• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

AirTran Sale Buffalo

Yzma and Kronk

<font color=darkcoral>I survived the Pie-fest<br><
To all my fellow Canadian friends:
We get email notification of AirTran sales - and they just announced another which covers October.
I had a quick look at random dates in October and they are as low as $134US return Buffalo to Orlando.
Just check out their website www.airtran.com
They post different prices on different flights, but depending on your dates/times you can find really cheap flights.
The only thing, you'll have to connect through my adopted city - Atlanta - but the connections aren't to bad with AirTran in ATL.

Hello my Atlanta friend! I looked at our dates in November, and sadly the sale does not appear to apply to that time yet. $134 return would be enough to probably get me to do the stopover! The rate right now for Nov 14-22 is $230 each...I'll wait to see what Southwest brings out. Do you have any opinion on Air Tran vs Southwest? I'd really like the direct flight, but money talks! Thanks for the heads up. Jo

Hey Jo-Anne - hope all is well in TO!
The AirTran sale is only for departures through to November 2nd. However, they always continue the sale so I'll keep an eye out for you when they release beyond that.
DH has only travelled AirTran. Haven't tried SW. He really likes AirTran - uses them a lot to Florida and back home to Buffalo.
They fly new 717 aircraft. No frills, but good service.
I'll keep you posted! Cheers!

We're flying Air Tran out of Flint, MI in August. We've never used them before (although we have flown Spirit from DTW) but I'll be sure to post a report on the service when we return.

- Mike

HI Yzma and/or Kronk! I just checked AirTran again and looks like they've got the sale on for my time now! Nov 14-22, I can get from Buffalo to Orlando via Atlanta for $652.00 USD for 4 of us...around $900 Cdn for four people!!!! Also checked Buffalo to Tampa and the return flight times are better and it's $608 USD for all of us. Just wondering if you have any experience on how long these AirTran sales last? Apparently Southwest will probably have their Nov times out around 6/23. I'd really like to see what they offer, but don't want to miss out on a deal! Thanks, Jo

Hey Jo-Anne!
Sorry didn't get a chance to reply until today.
The AirTran sale ended yesterday (they said it was for departures up to Nov 5th), but I wouldn't worry they seem to have random sales all the time, plus they usually run sales concurrently. There is usually about 1-2 weeks between.
I would wait and check Southwest (since it's a non-stop flight I think) and Airtran will probably have another sale to include your dates by then.
I'll let you know when I get a notice, or see it in the paper here.
PS - we'll be up in Toronto in July - from what I hear could you please turn up the heat for us?? Thanks! :D :D :D

I'll do my best to turn up the heat, turn off the SARS and swat away all the mosquito's....it seems like Canada's getting a bad rap this summer....but you keep those Monkey pox in the US, ok!! Thanks for keeping us posted on the AirTran sales!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter