Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

Super Shuttle couldn’t give the quick, personal service of Uber without a major overhaul. I remember using SS back in the day and having to add so much time to a trip as the driver picked up or dropped off other travelers- and the cost was not inexpensive.

We do have a service that we use when we have a lot of people or luggage and/or want to plan our trip ahead. We know the driver is reliable, safe, and costs the same price no matter how many people- so for certain times, we’ll go that route. We don’t have to share a ride with others being key.

I liked SuperShuttle. We always did the private vans and I thought they were reasonably priced and reliable. Uber skeeves me out and while Lyft seems less... yucky... as a corporation, I still find the concept of hiring stranger from the internet to hop in a car with weird.

Ces’t la vie. Looks like I’m going to be dragged into this century after all!

I’m not going to miss SuperShuttle. Overpriced, slow and usually late.

Used Lyft from SNA for the first time last trip and wondering why it took me so long to do that since I use Lyft plenty.

I have had noting but horrid experiences with using SS.

Good riddance.

Uber skeeves me out and while Lyft seems less... yucky... as a corporation, I still find the concept of hiring stranger from the internet to hop in a car with weird.

FYI, while UIberX, and XL are random Joe Schmoe drivers, Uber Black and SUV while they cost more, they are professional drivers and professional carries that service those.

I can say I have had far more sketchy taxi drivers than I have had Uber drivers. The user review based system does a good gob of weeding out the people that should not be driving so unlike a taxi there is actual accountability with ride share services.

Most drivers drive for both Uber and Lyft simultaneously so you are getting he same exact driver pool.

I have had noting but horrid experiences with using SS.

Good riddance.

FYI, while UIberX, and XL are random Joe Schmoe drivers, Uber Black and SUV while they cost more, they are professional drivers and professional carries that service those.

I can say I have had far more sketchy taxi drivers than I have had Uber drivers. The user review based system does a good gob of weeding out the people that should not be driving so unlike a taxi there is actual accountability with ride share services.

Most drivers drive for both Uber and Lyft simultaneously so you are getting he same exact driver pool.
I'll check out Uber Black and SUV, thanks. My comment on Lyft being less "yucky" than Uber was more about corporate responsibility. Granted, I haven't done proper research so I might be misinformed, but Uber doesn't hasn't gotten great press for its background check policies nor the way it treats its personnel.

Uber doesn't hasn't gotten great press for its background check policies nor the way it treats its personnel.

While no corporation is perfect, I can tell you after working with someone of the ride share advocacy groups there are intentional media smear campaigns and bias on both sides between taxi driers, unions, and Uber so take what you read with a grain of salt and perspective unless you do more due diligence on the issues at hand. There is little "journalism" left today that is not fraught with bias.

I've always used Super Shuttle and haven't had too much difficulties with them.

I guess I will look into Prime Time Shuttle or Uber Black

I never had a bad experience with Super Shuttle and I used them round trip from SNA, LGB and MCO. I will miss them! Now I have to find a new option from LGB ...

Super Shuttle's "sister" company ExecuCar premium sedan service is going out of business as well. I'll miss them.

Ugh, this sucks. We always use Supershuttle- I’m not a fan of Uber/Lyft when I’m traveling alone (as the only adult anyways) and actually prefer shared riding with other folks going to Disney too.

Guess there’s always the big Disney bus....

While no corporation is perfect, I can tell you after working with someone of the ride share advocacy groups there are intentional media smear campaigns and bias on both sides between taxi driers, unions, and Uber so take what you read with a grain of salt and perspective unless you do more due diligence on the issues at hand. There is little "journalism" left today that is not fraught with bias.
While I agree that there is a lot of bias in the news, many of the rideshare drivers that drive for both Uber and Lyft say they are treated better and paid better through Lyft. As a result, I use Lyft exclusively, because I'd like to support the drivers, as it's really not easy doing rideshare.

I just wish they did shared rides to Anaheim as it does add to the safety factor mentioned by @TikiTikiFan . I use the shared rides most of the time in SF and the algorithms the rideshare companies use really keep the time it takes to pick up and drop off additional riders to a minimum.

Pick one. Super Shuttle failed to adapt, just like Sears, Toy R Us and countless other businesses.
adaptordie.jpg

It once took us an hour and a half to two hours to get home with them here in Denver. Because they took one look at our address and decided we must live all the way in the mountains. So what should have taken us 30-40 minutes took double because they put us as last drop off thanks to the address. After that we didn’t use them again anywhere.

Still feel bad for the people who’ve been routinely using them though. It just doesn’t impact me.

I also attempted to take a cab from the waiting area at SNA this past Tues, 12/10. I talked to the drivers who stated it was a $40 flat rate to Disneyland. When I went to the cab stand to show them their website, the person operating it also said he never saw that before. He was going to call a manager, but I honestly didn't have the patience to wait. Before attempting to take a taxi, the Uber/Lyft was surging at $42 to Disneyland. 10 minutes later, it dropped to $27, so I just left and went back upstairs to the Uber/Lyft pickup area.

It sounds like Super Shuttle is ceasing operations. The last day will be Dec 31, 2019.

Source: https://ktla.com/2019/12/12/supershuttle-says-it-will-end-service-to-lax-on-dec-31/
I just saw this posted and thought it might impact some travelers. SuperShuttle is going to close down 12/31/19 https://ktla.com/2019/12/12/supersh...yR6FUnlA2P0YHIRtsQN7XGW1uIUOMOJTh-qRj5D62kf1Y

OMG, just waking up and seeing this :( Supershuttle have been my go to since 2014. Never had any issues and I loved being able to pre pay online and know exactly how much the fare would be. Also as a solo female I feel safer in ride share shuttles with other people than in Uber or Lyft.

Right then I guess its time to checkout Karmel Shuttle. Hopefully they wont close before my June trip.

As concerning LAX, I thought someone mentioned that Uber XL is allowed to pick you up curbside? Is that correct?
I was going to use Execucar for our March trip. Even got a quote last week. Now moving on to other options? We are 2 kids, 2 adults with 2 suitcases and 2 carryons.

Right then I guess its time to checkout Karmel Shuttle. Hopefully they wont close before my June trip.

We’re using them for our trip this week because I got a deal through Get Away Today that was better than SS rates. I can let you know how it goes.

We’ve also used Lansky in the past and while much more expensive, it gave me more peace of mind when traveling solo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter