Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Anyone who is familiar with the new Beta version of the website. Where do I find the page that tells me how many AM I have collected this year towards my status. I know it must be there somewhere I just can't seem to find it.

That benefit is going to be a massive help. I am pregnant with our first child, and I’m able to work from home but my husband had to stop work right away and is self employed.

Oh Osully Hon wow!!!
Congratulations Hon!!!
A great piece of news to brighten the day!
A New Disney Baby!!!
So happy for you,,
I am so sorry about your hubby's job but brighter days ahead Hon.

Big Hugs
Mel1585491920247.png

Last edited:

Then I came home and placed my very first online order with Loblaws for April 2nd. I was so happy to find out I could add items until the day before my order, only to discover last night Loblaws cut that off. I'm not impressed.

I wonder if this is store specific. I saw previous posts saying the ordering was cut off but I have been able to add to my order until yesterday for my pick up for today.

That benefit is going to be a massive help. I am pregnant with our first child, and I’m able to work from home but my husband had to stop work right away and is self employed.
Congrats on your first Disney baby!
Hope everything will turn out fine for you!! Take care and stay healthy!

Last edited:
while this is completely off topic for this thread I really feel a special connection with everyone here so I'm going to share info regarding the new wage subsidy as soon as we have complete information available. Hubby has his own company and while he only has a few employees at any given time (hires co op students) when he does, wages can be his largest expense. There's still a bunch of unknown about this but don't for one minute think the government is going to be giving us 75% of what we pay his employees! I'll gladly eat these words if I'm proven wrong once the concrete details are online.

sorry if this comes across as rude and harsh but I'm getting tired of seeing the tired drawn face of my poor hubby as he worries about either keeping his students and paying them or letting them go and then still needing to do the work. He's lost all of the training income which is about 65% of the company's revenue. The people he's doing the programming for still want the work done and there aren't enough hours in the day.

Edited to delete some of my rather harsh words, sorry gang!

Last edited:

Sorry about your situation Jacqueline! Stay positive and healthy dear!
Thanks for not blasting me into the middle of next week for my unnecessary rant! I just went back and edited my post to remove a bunch of my harsh words -- maybe you could sorta kinda, delete my comment within yours?

Sorry for dumping on all of you. My anxiety level is off the charts right now and I made the mistake of posting while still groggy eyed and hangry. We'll get thru this just fine, the company actually has enough in the bank to get us thru till mid-july, it has been a banner couple of months up till this point (thank god!!), our mortgage is gone and we have no outstanding debts. We're extremely fortunate and we know it!!

Thanks for not blasting me into the middle of next week for my unnecessary rant! I just went back and edited my post to remove a bunch of my harsh words -- maybe you could sorta kinda, delete my comment within yours?

Sorry for dumping on all of you. My anxiety level is off the charts right now and I made the mistake of posting while still groggy eyed and hangry. We'll get thru this just fine, the company actually has enough in the bank to get us thru till mid-july, it has been a banner couple of months up till this point (thank god!!), our mortgage is gone and we have no outstanding debts. We're extremely fortunate and we know it!!
Just did! No worries!!

Jacqueline...I found this on the CRA website...it appears that there is this service for small businesses...maybe they could assist with your queries...
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-ag..._item PAB COVID19&utm_content=2020-03-27_1213
Thanks, this isn't new to us, business has been active for over 17 years now and hubby is very well versed in what he needs to do and how to go about it. The problem is waiting for the updated information regarding the Wage Subsidy, the information comes from THIS PAGE but the info there is still "old" (odd that something from March 18th is already considered old!) and dealing with the 10%. If anyone is interested in what i was originally ranting about you can take some of your free-time and glance at this :P Might also be interested to know that we will in fact need to treat this "subsidy" as taxable income for the company <sigh>

My treat to myself from Airmiles rewards.
1552 Airmiles
Homedics Air Compression + Shiatsu

1585576174111.png

The HoMedics® Shiatsu Air Max Foot Massager with Heat delivers a deep kneading shiatsu and rolling massage that relaxes overworked feet. With its rhythmic air compression massage, the foot massager gently pushes down on your foot to deliver a deeper, more intense massage and comfort to tired feet. The Shiatsu Air Max Foot Massager with Heat toe-touch control system and convenient cord storage makes using this foot massager easy and convenient for any location. Further enjoy your soothing foot massage with its added heat feature.

Hugs Mel

while this is completely off topic for this thread I really feel a special connection with everyone here so I'm going to share info regarding the new wage subsidy as soon as we have complete information available. Hubby has his own company and while he only has a few employees at any given time (hires co op students) when he does, wages can be his largest expense. There's still a bunch of unknown about this but don't for one minute think the government is going to be giving us 75% of what we pay his employees! I'll gladly eat these words if I'm proven wrong once the concrete details are online.

sorry if this comes across as rude and harsh but I'm getting tired of seeing the tired drawn face of my poor hubby as he worries about either keeping his students and paying them or letting them go and then still needing to do the work. He's lost all of the training income which is about 65% of the company's revenue. The people he's doing the programming for still want the work done and there aren't enough hours in the day.

Edited to delete some of my rather harsh words, sorry gang!
I think this is a place we can all vent. My business is also in a bad spot. I work under a government contract and they can do what they want to me. I was shut down on March 16th via text message from a friend that said....have you heard yet. Then 2 or 3 days later I actually got an email about it. It really doesn't surprise me though, they are very unprofessional on a lot of fronts. I've since heard that they had been discussing shutting me down the week before. Had someone actually taken a minute to say that they might close us down we could have worked all weekend and gotten a little more done. I've got staff that have known since day one that we deal with outbreaks on a regular basis and that they are going to have some time off, without warning and without pay....typically a week or so a couple of times a year. My staff are all subcontractors and as such they work as self employed. So I won't even be thinking about the 75% wage subsidy but even if it was applicable I couldn't possibly pay them anything. When we do finally get working again I will have to pay them out of my own pocket as it will take 5-6 weeks until I have any money in my account. I'm already worrying about the work load when we get back....the work waits and piles up. I have a feeling that it will be the end of April or later. I'm also worried that I will lose my assistant. She's only part time and has another PT job that she makes a lot more money at. I can't function on a normal day without her so I would never be able to get through the back log without help.

Then there's DH's company. We both highly doubt that they will opt to pay anyone....or else it will be the select few. I would not describe them as cheap but not generous either. DH never worries about anything but I'm doing it for him. Fortunately, his end of the business is the end that doesn't slow down a lot when the economy is bad. He was the last one in his department to be laid off and that's because he's the one all the senior managers go to. He can get anything done. So with that in mind we hope he will be the first one back. Right now they are saying that they will reopen on April 6th but I think we all know that's not going to happen. So now the funny.....he was due to have Friday off anyway but had Thurs/Fri off. Yesterday he was bored....um, REALLY! I'm on day 15....you're on day 4.

PM will announce more details at 11:15 at his daily briefing, perhaps more will be made clear? I haven't heard much yet but it's not really my area at work. Small and Medium businesses I mean. At least those who don't qualify for EI will be able to apply for CERB next Monday, anything beyond that I have no idea right now. At least they have finally confirmed I can work from home until May 1st. That makes me feel better. Though I may need to talk to my boss about only working half time so I can focus on kiddo a bit more. He is 10 and able to take care of himself for the most part but this is all so stressful I think maybe he needs a bit more attention, you know? Trying times for sure. Any way! If I hear more about the small/medium business subsidy I will let you guys know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter