• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

I just called super shuttle and apparantly they are not going out of business and in the process of being sold, they think john wayne will not be affected. but they will know for sure in jan

They are actually Coach USA which is discontinuing bus service between airports and a number of locations in different states and going to charter only. The information above is correct that the DRE is not running after January 7, 2020. Disney is looking into alternatives but we were told it could be Spring before they have a replacement in place. Bummer for those with little ones who do not want to bring car seats.
So Disney tries to find some kind of a replacement for DRE?
that would be good news...If they find something that is and you don’t need to stay at a Disney property...

Super Shuttle is apparently going out of business soon. Any recommendations for an alternate shuttle service? I could just Lyft or Uber but while I feel comfortable at home using these services, I’m a little intimidated doing so far away from home.

I’m flying into LGB and will get in at 7:49 pm California time.

if Lyft and Uber is safe then I feel okay using that...

Has anyone used Anaheim town car service before ? Are they reliable and trust worthy. I feel it would be quicker for us to do town car over the Disney Land Shuttle buses. Tell me your thoughts and experiences

We are there December 29- January 4 and want to book DRE from Lax return for 5 but can’t do it. Will we be able to with them company? Any chance they might stop running before January 7 and we are out of pocket? Thiughts? I don’t like Lyft or Uber. Taxi is too expensive and all the other options have bad reviews!

We are there December 29- January 4 and want to book DRE from Lax return for 5 but can’t do it. Will we be able to with them company? Any chance they might stop running before January 7 and we are out of pocket? Thiughts? I don’t like Lyft or Uber. Taxi is too expensive and all the other options have bad reviews!
We really like Lansky and have used them 3x now and always have a great expirence. Meet you at baggage claim, car seats available and they will stop at a store for you.

I have har far sketchier shuttle and taxi driers that I have ever had Uber or Lyft drivers.

Driver incidents that get blown up in the media are like shark attacks...yes, they happen but they are so rare per the numbers of trip (or swimmers in the oceans) you would think it is a daily occurrence and in reality it is just as safe as any other mode of transportation. There is never a zero risk even driving yourself, there are just different risk factors with each option.

It is safe.

Taxi is also easy peasy from LGB and SNA and not that much more...just much costlier from LAX

I travel as a solo, 40-something petite woman, and use Lyft from LGB without issue. I always screen shot the driver info and text to hubs so if anything should happen, he has that info. The only "yikes" I've had was someone that drove above the speed limit and changed lanes a lot.

Lyft and Uber are supposed to pick up on the outer island/road/lane thingy (that is, the arrival pick-up lane), but it's been maybe 50-50 on inner or outer road. It usually takes them 6-8 minutes to get there for my ride.

I have had worse luck with the taxis there... I had one awesome driver out of 6 trips before trying Lyft there.

I’ve taken Lyft and Uber from LGB. Never had a problem other than a couple drivers taking the long way and and not wanting to deviate from what car navigation told them. Cost is $20-30

I use Uber to Disney all the time as a solo female. I just set up the thing that lets me send my ride info to someone else so they can follow my trip.

I travel as a solo, 40-something petite woman, and use Lyft from LGB without issue. I always screen shot the driver info and text to hubs so if anything should happen, he has that info. The only "yikes" I've had was someone that drove above the speed limit and changed lanes a lot.

Lyft and Uber are supposed to pick up on the outer island/road/lane thingy (that is, the arrival pick-up lane), but it's been maybe 50-50 on inner or outer road. It usually takes them 6-8 minutes to get there for my ride.

I have had worse luck with the taxis there... I had one awesome driver out of 6 trips before trying Lyft there.

Isn't there a new "pick up terminal" near Terminal 1 now? I thought Uber and Lyft can't pick up directly at the curb anymore.

I've used Uber several times as a solo traveler from SNA with no issues. It is 1/2 the cost of a taxi.

Hello all,

We are going to Disneyland in March and flying out of LAX at the end. We were planning to use Disneyland Resort Express so that we didn’t need a car seat but saw that they are ending service. Can anybody suggest any other options for a one way service that is available that will either provide car seats or for which car seats are not legally required (which as I understand it is only full size buses in CA)?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter