Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Two questions...

1. Does anyone remember when the 20x offer said they would post to the account? I think it was sometime after the 20th but can't recall.

2. Has anyone ever done a 20x type of offer on any of the other card-link stores? Some of them have pretty big offers now and would be well worth the outlay. Simons has a spend $90 get 50 ams. That would be a nice multiplier if it works the same way that Dollarama does.
20x posts March 22

For the new 2 cents off at Shell...my local Shell has 5 cents off when you pay inside with cash or debit, no credit cards. I wonder if this new offer will apply with credit and at the pump?

We are home! Flight was late (of course) and luggage took forever to get off the plane. I should have done carry on but since bags are included with Porter Reserve I just checked a bag. Porter was good, the meal was ok, nice to have it included even if kiddo did not like it. He was sick most of the trip, so it was not super fun. No fever or anything, just said he didn't feel well and didn't want to do anything. Not sure if that is the reason but I didn't really connect with universal, it wasn't my thing. I did enjoy Hagrid's and the HP rides, we got wands, and the hotel was nice. But there were very few kids meals available, and the food was ok. The wok place in Aventura was very good. Any way. Now I have an AP I will probably never use again lol. Oh well! I used AM to get it so nothing out of pocket. I am a little sad we went all the way to Orlando and I didn't go to Disney! Kiddo never wants to travel again so perhaps I'll go solo for a long weekend at some point.
I've gone solo before and love every second of it. I enjoy being 'alone' while people watching. One of my favorite activities.

I was just looking at my cancelled hotel reservation on Airmiles. I clicked on View and the following message came up. Contact VAX Tech support... It looks to me like Airmiles now uses a group called VAX VacationAccess to book hotel reservations. I knew they were going through a clearing house for travel agents I just didn't know which one.

Anyone else have recent experience.
No experience yet but
I am always anxious when Airmiles messes around with accommodations (Hotel) bookings. I liked being able to cancel within a certain time limit and having my Airmiles go back into my account immediately so I could rebook .
I am not sure what a clearing house for travel agents means?
Was RegTag a clearing house?
Is Expedia a clearing house.?
I know dealing with Expedia on Scene+ is good.

Hugs Mel

Yes those are all clearing houses. I just meant your travel agent (Airmiles) isn't doing the booking with the end supplier themselves. They have farmed it out to another organization who is able to get better deals because of the volume they deal with.

I've got another call into Airmiles (waiting for a callback) to see what exactly they mean by "immediately" because they airmiles still aren't in my account. Unfortunately Chat can't help I have to speak with the travel group. I just don't want to wait for a week and still have them not be in my account and have to make a call at that point. (I'm a little bit of a control freak)

I will post what they say as it would be useful to know what "immediately" means for future reference.

Follow up. Immediately does mean immediately. I called and spoke with another agent who informed me I should have seen them right away in my account. It took her quite a while and a lot of typing to figure out what was going on. In the end they are now safely back in my account.

So if you cancel a refundable hotel reservation the airmiles should post back to your account "immediately"(literal meaning).

1710875735435.png

Terms & Conditions​

* Offer valid March 22, 2024 at participating Shell locations (excluding Shell Flying J locations). To qualify, eligible collectors must click the “Opt in now” button in the offer invitation from 00:00:01 a.m. ET on March 19, 2024 to 23:59:59 p.m. ET on March 22, 2024. Get 95 AIR MILES Bonus Miles when you fill with 30 L or more of any grade Shell fuel during the promotion period. Maximum 95 Bonus Miles per collector number for this offer. All eligible Miles must be earned before 23:59:59 p.m. ET on March 22, 2024, and subsequently posted to your collector account. Offer may be combined with other AIR MILES offers. A valid AIR MILES card must be presented/collector number entered at time of transaction. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to two (2) weeks post-promotion for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. and Shell Canada Products. The Shell logo is a trademark of Shell Brands International AG. Used under license.
Hugs Mel

View attachment 843253

Terms & Conditions​

* Offer valid March 22, 2024 at participating Shell locations (excluding Shell Flying J locations). To qualify, eligible collectors must click the “Opt in now” button in the offer invitation from 00:00:01 a.m. ET on March 19, 2024 to 23:59:59 p.m. ET on March 22, 2024. Get 95 AIR MILES Bonus Miles when you fill with 30 L or more of any grade Shell fuel during the promotion period. Maximum 95 Bonus Miles per collector number for this offer. All eligible Miles must be earned before 23:59:59 p.m. ET on March 22, 2024, and subsequently posted to your collector account. Offer may be combined with other AIR MILES offers. A valid AIR MILES card must be presented/collector number entered at time of transaction. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to two (2) weeks post-promotion for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. and Shell Canada Products. The Shell logo is a trademark of Shell Brands International AG. Used under license.
Hugs Mel
Not on my Shell or air miles app yet.

View attachment 843253

Terms & Conditions​

Hugs Mel
I wish I got this offer but I don't have it on either the Airmiles app or the Shell app.

I found it online under All Offers.
I haven't used Shell in a month so maybe they are targeting me,

Hugs Mel
Must be targeting you because I have already put in gas 4 times at Shell this month and I need 2 more to reach my goal.
I sometimes think they keep moving the yardstick farther and farther away. What will they target me next month, 7 or 8 fills? Then I guess I will move to one of the other cards and give mine a rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter