Airport to dinner reservation time?

Raya

DIS Veteran
Our flight arrives at MCO 4:20, we'll have to pick up a checked bag. Is it crazy to make a 6:10 resort restaurant dinner reservation? We'd go directly from the airport to dinner by Uber. My only other choice is 8:20, which feels super late. Will we have any wiggle room if we run late?

Our flight arrives at MCO 4:20, we'll have to pick up a checked bag. Is it crazy to make a 6:10 resort restaurant dinner reservation? We'd go directly from the airport to dinner by Uber. My only other choice is 8:20, which feels super late. Will we have any wiggle room if we run late?
I definitely think it's too close. The plane may land at 4:20 but it takes easily another 30 - 45 min to deplane, get luggage and get transportation. Pair that with travel time, traffic, dropping off bags at resort and you won't make it.

I agree - too many things could go wrong. I’d take the 8:20, if I felt I had to book an ADR before arrival, but for a late-afternoon arrival I’d also consider waiting until we were in the rideshare vehicle and then search for availability.

Whether you’d have flexibility or not might also depend on which resort, which restaurant. For instance, you probably would not have much leeway for ‘Ohana at the Poly, but maybe you could be a few minutes late for a less-popular restaurant.

my worry would be what if plane is late in arriving. you would be past the cancel without charge time. I would be more like what is available as you are heading to the resort after clearing the airport. too many things can go wrong

One option is to ship your luggage in advance to your hotel instead of checking a bag, using one of the many available services. Then you can walk off the plane directly into your Uber. If your flight is delayed you should be able to get the no-show dining fee waived.

Yes. If your flight is delayed you are screwed. You can even be delayed while in flight if weather were to turn, so you may not know at take off. You can have some wiggle room, depending on the location but not enough to work with here. Go with the 8:20.

Have you seen how things have gone with flights & the weather the last year?? You can’t count on anything anymore. I plan on delays & am just pleasantly surprised if they go on time.

Also know ground crews get pulled in if there’s lightning in the area. Our flight from Orlando was all set to leave, door was closed & about to push back. The ground crew who directs the plane got pulled for lightning & we had to just sit there for over 20 minutes. Same thing can happen when you land, or with getting bags off the plane.

I wouldn’t make any reservations within 3.5 - 4 hours of scheduled landing.

I rarely make ADR's for our arrival day, preferring to just wing it once we actually get there. If we have a super early flight that would get us there in the AM I might, but nothing even remotely as close as what you're considering. One little hiccup could cause you to miss your reservation and be charged a no-show fee.

Go for the later reservation. Too many things have to happen perfectly for you to make the early one, and that rarely happens. Take the later time with a little wiggle room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter