Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I had decided to do the Metro pizza coupon instead of Rexall but this bonus 60AM really swayed me. Plus I find it silly to spend $13+ on one pizza when I make REALLY good pizza from scratch :)

Does anyone know what exactly is included in the Rexall beauty and skin care event? It lists a bunch of items, but then says "selected types and sizes". I'm planning on going on Thursday to pick some things up, but I really don't want to get to the cashier and find out that some of the items don't count, and not reach the $50 spend. Are there tags that indicate what's included?

It's often a bit of a mystery. That is precisely why I rarely do this event. If you need cosmetics (safe) it's an easy one to do. I've read that deodorant and body wash are not included but bath salts and bath bombs are. I know that facial cleansing cloths don't count but liquid facial cleanser does.

Even the cashiers aren't certain what's included and what's not.

So what I'm understanding from Airmiles is that their flex tickets were purchased before the March 12 price increase and when they run out they will be offering the December 2020 ones at a higher price. The value of the Disney Florida flex tickets is at the pre March 12 price, so they are worth $489usd 5day flex and $521usd 7day flex if you exchange/upgrade them. This means the 2020 expiry ones, which cost $611usd 5day flex and $627usd 7day flex on Disney's website will likely be around 7800 airmiles 5 day flex and 8000 airmiles 7day flex. Rumour is that Disney may also be increasing their prices in October, but it's just rumour so who knows.

Wow...that is really crazy. As much as I would LOVE for us to be able to take our boys there...wow...Disney is pricing themselves out. Once we add on our exchange, flights, hotels, food it gets pretty high. Especially that exchange is what does us in :crazy2:

It's often a bit of a mystery. That is precisely why I rarely do this event. If you need cosmetics (safe) it's an easy one to do. I've read that deodorant and body wash are not included but bath salts and bath bombs are. I know that facial cleansing cloths don't count but liquid facial cleanser does.

That’s frustrating. I was planning on buying some skin products, and maybe a couple of nail polishes. How do you end up finding out if you’ve reached the limit? Will the system show it as the cashier scans the items?

Wow...that is really crazy. As much as I would LOVE for us to be able to take our boys there...wow...Disney is pricing themselves out. Once we add on our exchange, flights, hotels, food it gets pretty high. Especially that exchange is what does us in :crazy2:

It is crazy. I'm hoping in the future they will carry the 4 day discount ones that Disney carries (promo ended Mar 31). They told me they will continue to carry the Canadian tickets whenever they are offered.

Does anyone know what exactly is included in the Rexall beauty and skin care event? It lists a bunch of items, but then says "selected types and sizes". I'm planning on going on Thursday to pick some things up, but I really don't want to get to the cashier and find out that some of the items don't count, and not reach the $50 spend. Are there tags that indicate what's included?

That’s frustrating. I was planning on buying some skin products, and maybe a couple of nail polishes. How do you end up finding out if you’ve reached the limit? Will the system show it as the cashier scans the items?

While i regularly shop at Rexall because i can get a huge return on my $$, I've long since stopped doing the Beauty & Skin Care and the Head-to-Toe offer because they rarely, if ever, work! The system doesn't seem to know and the exclusions make zero sense and the only way you'll know if it worked or not is when your receipt prints.The signs will be plastered thru the entire sign but have no more detail than the flyer and it won't be on the individual products that are included. NOW, you will be able to combine the confusing offer with the Mega Miles coupon, AND any Load and Go offers If it turns out you don't get those miles you have a couple of choices: ask the cashier why & if you're lucky they'll just give you those miles you should have if they think you've bought the products included, OR just ask them to refund the entire sale and you won't lose the miles from the 2 coupons used since their system doesn't claw them back.

Last edited:
I had decided to do the Metro pizza coupon instead of Rexall but this bonus 60AM really swayed me. Plus I find it silly to spend $13+ on one pizza when I make REALLY good pizza from scratch :)

Added incentive. The pizza is on sale until Wednesday for $9.99. I would pick one up then add a few of your favourite toppings at home and pop it back into the oven for a few minutes.

So, not Air Miles related (other than how crazy ticket prices are looking like they might be) - has anyone ever done the Youth Education Series? You can get 4 day tickets for $265 (the price per day differential is a lot more than regular tickets when you add a day - the 3 day ($224) and 4 day seem the best option). I know that it will mean doing a 3 hour class, but for the difference (especially with 5 or 6 people), I feel like it might be worth it!

Stopped at Rexall to do my mega miles, she also scanned the email coupon, and I had a LnG so I got 105 Airmiles I think? There were a few on one of the items I bought. I will also have nice legs and toes ready for spring! Bought foot cream, leg stuff and a self tanner I've been wanting to try. Will attempt it now so I can put on leggings if it doesn't work out :)

I didn't want to wait for Thursday's Head to Toe, or Beauty event, whatever it is... I can never guess right so I'd rather not even try. Plus the email coupon is only good until tomorrow so it wouldn't stack, though 100 AM is better than 60 any way, but it would also cost me an extra $10 and the stress of not knowing if I got it right.

Stopped at Rexall to do my mega miles, she also scanned the email coupon, and I had a LnG so I got 105 Airmiles I think? There were a few on one of the items I bought. I will also have nice legs and toes ready for spring! Bought foot cream, leg stuff and a self tanner I've been wanting to try. Will attempt it now so I can put on leggings if it doesn't work out :)

I didn't want to wait for Thursday's Head to Toe, or Beauty event, whatever it is... I can never guess right so I'd rather not even try. Plus the email coupon is only good until tomorrow so it wouldn't stack, though 100 AM is better than 60 any way, but it would also cost me an extra $10 and the stress of not knowing if I got it right.

EXCELLENT catch there. I've edited my post to remove that comment -- wonder if this is a lead up to a larger offer Thursday only? We're due for one of those!

Thank you guys! Until reading these posts last night I hadn't thought to check Rexall and my load & go's. I ended up spending $40.71 and received 128 air miles.

- coupon spend $40 get 60
- M&M coupon spend $40 get 20
- L+G spend $40 get 40
- plus 3 for deodrant (L+G); 3 for shaving cream (L+G) and 2 base miles

The 3 for deodrant did not show up on the receipt nor was it removed from the L+G, so one of the ladies there gave it to me manually.

Regarding the Shell Meal Deal, has anyone found it offered in Peterborough, Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax or Pickering?

I had to drive to Peterborough yesterday so I phoned the Shell on the 115 around Orono but they don't have the promo. I phoned 2 more Shells in Peterborough near the doctor's office and they didn't either.

Today I phoned at least half a dozen Shells' in Oshawa (since I was driving there today) and they didn't either.

I'm so thankful there's one here in Clarington.

Plus Lowes price matches.
Thanks for pointing this out! I was just registering the extended warranty on my stove and discovered the price on my stove has dropped so i started an on-line chat and POOF, within 5 business days the difference will be refunded to the credit card. Gotta say I'm loving Lowe's more & more everyday, their customer service is amazing

So, not Air Miles related (other than how crazy ticket prices are looking like they might be) - has anyone ever done the Youth Education Series? You can get 4 day tickets for $265 (the price per day differential is a lot more than regular tickets when you add a day - the 3 day ($224) and 4 day seem the best option). I know that it will mean doing a 3 hour class, but for the difference (especially with 5 or 6 people), I feel like it might be worth it!
never heard of this can you expand please.

While i regularly shop at Rexall because i can get a huge return on my $$, I've long since stopped doing the Beauty & Skin Care and the Head-to-Toe offer because they rarely, if ever, work! The system doesn't seem to know and the exclusions make zero sense and the only way you'll know if it worked or not is when your receipt prints.The signs will be plastered thru the entire sign but have no more detail than the flyer and it won't be on the individual products that are included. NOW, you will be able to combine the confusing offer with the Mega Miles coupon, AND any Load and Go offers If it turns out you don't get those miles you have a couple of choices: ask the cashier why & if you're lucky they'll just give you those miles you should have if they think you've bought the products included, OR just ask them to refund the entire sale and you won't lose the miles from the 2 coupons used since their system doesn't claw them back.

Ugh. What a pain. Went to Rexall yesterday and decided to wait until Thursday to do the Beauty event as my DD wants lipstick and my DS wants a body spray. Figured I would load up $3.99 shampoos/conditioners to make up the difference. Bad plan?

Thank you! I'll give it a try and hope for the best. Hopefully I'm not coming in here on Friday to complain about wasting my time ;)

never heard of this can you expand please.

I remember seeing this years ago, and thought I’d look into it.

It’s a learning program- you have to take at least one course. They are all 3 hours and you can buy tickets for other days. I think it’s geared to homeschooled families and school groups, but individuals/families seem to be able to sign up. I don’t see any age limits, but I could easily be missing it.

It looks like each additional day is about $50, so once you get over 4 days the discount is a lot less, and it’s a small discount for 2 days, but the 3 and 4 day options look pretty good.

And looking at it some more - it’s for students (that’s fine for me, I have 4 elementary aged kids), but they also say groups of 10 or more. I don’t know if they will put people together to make a group, or if you need 10. I’m going to contact them for more information.

https://www.disneyyouth.com/

Ugh. What a pain. Went to Rexall yesterday and decided to wait until Thursday to do the Beauty event as my DD wants lipstick and my DS wants a body spray. Figured I would load up $3.99 shampoos/conditioners to make up the difference. Bad plan?

It sounds like all of your items *should* fall under that beauty event but it becomes a huge YMMV situation. Sorry i can't provide better input

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter