Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Got my green on today. Corned beef and coleslaw with potatoes for dinner (not a fan of cooked cabbage) followed my chocolate cake with green icing for dessert. Happy St. Patty's day everyone. We've all got a little Irish in us especially today.

Yup I have my green on today as well. For dinner we are having 2 kinds of corned beef - one in the slow cooker and the other just boiled I think. We are having cooked cabbage and potatoes and green beans for those who don't like cabbage.
We are having green Jello and key lime pie for dessert.
st paddys day.jpg

Last edited:
Thinking of cancelling my Airmiles hotel booking at Universal. If I book direct with the hotel they will email me and I'll be able to do online checking and avoid the long registration lines people have had to endure (based on Trip Advisor reviews)

Do we have to call Airmiles now and cancel? Seems I used to be able to do it myself online.

deleted post
my thoughts on next year travel are all over the place.
I need my morning coffee before I make any decisions.
Then I will call DVC.

Thanks
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

Thinking of cancelling my Airmiles hotel booking at Universal. If I book direct with the hotel they will email me and I'll be able to do online checking and avoid the long registration lines people have had to endure (based on Trip Advisor reviews)

Do we have to call Airmiles now and cancel? Seems I used to be able to do it myself online.
We had no issues with check in at Aventura or Portofino. I didn't do online check in for either.

If the only reason you're wanting to change your reservation is because of reports about lengthy check-in process, try to remember that rarely, if ever, do people post the wonderful experiences they have. Personally, I don't think I would give up a free room even if it means I need to wait 30 minutes to check in!

It's absolutely ridiculous that you have to call to cancel a reservation. They keep you waiting for forever when it used to be so easy online. I made the new reservation $80 less than the one I made through AM (conversion and fees are the difference) now I'm just waiting for a call back from AM. If AM wants some efficiencies with staff demands they could put the cancelling option back online. (then again they probably want to make it hard for us to change our minds)

Jacqueline, the room is still free. It's just coming out of my "saved" AM Cash stash that I have.

Never ever have I dealt with such a infuriating company as ............................ Rogers!
ready to scream into the phone.
Two I don't know what I am doing online people and now a online manager who is oblivious to what he is doing.............. so bad!

Last edited:

Never ever have I dealt with such a infuriating company as ............................ Rogers!
ready to scream into the phone.
Two I don't know what I am doing online people and now a online manager who is oblivious to what he is doing.............. so bad!
I hear you on that one. I find, sometimes, when I call that I am telling the person at the other end what they have to do to fix my "legacy" Rogers cable. They only know the current scripts they have in front of them. Part of me can't wait until they do away with it in this area and then I can move onto something else.

Back in the day I used to have lovely conversations with people in their phone centers from Eastern Canada. They were so helpful at getting me a loyalty discount on my cable TV. Not anymore.

Anyone have experience with cancelling a reservation and the agent saying the AM will be back in your account immediately. Is that code for 2 or 3 days? Or do I need to sit and wait for a call back again. Not sure why I do this to myself. Oh right to save money.

Hola…checking in from sunny Cuba! The resort is really nice, staff excellent and the food very good. This place is a bargain for what I paid. The concierge basically let us do nothing. Last night I asked to point me in the direction of our dinner reservation…he walked us right there. Make a reservation…they hand deliver the ticket. The bartender in our lounge is now chilling sparkling water for me and has it ready when I come in the morning…this started the second time I asked. My only problem is the wifi…I can’t connect to my email and can’t access anything other than Facebook. Today I caved and turned on my service and data but only for today though…I needed to check on work things. That’s now done and since I am paying for the day I’m sipping a tea and surfing the interwebs a little.

If you haven’t cancelled yet…I suggest you check places other than Tripadvisor for info. TA is filled with fake reviews, both good and bad. It’s basically not even a secret that TA is a joke now. The only people you can actually trust are those that have been on there for years and have dozens of contributions.

Two questions...

1. Does anyone remember when the 20x offer said they would post to the account? I think it was sometime after the 20th but can't recall.

2. Has anyone ever done a 20x type of offer on any of the other card-link stores? Some of them have pretty big offers now and would be well worth the outlay. Simons has a spend $90 get 50 ams. That would be a nice multiplier if it works the same way that Dollarama does.

I was just looking at my cancelled hotel reservation on Airmiles. I clicked on View and the following message came up. Contact VAX Tech support... It looks to me like Airmiles now uses a group called VAX VacationAccess to book hotel reservations. I knew they were going through a clearing house for travel agents I just didn't know which one.

Anyone else have recent experience.

We are home! Flight was late (of course) and luggage took forever to get off the plane. I should have done carry on but since bags are included with Porter Reserve I just checked a bag. Porter was good, the meal was ok, nice to have it included even if kiddo did not like it. He was sick most of the trip, so it was not super fun. No fever or anything, just said he didn't feel well and didn't want to do anything. Not sure if that is the reason but I didn't really connect with universal, it wasn't my thing. I did enjoy Hagrid's and the HP rides, we got wands, and the hotel was nice. But there were very few kids meals available, and the food was ok. The wok place in Aventura was very good. Any way. Now I have an AP I will probably never use again lol. Oh well! I used AM to get it so nothing out of pocket. I am a little sad we went all the way to Orlando and I didn't go to Disney! Kiddo never wants to travel again so perhaps I'll go solo for a long weekend at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter