Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

I want to get to the car rental place as fast as possible so I can try to get to Disneyland as fast as possible. Would it be faster to get a car rental shuttle to the car rental place or would it be faster to get a shuttle to the rideshare pickup and get an Uber to the car rental place? We will be using Alamo, our airline is Southwest, and our flight arrives at 6:50 AM. How frequent is each shuttle (car rental and shuttle to ride share)?

This may be a weird question but last time I flew into LAX it seemed like the shuttles weren’t all that frequent and since Southwest is in terminal 1 and it stopped at all the terminals, it took forever to get to the car rental.

I want to get to the car rental place as fast as possible so I can try to get to Disneyland as fast as possible. Would it be faster to get a car rental shuttle to the car rental place or would it be faster to get a shuttle to the rideshare pickup and get an Uber to the car rental place? We will be using Alamo, our airline is Southwest, and our flight arrives at 6:50 AM. How frequent is each shuttle (car rental and shuttle to ride share)?

This may be a weird question but last time I flew into LAX it seemed like the shuttles weren’t all that frequent and since Southwest is in terminal 1 and it stopped at all the terminals, it took forever to get to the car rental.

Today is the first day so no one really knows what's going on yet, but I can't imagine it will be faster to take two vehicles than 1. Of course if you're SW then you can walk to the ride share pickup area in about 3 minutes. However as this thread mentions it is taking a long time for people to get their ride share. But again, today was day 1 so no one really knows anything.

I wouldn’t. It’s going to take a long time to get to DLR via car rental, accept it and be happy if you’re there sooner than you expect.

Today is the first day so no one really knows what's going on yet, but I can't imagine it will be faster to take two vehicles than 1. Of course if you're SW then you can walk to the ride share pickup area in about 3 minutes. However as this thread mentions it is taking a long time for people to get their ride share. But again, today was day 1 so no one really knows anything.

Southwest arrivals can for sure walk? That saves some aggravation for us, at least.

This is why I went with lanskys!

**** UPDATE. I checked their Facebook page and they posted the new procedures don't affect them. Pickup as usual ****

I'm a little confused. Can anyone clarify how will the new procedures affect Lansky's at LAX? We are using them this Sunday. Will they still meet clients at baggage claim or are they classified as a rideshare and thus require us to take the shuttle to the pickup area?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Everything there is pretty good, and the prices are much more normal fast food (well, higher end like maybe Panera). You can get a lot to eat. If I have a group we might get a couple of different ones and trade halves - but nothing really stacks up to the Holiday Turkey! The Hawaiian Barbecue is probably my other favorite.
**** UPDATE. I checked their Facebook page and they posted the new procedures don't affect them. Pickup as usual ****

I'm a little confused. Can anyone clarify how will the new procedures affect Lansky's at LAX? We are using them this Sunday. Will they still meet clients at baggage claim or are they classified as a rideshare and thus require us to take the shuttle to the pickup area?

Thanks in advance!

I know there is an exception for sedan / limo type services to include parking in the garage and meeting guest at baggage claim - so if lanksy’s says the new procedure doesn’t affect them, i would think whatever their procedure is would remain. (I’m not familiar with their service- if they meet you at baggage claim or not, but would expect their normal routine if thats what their site indicates).

I tried to get an Uber or Lyft on our last trip down when we landed at SNA and the wait was 30 min and the estimated pricing was $70. Walked myself down to the cab section and for $40 I had an immediate cab (literally ZERO line for cabs). So make sure you do your homework before just waiting for an Uber/Lyft. SNA has a sign on the information desk that tells you approximate cab fares to local places (DL included).
What day/time was this? Looking at ride.guru an Uber and Lyft came in at under $25 for the basic car.

What day/time was this? Looking at ride.guru an Uber and Lyft came in at under $25 for the basic car.
8:15am on a Tuesday morning. There are a LOT of flights that come in at that time, and most are business people heading to work meetings and some disneyland families. It will tell you what the surge price is estimated as when you pull up the app.

Since you have to walk to the pickup spot for Uber/Lyft if you get a high price quoted just stop off at the taxi stand (its on the way towards there too)

And idea what Friday afternoons around 2:30 are like? :) This will be my first time flying into SNA.

SNA rarely gets "busy" the way other airports do (there's a lot of open space/lower volume).

HOWEVER, by the time you hit the road it will be closer to 3:30pm (after luggage/rental car) and the freeways to Disneyland are pretty jammed up (SR-55->I-5). If you're aggressive enough, get into the far left carpool/HOV lane as early as you can and stay there... there is a separate merger onto 5N from there (left exit) and a left handed exit to Disney Way.

Hi DISers!

Hubby surprised me with a quick trip next weekend for the holidays next Saturday & I'm trying to decide which airport to fly into? SNA from Phoenix would mean we land at 9:25am but the flight is $60 more expensive OR fly into LAX & take a shuttle or get a rental car (which we need anyway to visit family & a client later that weekend) on a flight arriving at 8:15am then drive to Disneyland directly?

Check waze or google maps before leaving, but it should be 35-45 minutes then. Traffic doesn’t pick up until late morning or afternoon

Check waze or google maps before leaving, but it should be 35-45 minutes then. Traffic doesn’t pick up until late morning or afternoon
Thank you! I'm going to check out those apps tomorrow morning around a similar time to see if I can get an idea of what traffic is like!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter