• OMG clusters $2.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Glad wrap & freezer bags $3.99 buy 2 get 15 AM
  • Blood glucose strips $79.99 get 100 AM
  • Cara gift cards $50 get 75 AM
Foodland Atlantic Flyer
  • Glad Press n Seal $2.99 buy 2 get 15 AM
  • Solo energy bars 3/$4.98 buy 3 get 10 AM
  • bunch of offers hovering around 1:1 ratio

Anyone else know if Bed Bath Beyond still gives AM on AirMilesShops if you pick up instore? I only want to spend $20, not over $49.

Just ordered another 10 travel certificates. It's a little sad watching my air miles balance go from over 9K to less than 100 with the click of a button, lol!

I noticed the Safeway/Sobeys flyer has a deal on the Cara Universal GC (Swiss Chalet, Milestones. Harvey's, etc.), spend $50, get 75 AM this week - I think I'll pick up a couple of those. I also have a couple of targeted offers, so I'll probably be able to put together enough for the spend $100 get 100am coupon.

Just ordered another 10 travel certificates. It's a little sad watching my air miles balance go from over 9K to less than 100 with the click of a button, lol!

Wow! Good for you! I'd love to see the travel agent's face when you tell her you have $XXXX dollars in vouchers through air miles LOL People are just amazed at how many I can accumulate in a year. They think I just "chase" miles, but I only buy stuff that we will use/eat.

Just wanted to let people know I did the sobeys gift card deal this morning and the excellent customer service lady at sobeys terry fox helped sort out the specifics by trying with the pos system. So you get 75 am for every 50 dollar spend in a transaction. So if they only have $25 cards like the sobeys I went to then make sure they scan two and the screen will show 75 am. If you keep adding more cards it will show more am. I did $250 in one transactions with all $25 cards and it gave me my 375 am. She didn’t have a $100 gift card to scan but she thinks it would give 150 am. Lesson learned is they can scAn and see if points are awarded before they activate and then correct if needed. I cleaned out this store so that suggests they did not ramp up their inventory for the offer and in fact before I showed them the back page of the flyer they didn’t even know about the offer

Last edited:
Anyone else know if Bed Bath Beyond still gives AM on AirMilesShops if you pick up instore? I only want to spend $20, not over $49.

Only if you PAY through AirMileShops as well. If Bed Bath Beyond's airmileshops says you can order/reserve online, pickup and pay at the store - then NO.

I only wanted to spend $24.99 at Bed Bath Beyond. (The cast iron pizza pan for the grill cost that much) but it won't ship to the store location of my choice. So... I ordered 2 so it would ship for free to my house. When it arrives, I will be returning 1 and keeping the other. This way I still have $24.99 pre-tax ordered through AirMileShops but did not have to pay shipping.

Just back from Sobeys. The CARA GC worked in one transaction (4x$50). Mine had a grey extra coupons section to it. There are coupons loaded onto this part of the card that are good at a number of the restaurants (free appetizer, discounted meal etc.) Of note however for anyone who picks one up is that the coupons are only good for 90 days after the card is activated. The GC is a three part card, hanger section, this bonus card and then the GC section.

Cara1.png

Just back from Sobeys. The CARA GC worked in one transaction (4x$50). Mine had a grey extra coupons section to it. There are coupons loaded onto this part of the card that are good at a number of the restaurants (free appetizer, discounted meal etc.) Of note however for anyone who picks one up is that the coupons are only good for 90 days after the card is activated. The GC is a three part card, hanger section, this bonus card and then the GC section.

Cara1.png
I got these too

Did you go to sobeys stittsville? I cleaned out terry fox unless the $100 ones work and I want more because I use these a lot

Only if you PAY through AirMileShops as well. If Bed Bath Beyond's airmileshops says you can order/reserve online, pickup and pay at the store - then NO.

I only wanted to spend $24.99 at Bed Bath Beyond. (The cast iron pizza pan for the grill cost that much) but it won't ship to the store location of my choice. So... I ordered 2 so it would ship for free to my house. When it arrives, I will be returning 1 and keeping the other. This way I still have $24.99 pre-tax ordered through AirMileShops but did not have to pay shipping.
Our son takes this approach to online shopping to an entirely different level -- I don't have the courage to do this:
  • Place a large enough order with Amazon to get free shipping
  • A couple of hours later go into the order and cancel whatever he doesn't want
  • Only the things he wants ship and he still pays no shipping
I would be sitting by my computer freaking out that 1 of 3 things would happen:
  • entire order cancelled
  • shipping costs added to my credit card on file (i keep a small gift visa card there for authorization purposes)
  • everything would get shipped , including the crap i ordered to get to the free shipping mark
He keeps a running balance on an Amazon gift card so the money just goes back onto it for the items he cancels

BUT i like your suggestion other than the fact that depending on which store they will claw back the AM as well (i know Staples does this) and i would worry that it would mess up this promo -- I'll keep it in mind for other scenarios though!

Our son takes this approach to online shopping to an entirely different level -- I don't have the courage to do this:
  • Place a large enough order with Amazon to get free shipping
  • A couple of hours later go into the order and cancel whatever he doesn't want
  • Only the things he wants ship and he still pays no shipping
I would be sitting by my computer freaking out that 1 of 3 things would happen:
  • entire order cancelled
  • shipping costs added to my credit card on file (i keep a small gift visa card there for authorization purposes)
  • everything would get shipped , including the crap i ordered to get to the free shipping mark
He keeps a running balance on an Amazon gift card so the money just goes back onto it for the items he cancels

BUT i like your suggestion other than the fact that depending on which store they will claw back the AM as well (i know Staples does this) and i would worry that it would mess up this promo -- I'll keep it in mind for other scenarios though!

Wow. I couldn't do what your son does. I'd be freaking out as well!

I hear what you are saying but I don't think I will have a problem Bed Bath Beyond is 1 air mile for every $20. My order was $49.98 pre-tax (two items at $24.99 each). When I return one pizza pan my order will still be over $20 at $24.99 pre-tax as I'm keeping the other pizza pan. BBB should only claw back 1 air mile out of the 2. IF Bed Bath Beyond does claw back both air miles then I will be on the phone to Air Miles very fast. I have 8 screenshots taken during my BBB order, plus I'll be keeping all the paperwork. I may have to wait until the 120 days is up but I will get my bonus air miles.

BBB was my 6th shop because I don't trust the Etsy order. I have 31 screenshots for my Etsy order. I bet that one gets screwed up. So far no base miles for Etsy.

Oh hey, I updated my Air Miles spreadsheet today and saw that while Rona gave me 9 air miles for my online order, they only took back 3. I expected them all to be clawed back as I had to return the ceiling fan and order another one from Home Depot. I wonder if they'll claw back the bonus 6 or leave them in my account.

Wow! Good for you! I'd love to see the travel agent's face when you tell her you have $XXXX dollars in vouchers through air miles LOL People are just amazed at how many I can accumulate in a year. They think I just "chase" miles, but I only buy stuff that we will use/eat.

So far I've 'bought' 20 certificates ($2k) - I'm stashing them away for our trip to Greece next year. My hubby didn't think I'd be able to get the $2k worth by the end of the year, you should have seen his face when I told him I got the $2k, and now working on $3k! Like you, I only buy stuff that we need/use, with one caveat - on Blue Fridays, I'll buy extra for the food bank.

So far I've 'bought' 20 certificates ($2k) - I'm stashing them away for our trip to Greece next year. My hubby didn't think I'd be able to get the $2k worth by the end of the year, you should have seen his face when I told him I got the $2k, and now working on $3k! Like you, I only buy stuff that we need/use, with one caveat - on Blue Fridays, I'll buy extra for the food bank.

That's awesome!!! I spent about 14,560 on a gaming computer for my son for Christmas (redeemed in November) and now I'm back up to 14,565. I need 16,200 for 4 Universal Studio Orlando passes for August 2019. Probably more. I'm sure the price will go up before I get to order them. Any time he gets snarky I remind him that computer cost me $1,600 in travel and he'd better smarten up and :worship: me! :rotfl2:

I figure I'll get the air miles needed on my card for Universal. My husband's card has over 6,200 plus I'm working on the the 1,000 back-to-school bonus. His miles I'm saving up for a new computer of my own. I can't wait. :cool1: THis one is 10 years old and having issues.

Then the long-term game of stocking up air miles for travel like you. Maybe another cruise. This time without kids. Just hubby and I. :woohoo:

We are saving up our miles as well for our daughter's destination wedding. Our " goal " is to have at least 2000.00 in travel certificates. We are almost at that point now. So I'm now aiming to have 2 of the 4 reservations paid in full with AM vouchers. I have until March of next year until our remaining balance is due. So hopefully with the promos and some good AM from Safeway and maybe a few shops at Rexall when we get to the big city, or if I want to do a little road trip to get to one ( if the AM payout is good ) I will reach that goal.

I'm also not rushing to cash mine in just yet. I'm very weary of them wanting to change things...and don't want to have vouchers I can't use, when I could be planning a trip for the 4 of us to use them for a graduation trip to Universal in Florida.

But I'm working the program as best I can with the limited number of stores I regularly shop. I'm also working the PC Points for our extra spending money or to help offset some excursions we want to do on the trip. I have until May of next year for that...so I'll just keep plugging away at that as well.

Well, I don't think I will do the Miss Fresh offer. I tried checking out tonight and it was going to charge me the full $59 or whatever for 1 week, 3 meals, 2 portions per meal. None of the meals really appealed to me. And unfortunately when I added my AM card # there was no discount applied like someone else said they experienced! Maybe that was a fluke...

If they have 3 good recipes for the 1st week of Sept maybe I will do it then but I was thinking to myself... $60 just for 500AM and I am questioning if I want to do this... decided not to!

Oh dear, I hope my $40 off was not a fluke! Or possibly it was because I tried using the Groupon first?
Thankfully, you noticed and could make your decision about the cost/benefit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter