Airtours/Mytravel

Margaret,

We go out on a Sunday!! If it is the same plane, it will have done some mileage by the time we get on!! Or has Glasgow now been granted 2 Florida flights :p

Brian

well my sister flew out from glasgow yesterday and guess what ? it was not the airbus as i was hoping so i guess i will have to settle with the b767 as thought . she did call last night and said the flight was fine and food was not too bad either and that it was quite a quick flight so anyhoo only 11 days to go and getting soooo exited i can hardly contain myself lol :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc margaret.

I'm tempted to go to the airport next Sunday to see what flight actually leaves with Airtours!
I only stay 5 miles from the airport, so it would be no problem time wise - only problem would be seeing it go Sanford bound without me :p

Hi,

I have flown with Airtours/MyTravel from Belfast many times to Sanford, Orlando. IMHO the flight is basic with no frills - nothing is complimentary. Also the prices are just as expensive as with anyone else and also because we fly from Belfast it is always more expensive - 2003 is about £1000 more than this year for my family. Airtours seem to have the monopoly on Belfast so they think they can charge whatever they want.

As for the upgraded seats. We have seen them several times and I do not think they are worth the extra for our family (£600 in total). There is some extra leg room but not an awful lot. The only other extras are the complimentary drinks. We upgraded with them a few years ago for £89 each but the plane was a larger one whereby you could lie flat out - not as now. If this was the case I would upgrade but there are a lot of things to spend £600 on in Orlando.

Last year we flew with Delta from Dublin and they were excellent with more leg room and everything complimentary and also their air hostesses were IMHO a lot friendlier.

One thing we always notice with Airtours is they never have any change when you order drinks or duty free. This is very annoying and I wonder if anyone else has also noticed this. It seems to happen all the time.

Since I prefer a direct flight I put up with it however next year seems unlikely due to the prices.

Upgrade if you really need the extra leg room but I do not think it is worth £600 for a family of 4.

Carrickdisfan,

I thought we were stuck with 'rip off' prices in Glasgow - seems you've got it worse in Belfast :(

As you say, if you want a direct flight, we're stuck with charters in the 'Northern regions' - and the higher costs, [and lesser legroom], that entails.

And I agree with you on the upgrades - 7 of us would have given them in excess of £1000 for decent legroom - money we would rather spend in Orlando.

We went via Gatwick last year - the extra 6 hours that added to our return leg was 6 hours less sleep at home before work next day :eek:

If only Glasgow was extended to take Jumbos :jester:

Brian

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter