Airmiles Armchair Chatter

If you don't mind handing over the other $1, you could take the receipt back and show it to the Manager. The Manager could reund your purchase then ring it up again with the correct amount.
It’s actually a difference of $0.01. I would not even mind giving an extra $1. I will give it a try tomorrow. Thanks!

Warning
Airmiles Vent
I am frustrated with the Shell Meal Deal....
Stations knowingly have charged the wrong amount or wrong product and told people that Loyalty One is aware of the problem and don't worry your miles will post. I have done three chats and been directed to email receipts to two different Airmiles address (Both of which are not accepting emails due to maintenance issues).....so I guess I wait. Even tonight the cashier scanned a bottle of Dasani water instead of the coke because he knew it only works that way. Also he manually changed the price on the pringles ,,tonights airmiles did post on my receipt though...frustrating.

Hugs
Mel

Warning
Airmiles Vent
I am frustrated with the Shell Meal Deal....
Stations knowingly have charged the wrong amount or wrong product and told people that Loyalty One is aware of the problem and don't worry your miles will post. I have done three chats and been directed to email receipts to two different Airmiles address (Both of which are not accepting emails due to maintenance issues).....so I guess I wait. Even tonight the cashier scanned a bottle of Dasani water instead of the coke because he knew it only works that way. Also he manually changed the price on the pringles ,,tonights airmiles did post on my receipt though...frustrating.

Hugs
Mel

I feel for you, I've never been too successful with their in-store offers. Last spring I had personal offers for specific coke products and after 3 or 4 unsuccessful attempts, bottle swapping to ring in new products not in their system etc. I packed it in and wrote it off as a loss. I never did chase the miles from airmiles, receipts messed up etc.

I'm sure you'll get your airmiles in the end but they don't make it easy!

Not MM related but of interest to those who have the BMO World Elite card. DH signed up for this card last year. We have a companion flight available to us. I purchased flights on March 2. Had to pay for both flights up front. BMO awarded the AM for the companion flight last night as well. T&C said it would be 45 days but it only took 26.

Blue Friday in Quebec, I came home with 195AM. Not at all like the deals we get in the rest of the country. I picked up some Lafleur sausages (love them and they are hard to find in Ontario), hams, really nice jam from France. I was please with the prices and what I got but if that had been an Ontario Blue Friday I would have considered it to be a fail (I'm used to 500-600AM minimum here)

There was a day not too long ago when 200AM was just a weekly grocery shop. Oh well, things change. Glad I'm able to shop in two provinces.

Thanks. I didn't know there are two versions of the 737 Max.

Ohh that's too funny. You guys just have to meet each other. :) Put lime green Mickey heads on your suitcases. Is that still a DIS thing?

Well I'm back from our trip to Disneyland. Aladora and I did meet briefly at the airport. We chatted for a few minutes as I waited to gate check my bag. It was so early neither of us thought to take a picture but we did meet.
We had a great trip, especially once we realized that we didn't need to be together all the time in the park. My BIL's family's touring style is very different from our family, in fact DBIL joined us some of the time as his kids wanted nothing to do with thrill rides. My cousin and her family came down the last couple of days of our trip as our trips overlapped a couple of days, so we also got to spend some time with them which was nice as they don't live in the same city as me and I only get to see them a few times a year.

Sooo .. it appears the "new & improved" Disney tickets have made it to the AM site and i expect most of you won't be overly happy in the jump in "price" but IMHO, at least you'll still be able to cash in some (a LOT) miles instead of paying USD funds for them!
They still have the CDN Resident tickets showing but now also have the Flexible Start ones as well (BTW they only have ADULT tickets showing)

Walt Disney World Resort Florida 5-Day Disney Flexible Date Base Ticket - Adult

Disney’s Hollywood Studios,
Epcot, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Magic Kingdom Park

• 5,995 reward miles
Walt Disney World Resort Florida 7-Day Disney Flexible Date Base Ticket - Adult

• 6,400 reward miles

So glad to see the tickets. I estimated 6100/6500 airmiles in February, so this is great. Also means that Airmiles pricing is somewhat predictable still which is good too.

We are considering using the personal shopper for next year's tickets and getting exactly what we want. We are starting to think a couple of after hours tickets are better than 5 day tickets for us but will decide after our trip end of April/May.

Sooo .. it appears the "new & improved" Disney tickets have made it to the AM site and i expect most of you won't be overly happy in the jump in "price" but IMHO, at least you'll still be able to cash in some (a LOT) miles instead of paying USD funds for them!
They still have the CDN Resident tickets showing but now also have the Flexible Start ones as well (BTW they only have ADULT tickets showing)

Walt Disney World Resort Florida 5-Day Disney Flexible Date Base Ticket - Adult

• 5,995 reward miles
Walt Disney World Resort Florida 7-Day Disney Flexible Date Base Ticket - Adult

• 6,400 reward miles
I actually think that's not so bad. I was thinking that a 5 day ticket would be closer to 7000 miles.

The Airmiles tickets are still really good value. Calculating the cost of tickets through Disney directly:

5 day base ticket on Disney site $436US (after tax) to get the flexible option +164. Lets say $600US convert to Cdn @1.35 = $810Cdn or 7695AM (810/10*95)
7 day base ticket on Disney site $456US (after tax) to get the flexible option +161. Lets say $617US convert to Cdn @1.35 = $833Cdn or 7913AM (833/10*95)

I used the cheapest days on the calendar when calculating the amounts above so the #'s will change slightly for other dates. Basically, through Airmiles you are getting the flexibility for free. And that makes sense as Airmiles couldn't sell the tickets any other way. Tickets must be used by Dec 31, 2020.

I knew someone would be jumping in to do the required Disney math! :teacher:

I'm sitting here doing a different type of studying, maps open, various transit sites up and Toronto Tourism in another window. My best friend is someone i met on the DISboards and she lives in Philly. She has turned a 3 hours business trip to Vaughan into a 3 day visit and I'm doing almost as much planning as a flippin Disney trip requires! I still need to get down into the city for my hospital visit so that involved pointing her towards a hotel that i can connect to TTC from without too much effort. Next up is figuring out where to eat, what to do, how to get there, what can't be missed for someone who has never been to Toronto :surfweb: Side note, i had NO idea how big Vaughan Mills actually IS!

Now I'm wondering what I can do to squeeze in my Mega Miles hunt at the same time since she'll be here in less than 2 weeks :rotfl2:

it sounds like the “problem” with tickets is much more about disney boosting the price tons in the last few years, and that air miles is just keeping up.

it’s amazing though...i have one set left from the canada resident tickets a couple years back (the green cards). i think it was 6500 for 2 adult tickets, so half the price! :earseek:

Do you know if the Shell mega miles coupon for spend 10$ in store includes lotto tickets. On the back it only excludes shell gift cards tobacco and service bay repairs?

Do you know if the Shell mega miles coupon for spend 10$ in store includes lotto tickets. On the back it only excludes shell gift cards tobacco and service bay repairs?

Normally Shell in store does include lotto tickets. I haven't tried it yet though for this promotion, I did last year and it worked.

The Airmiles tickets are still really good value. Calculating the cost of tickets through Disney directly:

5 day base ticket on Disney site $436US (after tax) to get the flexible option +164. Lets say $600US convert to Cdn @1.35 = $810Cdn or 7695AM (810/10*95)
7 day base ticket on Disney site $456US (after tax) to get the flexible option +161. Lets say $617US convert to Cdn @1.35 = $833Cdn or 7913AM (833/10*95)

I used the cheapest days on the calendar when calculating the amounts above so the #'s will change slightly for other dates. Basically, through Airmiles you are getting the flexibility for free. And that makes sense as Airmiles couldn't sell the tickets any other way. Tickets must be used by Dec 31, 2020.

What!!!????

Looks like I missed a huge price jump sometime while I was away!

My calculations are similar to yours:

5day 5995am = $631.05 Cad cash miles (5995/95*10)
7day 6400am = $673.68 Cad cash miles (6400/95*10)

At yesterday's exchange rate of 1.3429, airmiles cost is $469.92usd 5day, $501.66usd 7day

Disney's Current ticket costs without flex(5day/7day):
Christmas: $605.01usd/$671.08usd
Peak: $496.77usd/$526.73usd
Reg: $460.05usd/$484.79usd
Value: $456.19/$481.57
Low: $452.32/$475.11

So if numbers correct, if you are going Christmas/Peak it's definitely a good deal, at other times you pay a bit more than you would for a regular ticket but get the flex option and get to use airmiles. For us, the flex option has a $0 value really as it only gives you a 14 day booking window which we would never pay for.

Sidenote: what happened to the ticket prices?????? These increases are crazy

February 2019 Disney ticket prices (usd) vs now:

5-day day based tickets cost $417.04-$480.85, 5 day flex $489.90, now $452.32-$605.01 (+8.4% - +25.8%), flex $611.31 (+24.8%)

7-day day based tickets cost $440.03-$506.82, 7 day flex $521.86, now $475.11-$617.08 (+8% - +21.8%), flex $627.29 (+20.2%)

4Park Magic Summer tickets $378.80, now $404.70 (+6.8%)

What!!!????

Looks like I missed a huge price jump sometime while I was away!

My calculations are similar to yours:

5day 5995am = $631.05 Cad cash miles (5995/95*10)
7day 6400am = $673.68 Cad cash miles (6400/95*10)

At yesterday's exchange rate of 1.3429, airmiles cost is $469.92usd 5day, $501.66usd 7day

Disney's Current ticket costs without flex(5day/7day):
Christmas: $605.01usd/$671.08usd
Peak: $496.77usd/$526.73usd
Reg: $460.05usd/$484.79usd
Value: $456.19/$481.57
Low: $452.32/$475.11

So if numbers correct, if you are going Christmas/Peak it's definitely a good deal, at other times you pay a bit more than you would for a regular ticket but get the flex option and get to use airmiles. For us, the flex option has a $0 value really as it only gives you a 14 day booking window which we would never pay for.

Sidenote: what happened to the ticket prices?????? These increases are crazy

February 2019 Disney ticket prices (usd) vs now:

5-day day based tickets cost $417.04-$480.85, 5 day flex $489.90, now $452.32-$605.01 (+8.4% - +25.8%), flex $611.31 (+24.8%)

7-day day based tickets cost $440.03-$506.82, 7 day flex $521.86, now $475.11-$617.08 (+8% - +21.8%), flex $627.29 (+20.2%)

4Park Magic Summer tickets $378.80, now $404.70 (+6.8%)

Increase happened right after GE opening dates were announced... I think "free" tickets are a good deal, even if they have gone up in price. However I'm probably not going after this summer's trip for a few years so we'll see what happens with ticket prices! I also like to get park hoppers and obviously have to pay for that now. Oh, and kiddo turns 10 in December so I need adult tickets :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter