Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Men are such children...

I know, I know, not ALL men. However...during our trip last February, DH was THE ONLY PERSON pouting while at WDW...like, not even the 5, 9 or 15 year olds pouted one time! I had to turn around and say "STOP IT! You're the only one acting up!" LOL When I think back, it makes me giggle but at the time I soooo furious.

Sorry, off topic :)

Thanks @ottawamom for dropping the link in for the Rexall coupon, I was literally just on my way to do that! I tend to open 2 tabs when i need to both the first post and add one at the end and JUST hit the Save Changes on that post and was ready to hit post reply here when the notification popped up that something had posted here!

Has anyone been during November? I was thinking that we would hold off going May 2020 until the 50th anniversary be there for Christmas season 2021.

I was thinking Nov 10-16 at USO and then Nov 16-23 at WDW, after Jersey week and before Thanksgiving crowds.

I wasn't certain if you might be in the city and unable to post the link so I thought I would post it in case someone was waiting for it to do a shop. Now I have a dilemma. Do I do a $60 get 60AM spend on my account for a total of 140AM or just do $25 get 25 on DH card. If I do DH card I will just spend $25 and that's it. Of course I could go to Shell and use a targeted offer of spend $5 get 25AM which is way better return on my investment.

I can always find a few things I need to get to get up to the $60 I just don't know if I want to encourage Rexall handing out such poor bonus offers.

On a side note. I made a reservation at Universal on Dec 31, paid the deposit etc. I hadn't seen the deposit post to my CC yet. I though that was odd even for a transaction from the States. I called today and they could see my reservation etc. The deposit hadn't been processed by their accounting dept. They have done that now. I didn't want my reservation cancelled for not paying the deposit so that's all taken care of now. (I hope)

Update: After I called they must have posted it. It popped up on my CC as a pending transaction within the hour. (lesson learned)

Last edited:
Has anyone been during November? I was thinking that we would hold off going May 2020 until the 50th anniversary be there for Christmas season 2021.

I was thinking Nov 10-16 at USO and then Nov 16-23 at WDW, after Jersey week and before Thanksgiving crowds.

it’s awesome! we went in november maybe 3 years ago, and in december this year (the week before christmas). november was much less busy. weather can vary so much by year,
but in nov we swam lots so it must have been warm. as long as you’re avoiding the big holidays, it’s a great time of year to visit!

I can always find a few things I need to get to get up to the $60 I just don't know if I want to encourage Rexall handing out such poor bonus offers.

my feelings exactly! the bonus offers are just not great lately. but i need something that costs about 30$, so i’m wondering the same thing—do i add another 30$ worth of stuff i’ll use but don’t immediately need? hmm

We were at WDW this past November (24 - 29). We had a blast. It was busy but we took advantage of EMH in the mornings. One thing to keep in mind for this coming November is that Star Wars Galaxy Edge is scheduled to open...rumour is that it is in November (Disneyland's opens in June) so that might impact the crowds, especially at DHS.

We were at WDW this past November (24 - 29). We had a blast. It was busy but we took advantage of EMH in the mornings. One thing to keep in mind for this coming November is that Star Wars Galaxy Edge is scheduled to open...rumour is that it is in November (Disneyland's opens in June) so that might impact the crowds, especially at DHS.

Yes, that is another reason we want to wait until 2021 vs 2020. Hopefully some of the crowds will be a bit more manageable by then.

I wasn't certain if you might be in the city and unable to post the link so I thought I would post it in case someone was waiting for it to do a shop. Now I have a dilemma. Do I do a $60 get 60AM spend on my account for a total of 140AM or just do $25 get 25 on DH card. If I do DH card I will just spend $25 and that's it. Of course I could go to Shell and use a targeted offer of spend $5 get 25AM which is way better return on my investment.

On a side note. I made a reservation at Universal on Dec 31, paid the deposit etc. I hadn't seen the deposit post to my CC yet. I though that was odd even for a transaction from the States. I called today and they could see my reservation etc. The deposit hadn't been processed by their accounting dept. They have done that now. I didn't want my reservation cancelled for not paying the deposit so that's all taken care of now. (I hope)
I'm just doing weekly maintenance treatments right now on Fridays (which i LOVE because as i get older those daily 4:30 alarms just get more harsh!) I asked for Fridays so i can hit up any of the sales that start on the weekend for The Bay AND it means I'm around for Thursday chatter surrounding the start-up of flyers :P

I always have an ongoing list for several things that we can store and when big offers pop up I pounce on them. Until it gets urgent for things, that list just grows in anticipation. Like you, I don't think this week's offer is enough to pull me into Rexall, both of our cards have the 60 for 60 threshold and not much in the flyer or my targeted offers is connected to my list. Since i started using Checkout51 late last year it has altered the shopping a bit more as well - heck, if i can get $4.00 back on my probiotic AND it's on sale with bonus miles I'll be buying it!! I'm pretty sure that most of the sponsors track the sales to see which offers pull more customers in and this is my clear message -- step up to the plate or I'm not shopping :P

I have gone the last 6 Novembers....it used to be the best time to go (around November 11th) as it was very quiet but it has gotten progressively busier each year. I would never go again at this time of year as it was incredibly crowded this year and the parks were crazy - even during extra magic hours (1000's each morning when we used to be able to walk around with just a few people). I'm not sure there is a "quiet" time anymore, but November (early to mid month) is out for me in the future.

I have gone the last 6 Novembers....it used to be the best time to go (around November 11th) as it was very quiet but it has gotten progressively busier each year. I would never go again at this time of year as it was incredibly crowded this year and the parks were crazy - even during extra magic hours (1000's each morning when we used to be able to walk around with just a few people). I'm not sure there is a "quiet" time anymore, but November (early to mid month) is out for me in the future.

huh, interesting! i think you’re right, there doesn’t really seem to be quiet times anymore. i think crowds are being very effectively managed by differential pricing (tickets, hotels, discounts, and so on).

Great ideas ,,
I don't have a treadmill anymore--kind of wish we hadn't gotten rid of it when we renovated.
I was thinking about the Mall,,there is one on the way home that has more corporate business than shops that might work,,,yeah I can be tempted to shop.
Bundling up unfortunately isn't an option with my skin condition,,I'm still wearing 100% cotton capris and t-shirts with cotton hoodies.
The sad thing is my skin really needs the moist cool air.

I just Googled and found out that my local Rec center that was recently renovated now has this:

The newest feature is the 2 lane walking track located directly in the fitness area with a view of Lake. The track is an excellent indoor alternative workout including warm ups or short walks. It is a safe and climate controlled walking environment year round.
I might give them a call and get more information.

I may try this at home,,I googled *Hdrolfe*'s suggestion--Thank-you!
One mile happy walk

Thanks everyone for your help and ideas.
Hugs
Mel
i used Walk Away the Pounds 13-14 years ago, when I was training for the Disney Half Marathon. It was awesome for me.

I didn't think I would like the treadmill either but I was surprised! For the winter months, it's an awesome alternative. No more slipping in the snow or on ice or freezing or stuffing my pockets full of kleenex! Plus I can read again while I walk.
The treadmill was my saving grace the last two years. I watched Netflix while I walked.

With my arthritis, DH and I have been using growyoungfitness.com Perfect for the....mature...person.

I got my Shell+ notice in the mail too. Looks like it's valid for the whole year but the 3 cents off per litre on weekends are the current promo. I guess every time they will mail me so I can opt in?

Plus Sobeys is giving out the cents off per litre at Shell receipts again... woohoo!

No, but I'm also 50 in 2021 so I thought what better way to celebrate than with the mouse that Christmas! I'd like to go beginning of December possibly with everyone. We'll see - lots of things can change before then. Or maybe a ladies only Food and Wine celebration would be better!

I got my Shell+ notice in the mail too. Looks like it's valid for the whole year but the 3 cents off per litre on weekends are the current promo. I guess every time they will mail me so I can opt in?

Plus Sobeys is giving out the cents off per litre at Shell receipts again... woohoo!
Do you know if you can use both offers together? I received the Shell weekend offer as well and I have a 5 cents off coupon from Sobeys and it would be great if I can combine the two. I noticed last weekend the gas price was high and it wasn't worth gassing up, I paid less during the week.

We went to WDW in Nov 2015. It was HOT, like highs in the 30's and lows in the mid 20's. I was hoping it would be cooler but I managed. We have a friend in Tampa who toldus it was some sort of heat wave record for that time of year and it normally cools down by then. Nothing is normal these days in regards to weather.

No, but I'm also 50 in 2021 so I thought what better way to celebrate than with the mouse that Christmas! I'd like to go beginning of December possibly with everyone. We'll see - lots of things can change before then. Or maybe a ladies only Food and Wine celebration would be better!

I am turning the big " 50 " as well in 2021. I already INFORMED the hubby that I will be doing numerous trips that year. My birthday is in the bitter cold of winter...and I already have plans for a warm holiday to have a nice HOT birthday for a change instead of having to shiver and complain about how cold I am. I would also LOVE to do the food festival at Disney with the dd - now that depends on if she is preggers or a new momma by then ( which I know is what they want ) It will be a year of celebrating for me. I want it to be memorable year!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter