Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I decided to skip Rexall and bought 3 more boxes of ice cream from Sobeys. I really can’t buy any more stuff from Rexall.
If we lived closer to a Sobeys -- i would be buying MORE myself !!! Instead i will bundle up and walk to a Rexall, i have a list of things that we always need that rarely goes on sale, anywhere, that i can easily pull a $50 transaction together from.

OT...I have to vent...I hope it is okay...The award for the company with the worst customer service goes to "Shell"...I sent an online query to them after the car wash fiasco at the end of February (my query was sent Feb 28) and they just responded tonight and asked the name of the employee I spoke to at the station? My query asked when the "Buy 2 ultimate car washes get 100 Air Miles" promotion ended and what was Shell's policy regarding honouring promotions when locations do not remove signs and the location claims the promotion is done but there is no date on the sign". I replied back that I do not recall who I spoke to at the location 6 weeks ago but who I spoke to was not the issue. I repeated my question and advised that the sign remained at the location for another week. Shell then responded apologizing for the delay and advised that they would contact the location to ensure the sign is removed because feedback is very important to them and it gives false hope and tarnishes the name of the company.

My midnight glance at Reebee has me a tad excited!!!!!!!!!!!! Sobey's ON has a one day bonus offer, not as good as blue fridays out west only 5 items. We really need flour but dang, stupid hubby is having a scope Friday and I'll be his stupid nurse :P

upload_2018-4-11_0-6-21.png
upload_2018-4-11_0-11-14.pngupload_2018-4-11_0-11-55.png

Last edited:
I would not be rushing back just for the sale. If you break them down they are just average price. The chicken works out to about 7.50 per box, a price you can see a lot. |Now the chips are not bad, they would work out to about 1.50 per bag. Flour 4 per bag again not a bad but not great price.
Things that if needed are ok, but nothing to drive out of the way for.

The pop and Gatorade isn't bad. Works out to about $2.67 per 6 pack or $0.45 per bottle.
This is one I thought wasn't good. I can purchase a 6 pack most weekends at shoppers for $2.00-$2.25. Buying 4 at $3.99 to get 50 AM didn't seem to good. I did think the chip deal wasn't bad.

Hs anyone received the 100 AM from Rexall for using 285 AM on their purchase, I believe it was from March 23? I still haven't and as Rexall usually posts very quickly I'm a bit concerned. Just wondering what others experience with this particular offer is.

I finally got my PC points back, plus an additional 70K. Kind of burns me that you have to get ugly with people to get this type of stuff taken care of. Anyway, they are trying to tell me that the thief has my email and passwords from some other online source. I'm not really buying that excuse but what ever. They have restored my points but frozen my account until I call them and confirm that my password has been changed on my PC and personal email. I already changed the password like a month ago when they first told me to. I also had to get a new card which I did last night. I still have to link the new card though. When I got the new card I chatted with the cashier that gave it to me and asked her if she had heard any stories of point thefts. She said she had not but had been made aware that there were several people coming to customer service and complaining about it.

It occurred to me that if they are giving everyone the points back plus a bonus this is going to cost them a pretty penny. Coupe that with the increases to minimum wage and Galen Weston will have to take a pay cut. :rotfl2:
Dancin, my friend who is missing $500 in points called in again yesterday only to find it had never been escalated to the right department. It’s been months at this point!!! Where did you finally get a resolution from? I’d like to direct her to a more effective way to get this resolved. :sad2:

I called up Marlin Travel today, and unfortunately you cannot use a placeholder cruise booked onboard with the 10% savings, AND use the Dream 100$ travel certificates. To use the certificates, they have to initially book the cruise through either Air Canada Vacations,

I know the DD has her destination wedding booked through Marlin Travel, as we, the dd, and some of my family would like to use our airmiles to hopefully offset the cost of the vacation. I have questions for the agent working with them when we put our deposit down on it. I'm torn between using them for the wedding....orrrrrrrrrrrrrr keeping them and trying to do a quick ( and as cheap as we can with all our credit card points ) get away and surprise the DS who will be graduating next year with a trip to Universal as a graduation present, as he wants to really go and we have never been there before.

Hs anyone received the 100 AM from Rexall for using 285 AM on their purchase, I believe it was from March 23? I still haven't and as Rexall usually posts very quickly I'm a bit concerned. Just wondering what others experience with this particular offer is.

I have not received those yet. I did get the 40 MM points in the same transaction.

I have not received those yet. I did get the 40 MM points in the same transaction.
Those miles will show up eventually -- i just checked the timeline on one of these that i did:
  • Email on Oct 27th alerting me to use cash miles anytime between Oct 27th - Nov 2nd
  • Used the cash miles on Oct 31st -- bonus miles NOT on receipt
  • Bonus miles posted on Nov 13th with this note upload_2018-4-11_12-51-46.png
Time before that
  • email on June 9th -- was only a weekend offer this time
  • used cash miles on June 9th
  • Bonus miles posted on June 20th (with the same note)
Yet another time
  • Email on March 17th, 2017 to use cash miles between March 20th - 23rd
  • BOOM this was when the breach happened and cash miles couldn't be used :(
The fine print from the flyer says these miles can take up to 8 weeks to show up so not time to panic yet.

Carnival Magic :) with a couple Disney nights thrown in at the end (the reason I booked something out of Port Canaveral). Allure looks pretty awesome!

Have you sailed on the Magic or with Carnival before? We did WDW and a cruise on the Magic back in February. I'm curious to hear your thoughts of the cruise afterward.

Have you sailed on the Magic or with Carnival before? We did WDW and a cruise on the Magic back in February. I'm curious to hear your thoughts of the cruise afterward.

We cruised on Carnival Liberty from Port Canaveral when it was doing 7-night cruises. We are looking forward to getting back on it after doing RCL for a few cruises, we missed the 24-hour ice cream ;) well someone did any way! And we are looking forward to the water slides, and the ports we are stopping at should be a lot of fun.

That moment when you're trying to find one more online order to place so you can get the 50 AM bonus and you stumble across the PERFECT leather purse on Amazon ... on sale from $225 to $80 AND you have a $5 credit from a botched Christmas order PLUS enough credits from one on-line survey account for $25 gift card PLUS 2 $16 Visa Gift Cards from a different survey company to get said purse ... FOR FREE! AND extra AM to boot!!

fbb9820934af1cd3e58930abd45b5d98.gif

Dancin, my friend who is missing $500 in points called in again yesterday only to find it had never been escalated to the right department. It’s been months at this point!!! Where did you finally get a resolution from? I’d like to direct her to a more effective way to get this resolved. :sad2:
Well that really sucks. In a way though, I'm not surprised.

My basic time line....
Sent an email(just using the 'contact us' on the website) a day or two after my points disappeared so lets say that was March 3......never did get a response from that.
A week later (Mar 10th) I did an online chat and was told that I would have points back within a week....didn't happen.
A few days later my DD who is a RCSS manager talked with someone in head office about this and gave her my acct info.
Approx. March 26th I did a second online chat and got nothing but a bunch of "I'm sorry" which made me mad and I got the ugly out....end result was that the agent said she would escalate my file to her supervisor.
March 29th I finally got an email and a phone call stating that my account had been compromised (wow, news flash) but my points would be restored as soon as I contacted the rep on the email.....the points had actually already been returned to my account but the account was frozen.

What we don't know is if it was sorted out because I got angry/nasty with the online chat person or if it was connected to my DD. We think that it was actually the online chat as my DD does not know the person I had to call to finish the process.

I still have the email with the phone number and extension of the woman I had to talk to. I would be happy to PM you the number is you want it. I had a case number but who knows maybe it would be helpful.

I do know that this has been a much larger problem than they have let on. There is an entire department dedicated to this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter