Airmiles Armchair Chatter

You were mentioning gas at shell. One thing to do is split you fill ups into min fuel to get miles. Shell gives one mile per fillup think min 15 l or something plus bonus for premium fuel. Use their coupons to up this and don’t by be afraid to stop. Move pumps and resume. Better yet find ways to get shell gift cards from retailers giving you air miles deal and then use for gas at shell Or Canadian tire. The miles you get on filling are minimal. You need to work the gift card credit card deals to get serious points

You were mentioning gas at shell. One thing to do is split you fill ups into min fuel to get miles. Shell gives one mile per fillup think min 15 l or something plus bonus for premium fuel. Use their coupons to up this and don’t by be afraid to stop. Move pumps and resume. Better yet find ways to get shell gift cards from retailers giving you air miles deal and then use for gas at shell Or Canadian tire. The miles you get on filling are minimal. You need to work the gift card credit card deals to get serious points

They have coupons??? Where do I find those? Thank you for the tip ;)

They have coupons??? Where do I find those? Thank you for the tip ;)
One way of getting Shell coupons is through Sobey's/Safeway - usually after $150 total grocery purchase you get a coupon with your purchase for "cents off a litre". It varies, I have gotten everything from 3 cents off to 7 cents off. It also depends on your participating stores so you might have to make a few phone calls before going to the store.

MegaMiles and the other promotions also come with Shell coupons, usually.

Keep an eye on this thread, someone will bring it up! :) We are happy to help!

DANG the Duck fell asleep on the job last week -- missed updating the Rexall flyer & providing my thoughts (actually truth be told if i DID sleep i wouldn't have missed it ... very tired Ducky right now) Links are active & current in the first post now.

Luckily the threshold offer on the weekend was for a $50 spend and the one i have in my LnG offers is only $40 and if we get an email coupon (should come at some point today or tomorrow) that $40 will net 120 compared to the 100. There are the standard piddly bonus miles on Rexall brand product and the Proctor & Gamble products. If you're needing those products anyway you'll be increasing your return. Use coupons on the P & G items and save some cash as well.

Proctor & Gamble coupons to print & use at Rexall

@Brandilovesdisney Rexall is a GREAT store to shop at if you need an immediate boost in miles since they post within 24 hours (including the weekend) They also have regular coupons for bonus miles and links will appear here for you to snag & use. If you aren't already signed up for their Load n Go offers, follow the links in the first post to do that! They aren't targeted anymore but you will often get a threshold spend offer. You can safely ignore the wording on their coupons that state they can't be combined because they will stack.

Last edited:

We had another awesome hunting trip at Metro this week!
  • 2 containers of B & J ice cream, 2 boxes of ice cream on a stick & 2 tubs of Becel vegan margarine $4.99 ea - $29.94 = 60 AM
  • 2 boxes of irresistible ice cream on a stick $4.99 ea - $9.98 = 10 AM
  • Loaded threshold offer spend $50 get 25 AM
  • Pretax total $79.10 snagged 99 AM plus whatever we'll get for using the AMEX
I've mentioned before that hubby has trouble with commercially baked bread & he also can't eat cereal anymore (don't recommend getting older if you can avoid it :P ) so has been eating the store baked cheese bread for breakie over the last year or so. The price on that stuff jumped to $6.49 a loaf and that barely makes it 5 days. SO ...part of the "aakkk we need to buy a car sooner than we expected to" agreement was that i would start baking all of his bread, it's cheaper and tastes better. This translated to a LOT of time in the kitchen and some aching arms on my part since we don't have a decent mixer .... YET. I just ordered this bad boy thru Airmiles and told myself it's completely FREE because it "cost" me 3,000 miles, you know, the miles from the StB and MM promos paid for it!!!
upload_2018-6-4_19-48-38.png

So the revised Shell Jun 4 to Sep 2 promo is up on Shell's website:

3 bonus miles when you spend $5 in-store for GTA and a few other areas:(
Each area/province seems different so I'll just post the link.

https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorist...get-100s-of-air-miles-reward-this-summer.html
OOOH ... our Shell is finally on the list! Now it's not as good as the current deal but there are a few of the items that are somewhat decent offers!
  • Get 10 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of any Magnum Bar for $3.99. Maximum 10 Bonus Miles per transaction for this offer. Maximum 5 transactions per day
  • Get 10 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of any 2 Doritos (Small Bag size). Maximum 10 Bonus Miles per transaction for this offer. Maximum 5 transactions per day
  • Get 10 AIR MILES® Bonus Mileswith the purchase of any 2 Hershey Crunchers or Tubes. Maximum 10 Bonus Miles per transaction for this offer. Maximum 5 transactions per day. (i am addicted to these things!!)
  • Get 10 AIR MILES® Bonus Mileswith the purchase of any 3 Gatorade 710 ml for $5. Maximum 10 Bonus Miles per transaction for this offer. Maximum 5 transactions per day.
  • Get 10 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of any 2 Red Bull 250ml beverages for $4.50. Maximum 10 Bonus Miles per transaction for this offer. Maximum 5 transactions per day.
  • Get 10 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of any 2 Perrier or San Pellegrino 500ml for $3.00). Maximum 10 Bonus Miles per transaction for this offer. Maximum 5 transactions per day.

Hey Toronto Airmilers - Any recommendations on a Toronto Pearson hotel I can book with AM? Something with an airport shuttle with ability to walk to restaurants or mall? Will have a layover with my daughter as she embarks on her trip to Sri Lanka. I do have a place we can stay in downtown Toronto for free, so not sure if I should book Porter or WJ with my AM, but not sure it's worth the hassle to take the express train to and from Pearson. Thanks!

We had another awesome hunting trip at Metro this week!
  • 2 containers of B & J ice cream, 2 boxes of ice cream on a stick & 2 tubs of Becel vegan margarine $4.99 ea - $29.94 = 60 AM
  • 2 boxes of irresistible ice cream on a stick $4.99 ea - $9.98 = 10 AM
  • Loaded threshold offer spend $50 get 25 AM
  • Pretax total $79.10 snagged 99 AM plus whatever we'll get for using the AMEX
I've mentioned before that hubby has trouble with commercially baked bread & he also can't eat cereal anymore (don't recommend getting older if you can avoid it :P ) so has been eating the store baked cheese bread for breakie over the last year or so. The price on that stuff jumped to $6.49 a loaf and that barely makes it 5 days. SO ...part of the "aakkk we need to buy a car sooner than we expected to" agreement was that i would start baking all of his bread, it's cheaper and tastes better. This translated to a LOT of time in the kitchen and some aching arms on my part since we don't have a decent mixer .... YET. I just ordered this bad boy thru Airmiles and told myself it's completely FREE because it "cost" me 3,000 miles, you know, the miles from the StB and MM promos paid for it!!!
View attachment 327269

I thought you were going to say you bought a bread machine. Easy way to make bread without the time consuming effort. I need a mixer will have to look into the one you found.

I thought you were going to say you bought a bread machine. Easy way to make bread without the time consuming effort. I need a mixer will have to look into the one you found.
If it was only bread i needed to make, perhaps, but hubby also can't eat commercially prepared pasta so i make that as well!! Plus a ton of other things that this new mixer will make so much easier. Our kitchen is small so i don't have very much room to store "one-trick-pony" appliances. Must admit I was tempted to upgrade to THIS mixer though since it comes with attachments to make pasta & ice cream!(until i watched the video and saw how painfully slow the pasta thing is and how many tiny parts would need to be cleaned, I'll stick to my hand cranker :P )
upload_2018-6-5_11-58-31.png

If you're interested in the mixer you should pop over to the Cuisinart website, they have great youtube videos for all of their products.

OOOH, i just noticed something about the threshold spend offers at Rexall (both email coupon AND LnG offer) ... this week they are valid from YESTERDAY thru til Thursday and here i was waiting till tomorrow or Thursday to get all the things on my growing "wait till a good threshold offer pops up" list!!

So the revised Shell Jun 4 to Sep 2 promo is up on Shell's website:

3 bonus miles when you spend $5 in-store for GTA and a few other areas:(
Each area/province seems different so I'll just post the link.

https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorist...get-100s-of-air-miles-reward-this-summer.html

Just a heads up on this, I interpreted this as a scaled back version of the 5 AMs for every $5 spent to now be 3AMs per $5 when I first saw it.

On second reading (and looking at the Shell site) I think this is just 3 AMs per transaction over $5. So if you buy a $50 gift card you would only get 3 AMs, not 30 AMs. (Hope I’m wrong)

Just a heads up on this, I interpreted this as a scaled back version of the 5 AMs for every $5 spent to now be 3AMs per $5 when I first saw it.

On second reading (and looking at the Shell site) I think this is just 3 AMs per transaction over $5. So if you buy a $50 gift card you would only get 3 AMs, not 30 AMs. (Hope I’m wrong)
I find this a tad confusing myself (this is nothing new though :P ) -- when you look at the fine print for the individual offers it has a maximum per transaction listed but there isn't one with the "threshold spend" ... so is it a total of 3 AM or 3 AM for every $5.00 :confused3 They all say they can be combined with each other .. i think someone needs to take one for the team and buy the following items:
  • 1 magnum frozen treat (too dang yummy!) $3.99 = 10 AM
  • 2 Hershey tube (cause YUMMY) - not sure of price but usually around $2 = 10 AM
  • 2 Perrier (to counteract all the sugar :P ) $3.00 = 10 AM
This should come in around $10 and give you 30 AM for the products and either 3 or 6 AM for the threshold spend!

Got an email from Shell with a targeted offer, if we fill up (min. 25L) at Shell twice in June, we'll get 100AM's.
Good grief, just got this offer as well but we have to fill up THREE times ... remember the new car?? A FIT that came with a full tank ... we *might* fill up a total of 3 times in a normal month and it only holds 40 L this is NOT happening for us :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter