mushroom,Tomato Rice.

The cream of mushroom was on sale at NF last week, 75 cents, currently at Shoppers for 89 cents. Your other ones that don't get discounted would make sense IMHO.

I’m just getting back on the Air Miles train after not doing much collecting for the past 6 months. Disappointed in Blue Friday :(. Nothing I use in the quantities required, and prices seem high. I may pick up the Simply Healthy entrees, and I’ll check with hubby on the pop (is it a decent price? I never buy pop so I have no idea).

Spreadsheet prepared. Airmiles and Cash spent totaled. All set for Blue Friday tomorrow. I am going to shop at both Sobeys and Foodland so the spreadsheet was necessary to keep everything straight and maximize my shop. Want to spend just over $100 at each store to get the extra 100AM. I hope to get 860AM with a just over $200 spend (if all goes as I hope).

Happy hunting everyone! :squirrel: :tiptoe:

I'm impressed. I'd love to know what you're buying to get that many air miles. I figure on getting 370 miles for $100.

I'll take a picture of my spreadsheet and post it when I get back. It's not much more than what you're getting. I'm just shopping two stores to do it.

I am still good for
Bacon x4 Even though Giant Tiger has Sugardale bacon for $2.87 a package.
Depending on the types offered Simply Healthy Choice entrees.

I can't go shopping before work tomorrow--I have an early morning meeting,,but I will head over at lunch and have a look.
Happy shopping everyone
Hugs Mel
This is the issue in have as well. Looks good at the start but with superrstore price matching and getting my pcpoints it doesnt add up for me. But everyone is different and not all pricmatch
Im lucky ours matches everyone

I’m just getting back on the Air Miles train after not doing much collecting for the past 6 months. Disappointed in Blue Friday :(. Nothing I use in the quantities required, and prices seem high. I may pick up the Simply Healthy entrees, and I’ll check with hubby on the pop (is it a decent price? I never buy pop so I have no idea).
If you like those little cans of pop it is actually a good price. Regular price is $2.99-3.49.

Hi Hon
The Valentines fundraiser would be kid based and your ideas are great! Thanks.

I would need to make 32 mini glass jars full of them.....probably 6 bags,,if you do go and are able to get them,, I can perhaps meet up with you
as I don't think we live that far from each other ?
Here is a picture of what I was thinking
I am thinking maybe 5 jars per bag???
My jars are a bit smaller than the ones in the picture,,kind of baby food jar size.
Thanks for offering and no stress/problem if you don't go or can't get them.
My back up plan is to use green/red ones and do Elf kisses.
Hugs
Mel

Hershey-Kiss-Santa-Hat-Jars-by-Blooming-Homestead.jpg

These are adorable!! Where do you find the jars and hats?

Ugh. NEver mind. I think I fell prey to the issue others had reported. I went back to the site, and the offers I expected to get were still in my "available" tab, not loaded. :( 13 miles lost. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter