• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

I am looking for advice on taking a taxi from SNA to our Good Neighbor hotel at Park Place Inn. What should I expect the cost to be and are there any pitfalls to be aware of?

I’d just take Lyft-you can google and get a fare estimate (I think it’s ride guru that’ll give you estimates for Uber, Lyft, and cab).

Yes, Lyft or Uber will be fine. We're flying in from Long Beach end of the month... will be close to 25-35 dollars for a family of 4.

If you decide on a taxi here is information from a couple of websites
SNA Taxi info

LGB Taxi info

We always take a taxi from SNA because nothing is faster, including Lyft or Uber. This is becasue the cabs are lined up and waiting for you . Cost is always between $34 and $44 regardless of baggage, number of people or size of cab (including vans). We have found the cost to be the same as Uber or within a few dollars. The cabs at the airport are always clean and drivers are professional.
The only down side I can think of is they wont have child seats.

I am concerned that Uber and Lyft will be too expensive, I'm assuming they will increase their prices since its Thanksgiving.
I don't think it works like that. Uber/Lyft pricing is determined by supply and demand. They have their "normal" rates which will be standard no matter the day or time, and they have their surge rates which are higher fares when the demand for vehicles is higher than available vehicles. Surge pricing is temporary and will end when more drivers become available, which is usually quickly because if drivers see surge is in effect, many of them want to jump in and take advantage while they can. Its possible surge may be in effect if people aren't opting to drive over Thanksgiving, but there's no way to know that. Personally, I think there will be ample drivers available over Thanksgiving because its such a busy travel time. IMO, Uber/Lyft will be the most budget friendly option.

We always take a taxi from SNA because nothing is faster, including Lyft or Uber. This is becasue the cabs are lined up and waiting for you . Cost is always between $34 and $44 regardless of baggage, number of people or size of cab (including vans). We have found the cost to be the same as Uber or within a few dollars. The cabs at the airport are always clean and drivers are professional.
The only down side I can think of is they wont have child seats.
What cab company do you use? California Yellow Cab advertises a flat $29 from SNA, which is what I’m hoping for.

I don't think it works like that. Uber/Lyft pricing is determined by supply and demand. They have their "normal" rates which will be standard no matter the day or time, and they have their surge rates which are higher fares when the demand for vehicles is higher than available vehicles. Surge pricing is temporary and will end when more drivers become available, which is usually quickly because if drivers see surge is in effect, many of them want to jump in and take advantage while they can. Its possible surge may be in effect if people aren't opting to drive over Thanksgiving, but there's no way to know that. Personally, I think there will be ample drivers available over Thanksgiving because its such a busy travel time. IMO, Uber/Lyft will be the most budget friendly option.

Thank you for this! I've decided to use either Uber or Lyft. I will price check them when we land. I was so undecided, I usually have everything booked or planned before a trip and for some dumb reason the transportation portion of this trip really stumped me. So many times I had a reservation all typed in and couldn't hit the final submit button. I feel relieved with a decision made :) Now off to pack for some rain!

What cab company do you use? California Yellow Cab advertises a flat $29 from SNA, which is what I’m hoping for.
Sorry, I haven't really paid attention but they're lined up outside the baggage claim at SNA.
It could be they've developed a flat rate since we've been to the resort.

Hi so my mom and I just got back from our trip to Disneyland, we had a really awesome time and no one got sick this time. I intend to write more about the trip later. We booked the Disneyland express bus because my mom can stay in the wheelchair. We used this service also last may. Both times last may, the ramp had to be pumped manually by the driver. Feel sorry for the driver. when we arrived at john wayne, the driver informed us that the lift was broken again and so he had to pump it up again, he was really nice about it. But on the way home I had called ahead to catch the 420 bus from the grand California. When the bus arrived we were informed that the handicapped doors were broken and wouldn't even open. They called a mechanic to come to fix it. They are out there trying to pry open the doors. It took so long that the 520 bus came and they said we could take that one. Once again the lift doesn't work, as they are pumping up my mom to the top the ramp is totally bent in half, so she cant get off. They tried to bring her down, and it get s stuck 10feet off the ground/ She is up there for close to 45 minutes as they try to figure out what to do. My mom has asthma and she is breathing in the fumes from the engines this entire time. she starts to have a asthma attack/ they keep working on it and than the ramp slams to the ground. The driver and mechanic don't even apologize to me or my mom and take off. The hotel people were so great all through this apologizing profusely even though it has nothing to do with them. They than sent a third bus to get us which my mom didn't want to get on, we would have missed our flight but our flight was delayed and hour. I called to complain the nxt day and all they did was refund my money. and tell me how many buses they have to maintain. it took 6 buses to get one that worked. Passenger safety should be first especially for the handicapped and a public bus company, I did file a ada complaint with the justice dept,

Bingo. One bus having an issue is one thing, but several is unacceptable! Disney can do better.
I agree, this is a very serious issue that could have been detrimental for a handicap person and it's very traumatizing. Getting slammed to the ground that second time could have injured the OP's mom's back the equivalent of getting hit by someone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter