Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just saw this offer from LCBO, sorry if it has already been posted.

Get 50 Bonus Miles

Offer validSep 15,2018 - Sep 15,2018

One day only! Saturday, September 15, 2018: Get 50 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles* for every $100 you spend in-store or online.

Not sure if I need to spend $100 on booze but I thought I would share in case any of you want to stock up for Thanksgiving

Going slightly off-topic but not really -- getting ready for the travel booking site to go online (hopefully tomorrow??) has me staring at travel sites, Air Canada, Westjet, Expedia ... Airmiles for flights (funny joke!). We're thinking of St Lucia because hubby read that there are Chocolate Plantations?!?!?! I'm lost in the confusion of resorts i know NADA about & wondering if there anyone has been and has suggestions. OR if not which resort chains would you recommend to the very confused Duck?

View attachment 350232
Lots of great resorts, depends how much you want to spend, some with adults only. Co worker lived there till she was 15 so I can get lots of info for you

50 Air Miles offer for Onyx - Calgary

The Cellar Presents ¿Tasting Wine Blind¿ - Wine Tasting for One - Calgary, AB - Friday, October 26, 2018 (exclusive to Onyx® Collectors)

Blind wine tasting is the skill of being able to recognize familiar aromas, flavours and characters in a wine and use knowledge to be able to conclude what grape it might be.

Expert staff at The Cellar will guide you through tasting six different wines and help you come to your own conclusions about what it may be. There will be a selection of cheeses available to enjoy with the wines.

Exclusive tasting for ONYX Collectors only - just another benefit of being one of our best Collectors!

Maximum of 2 tickets per ONYX Collector.

I am trying to book a hotel stay for this weekend thru the airmiles site. I am paying for it, not using miles. I sign in and then go to book a hotel stay. Then I have to sign in again in the new window, but it doesn't work. This is so annoying, same thing last night. I can go thru and put in all of my payment info and everything and then it says please log in. Ughh wish it work. I don't think I am doing anything wrong. I have used this before to book.

From the Air Miles FB page:

ME:
I was told by an air miles rep that the new travel booking site would be going live Sept. 12. Well, that is today and the website is still the same as before. Did they give out incorrect information?

AIR MILES Canada Hello Heather, we do apologize as this is incorrect information. We do not have a specific launch date yet but are hoping the new travel options will be available soon so please keep an eye out!

I got the same message and thought that I had done something wrong because I didn't keep the menu where it told me how to create my account. I was thinking I would give it until tomorrow and see if it was an overnight batch. I was able to get the free digital Zoomer magazine but only if I download the app onto my phone which I didn't do. Hoping that I get the print version mailed to me.
So I just checked my CARP membership and it now says CARP member and I am able to print the membership card as well as view the members benefits so it must have been a batch job.

It's a good thing there is nothing in the flyers this week as there is no room in my freezer or pantry after last weeks shop. Here's hoping for a small threshold spend at Metro so I can pick up some veggies there.
Yep, not only is there no room but I can’t afford to save so much money this week. :rolleyes1
I’m buying my GBP and off to my 12 night British Isles Cruise this weekend.:love:
For all of us who think our U.S. exchange rate is bad, be glad it’s not pounds .. this exchange will hurt I tell you!

So I just checked my CARP membership and it now says CARP member and I am able to print the membership card as well as view the members benefits so it must have been a batch job.
ME TOO! I was trying to work up the energy to contact Rexall again and waste more time trying to explain what was/wasn't happening. Thanks to @tinkerone I didn't even need to track down a code!! Love this thread

I am trying to book a hotel stay for this weekend thru the airmiles site. I am paying for it, not using miles. I sign in and then go to book a hotel stay. Then I have to sign in again in the new window, but it doesn't work. This is so annoying, same thing last night. I can go thru and put in all of my payment info and everything and then it says please log in. Ughh wish it work. I don't think I am doing anything wrong. I have used this before to book.

Hi Hon
I am on my way out the door but this is the link I used last time.
Hugs Mel
link deleted

Last edited:
Yep, not only is there no room but I can’t afford to save so much money this week. :rolleyes1
I’m buying my GBP and off to my 12 night British Isles Cruise this weekend.:love:
For all of us who think our U.S. exchange rate is bad, be glad it’s not pounds .. this exchange will hurt I tell you!

Have an awesome cruise and Holiday!
Hugs Mel

A British Isles cruise is on my bucket list....would love to hear all about your cruise you get back from your amazing 12 nights...which cruise line is it on?

Hey, that's too funny. I have been planning a 3 or 4 day trip to SSM for the Agawa Caynon this October as well. My husband has talked about the train for years but we hesitated on bringing the kids. Now that they're both in high school this fall, I'm looking at us going mid-week and leaving the kids with my Dad. They'll be in school during the day and have newspapers to deliver right after school to keep them busy.

I booked the hotel and tickets separately however. Where did you see packages? Is it on their website?

Did you know they used to run a Snow Train??!! I only found out about it a couple of months ago. I came across a review that talked about last year's newly reburished trains; food options; etc. You don't get to leave the train at the canyon however. The article said the Snow Train runs January - March. Imagine how beautiful the scenery would be!! All the snow and frozen waterfalls, rivers, lakes. But when I e-mailed Agaway Caynon train the person wrote back the Snow Train doesn't run anymore. :sad1: So sad. We never knew about the Snow Train before.
Just now getting around to sorting out all the stuff i thought was important enough to bring home and now decided i don't really need it -- you know, pamphlets from every single tourist thing there is to do in the Soo. Would you like me to mail them to you so you can have a look before you head up?

Nothing like a little taste of Fall weather to get us all thinking of Sun destinations. I've always wanted to go to St Lucia,,I just could never afford it.
I think the resorts with good food reviews would be important.
It does look beautiful!!
My choice someday
https://www.sandals.com/saint-lucia/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=CA_Sandals_NonBrand-St+Lucia&utm_term=st. lucia vacation&gclid=Cj0KCQjwz93cBRCrARIsAEFbWsgZWQC9vyZ8z7CmKm6M014nfSQ2lJH8Ht6XaiW0mBjdFWMO938wbKcaAqfYEALw_wcB
Remember Hon half the fun is planning,,Hugs
Mel
@Donald - my hero I have the St. Lucia Sandals on my bucket list.

Lots of great resorts, depends how much you want to spend, some with adults only. Co worker lived there till she was 15 so I can get lots of info for you

We (read that as I since hubby lets me do the work and then nods) have actually been looking very closely at the Sandals resorts.

As to how much we are willing to spend, that's not even been discussed yet it's more that we have several things that need to be checked off the list first and then I'll go from there. I would LOVE some personal input.

• Food is the biggie and what seems to be a stumbling block for most of the islands. I won't be able to handle strictly buffets since most of my food needs to be prepared from scratch to avoid spices (yeah, going to the Caribbean and can't have spices :sad2:)
  • Hubby will need access to reliable wi-fi - paid or otherwise doesn't matter, there's bound to be at least ONE fire to put out (his phone went crazy when we got closer to the Soo and he had service again )
  • We are NOT party animals at all so trying to avoid areas that cater to the big, vibrant activities
  • Hubby's #1 criteria is warmth (he's really easy to please!)
  • The times of year that are best are (in order) entire month of January, early May, October - but not till 2019 (hello, hurricanes?!?) and the 3rd week of December
We're not stuck on St Lucia really, just hubby noticed chocolate -- English as a language would be helpful due to the whole dietary issues -- so if anyone has other suggestions go for it!

BMO mastercard question.
I finally got the card in the mail (not sure why I get no mail for a week and then Boom I get everything all at once).
I went to the bank as it had to be activated there and the gentleman made a mistake and did not activate it( got declined on my first purchase),,so back to bank and a new teller says sorry and activates it.
I made my first purchase at Shell.
So now I have made my first purchase I should get 500 airmiles right?
Now to get the other spend 20.00 or more at 3 partners and get 500 airmiles : I must do three more purchases or does the Shell count as one and I'd only have to do two more?
Thanks
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter