Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I think I'm going to be screwed when I go to chase my Sept BMO 500 miles. On the fb chat yesterday, the lady asked for 3 transactions I made at partners, dates, amounts, etc. When I went to my October statement, I could only tell her one as the statement only went back to Sept. 23! I would have to pay $5.00 to get a copy of the earlier statement. Would you pay the $5.00 to get the statement? I can see in my air miles account for Sept. I did a Lawton's and Sobeys transaction on Sept. 22 and I made a payment to my CC on that date to my MC for those amounts. So frustrating!
I do online banking for my BMO MC (That's the only thing I have with BMO), and I can see my statements online. if you sign up for it now I'm not sure if you'll be able to see your previous statements, but at least you'll have them for future promos. What were the dates the transactions had to be made?

I only have my mastercard with BMO, no other banking.

The dates of the promo were Sept 1-30. I can only go back three statements, which is October. My statement period starts on the 23rd of each month.

The dates of the promo were Sept 1-30. I can only go back three statements, which is October. My statement period starts on the 23rd of each month.
When you go in to see your MC statements you should have an option to set up e-statements. If you do this you will be able to see/get copies of all your statements for 2018. Its very easy to do however you will no longer get mailed copies sent to you. I think you can switch back when your finished getting your information you need however its been a while since I helped someone with this so that could have changed.
Even though you only have the MC you should be able to get the information without spending money getting copies. Good luck.

Quick reminder for those of you who like to have a copy of all of your transactions for 2018 that you have until 11:59 to do that. Some of us like to have that to refer to when we need an idea of how long miles take to post. You can either go old school and print it out or save it as a PDF, just go to your transaction record and toggle to the last 12 months. It will look grim next Sunday morning when our status updates!!

I've been quiet the last couple of days because we went on an impromptu get-away to London (ON that is!) with the hopes of going to the movies, out to eat and spend some of our multitude of gift cards that we buy from our kids (my mom insists on giving them cards they have no use for and we turn around and buy them :P ) Turned out there was NOTHING on we wanted to see, we had 3 horrid meals out and the one thing i really wanted to buy was nowhere to be found :( Soooooo, we spend 3 days basically in bed, eating junk food (bought at Sobeys with our StB & MM gift cards) and started our annual binge-movie watching that typically makes up our New Year's Eve. We picked Harry Potter this year, great choice! We had a suite but decided the bed was more comfy, tossed a blanket on it to contain the cheesie dust, dropped chocolate pieces & slopped pop we rarely drink and had a BLAST! When we got home this afternoon, we unpacked, whined at each other about being home, changed into our PJ's, grabbed bowls of cereal and watched the next HP movie :P

I'm sorry. I just cannot figure out how to save it as a PDF file. I'd love to do this instead of printing but I don't see an option anywhere to do that. Could you tell me how please?

Harry Potter movies are always a good choice!! On to the third tonight?

I'm sorry. I just cannot figure out how to save it as a PDF file. I'd love to do this instead of printing but I don't see an option anywhere to do that. Could you tell me how please?

on my computer, i press print and in the bottom left corner there’s a drop down menu that has “save as pdf” as an option.

When you go in to see your MC statements you should have an option to set up e-statements. If you do this you will be able to see/get copies of all your statements for 2018. Its very easy to do however you will no longer get mailed copies sent to you. I think you can switch back when your finished getting your information you need however its been a while since I helped someone with this so that could have changed.
Even though you only have the MC you should be able to get the information without spending money getting copies. Good luck.

I also can see my eStatements back for 12 months. I hope you can get access to yours!
Thank you for mentioning this. I also have not received my 500 bonus miles and I am sure I have a pile of 3 receipts somewhere.... but with all the re-organizing and shuffling I did for Christmas, I'm not actually sure where they are right now. So I went online and saved my both statements I have which include September transactions.

Possibly you can see this screenshot I took of where/how to access the eStatements, in case you actually have access to them but didn't know. Otherwise, it would be up to you whether you feel $5 is worth paying for 500 miles. Sorry you learned this only now.

eStatements.JPG

I also can see my eStatements back for 12 months. I hope you can get access to yours!
Thank you for mentioning this. I also have not received my 500 bonus miles and I am sure I have a pile of 3 receipts somewhere.... but with all the re-organizing and shuffling I did for Christmas, I'm not actually sure where they are right now. So I went online and saved my both statements I have which include September transactions.

Possibly you can see this screenshot I took of where/how to access the eStatements, in case you actually have access to them but didn't know. Otherwise, it would be up to you whether you feel $5 is worth paying for 500 miles. Sorry you learned this only now.

View attachment 372548
In case you didn't know this, or in case others may not, that drop down box where it says 'Last 12 Statements'? If you click on that you can get previous years, so 2017, 2016, 2015 etc. It doesn't just stop at the last 12. Saves so much paper storage.

I don't see anything in my Airmiles app which is where I have found an extra offer in the past. They may have one that will stack for Thursday (at least that is what they have been doing recently). We'll have to wait and see what the new year brings.

Last edited:

I have gone in and changed to e-statements. I won't likely have access until Jan 2 or 3 as it takes 24 hours. Hopefully should help me out though! What's a few more days waiting at this point!

@marchingstar mentioned exactly how i do this .. works on Windows based computers, i have ZERO experience with Apple products :P
In case you're a visual learner like I am .. here's what it will look like .. might be worded slightly differently depending on which Windows you are running, this is from Windows 10 (this copied in as a MASSIVE image so i inserted as a thumbnail, click on it if you want to actually SEE IT :rotfl2:
upload_2018-12-31_15-40-24.png
We're starting tonight with #5 , Order of the Phoenix BTW

I don't have the App--does anyone know if the App has a different code?
Hugs
Mel

What is the App? Is it the actual Rexall app or something different?

Hi Hon
I am not sure but Jacqueline has posted an image before ,,I think it's an application on her phone for Rexall.
Hugs
Mel
I don't see anything in my Airmiles app which is where I have found an extra offer in the past. They may have on that will stack for Thursday (at least that is what they have been doing recently). We'll have to wait and see what the new year brings.

The extra coupon comes from the Airmiles App, IMHO the Rexall one is pretty useless!! For me the extra offer only pops up the day of but i think @CanadianKrista seems to know about it a good 24 hours before i do, perhaps she'll share (oops assumption on my part that you ARE a she, sorry if I'm wrong)

on my computer, i press print and in the bottom left corner there’s a drop down menu that has “save as pdf” as an option.

Thanks!!

@marchingstar mentioned exactly how i do this .. works on Windows based computers, i have ZERO experience with Apple products :P
In case you're a visual learner like I am .. here's what it will look like .. might be worded slightly differently depending on which Windows you are running, this is from Windows 10 (this copied in as a MASSIVE image so i inserted as a thumbnail, click on it if you want to actually SEE IT :rotfl2:
View attachment 372580
We're starting tonight with #5 , Order of the Phoenix BTW

Thanks! I was able to find it and save the files on my computer.

Those of you who have 5 figure miles for the year - how do you do it?! I feel like it'll be impossible to do just with gas, groceries, and Rexall - - but is it possible???
We manage by doing just Rexall, groceries at Metro, our BMO Mastercard (the basic level card) and our Platinum AMEX. We put almost everything on the AMEX since it earns more miles .. everything other than fast food/coffee/dollar store since hubby just writes a cheque to us to cover any business expenses we've used the AMEX for and then we use that cash for little items. Our regular grocery shopping is done at Metro and most weeks are PATHETIC earnings that rarely touch the 1:1 ratio but they are the only store that sells a few items we have to buy. So how do we get so many miles?? Bonus offers!!! I scour the flyers, keep a running list of items that are getting low and then pounce on them when there is a big offer (means we have about a year's supply of toilet paper under the bed right now :P ) I NEVER buy items we don't need simply for miles and if there are bonus miles in our targeted offers they have to work out to more than 1:1 for me to buy them. Our biggest earns come from Rexall without a question -- we both need things from there that are fairly expensive and we're willing to have a stash held back when they go on sale. When there are big offers I will often do at LEAST one transaction to maximize those, for example during the month of December we earned 1429 from Rexall alone. I would need to pull out the receipts to confirm but my rough guess if that I only spent maybe $250-ish, not 1/2 bad IMHO

We don't buy many of the gift card offers because we don't shop at Sobeys unless there is a big promo (hello summer ice cream specials!) and have yet to do even 1 Blue Friday event. We would still need to go to Metro for our regular shopping and we can't afford to have a ton of money tied up in gift cards. We don't get gas at Shell, simply too hard to get to the only one in our city and hubby prefers Petro Can.

LONG answer to your simple question, but yes, you can earn that many miles fairly easily IF you are willing to shift your buying from one week to the next, stock up during big sales and work the big promos. I ALWAYS check the online portal as well because even 10 miles from an HBC order I'd be making anyway is better than none. Last year's primary card total = 16,688 and the secondary card, that is only used during the big promos, snagged 5,820 (way more than I thought!)

how funny, i almost wrote the opposite caveat on my post! so this trick should work on either operating system.

enjoy your movie marathon! (i love harry potter)
Have you been to Universal?? OMG, we kept saying to each other "WOW, that's exactly how it looked, we NEED to go back!!!!"

This is the first time we've done a binge of these movies and it was only the 2nd time we'd seen The Goblet of Fire, I'd forgotten so much about it that it was like the first time. I'm in awe of how her mind works to have weaved a story with so many incredible details that flow seamlessly from the first movie thru the entire series. OH and how did those kids grow up so quickly?!?!?!

The extra coupon comes from the Airmiles App, IMHO the Rexall one is pretty useless!! For me the extra offer only pops up the day of but i think @CanadianKrista seems to know about it a good 24 hours before i do, perhaps she'll share (oops assumption on my part that you ARE a she, sorry if I'm wrong)

I sometimes see the second Rexall offer from airmiles direct - I.e. get one email from Rexall and a second from airmiles with 2 different codes. So far today I have only seen the Rexall one, no airmiles one. And yes, I am a she :)

Thanks for the info re Rexall,,,
I was hoping to make a quick shop today but ran into other things.....my family decided to visit today............:tilt:
Off I go late tonight to Disney World!
Happy New Year!pixiedust:
Have a great week and happy airmiling everyone.
Hugs
Mel

P.S.
NO Blue Friday while I am away please.:cutie:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter