AK and Epcot Moonlight Magic

mirnmart

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this has already been answered but I am thoroughly confused about when and how to register. I’ve never done a member event before. I have a resort reservation booked using points from Feb 25-March 1. Hoping to try to book AK or Epcot for our group of 4. Can someone explain it to me in very simple terms…when should I get an email with a link? What time do I need to be online to try and get in? And why do these things have to be so complicated 😂

You should get an email a day or two in advance letting you know the booking details, including the link you will use. For Animal Kingdom, booking opens February 1, and for Epcot, booking opens February 15.

Bookings have been starting at 11 am Eastern time. Sometime before 11 am ET, you should click on the link. You will see a countdown clock. You don't need to do anything other than keep that window open. When booking begins, you should see a queue number (randomly generated among everyone logged in by 11 am ET). When your number is reached, you will be able to enter your DVC member number and sign up for Moonight Magic along with everyone on your reservation.

You can use the link to open windows on multiple devices before booking begins, then close other windows after you get in on one device. You should not, however, refresh your window -- that will generate a new, later queue number.

If you are unable to book because your queue number isn't reached before bookings close on "Early Registration" day, you can try again in the "General" registration the following week.

This was actually far less complicated than I expected. For the Animal Kingdom Moonlight Magic in December, I was fully booked by 11:10 am.

Note that they changed the rules about who is eligible for the early booking of MM tickets - this caused a bit of an outcry for the EP early reservation. I don't recall, but I think you have to be blue card *and* staying on your points? (where before you didn't have to be on your own points). Some people who tried to use the link had problems when trying to check out.

The AK early registration is on 2/1.

Note that they changed the rules about who is eligible for the early booking of MM tickets - this caused a bit of an outcry for the EP early reservation. I don't recall, but I think you have to be blue card *and* staying on your points? (where before you didn't have to be on your own points). Some people who tried to use the link had problems when trying to check out.

You have to be “using your membership” that night. So a DVC or Disney hotel booked using DVC points, or a cash reservation booked through MS. You do have to be DVC-Y but can use non-DVC-Y points to book that night.

Clarification: you can check out of the relevant reservation the morning of MM and still go.

You should get an email a day or two in advance letting you know the booking details, including the link you will use. For Animal Kingdom, booking opens February 1, and for Epcot, booking opens February 15.
I believe the link will also be on the Moonlight Magic page the day of registration as well

You have to be “using your membership” that night. So a DVC or Disney hotel booked using DVC points, or a cash reservation booked through MS. You do have to be DVC-Y but can use non-DVC-Y points to book that night.

Clarification: you can check out of the relevant reservation the morning of MM and still go.

Here is a link to the discussion.

A couple of times in the past for these type member events we did not get the e-mail before registration opened with the link. If we don't receive the e-mail, where do we go to register ?? Thanks !

Bookings have been starting at 11 am Eastern time. Sometime before 11 am ET, you should click on the link. You will see a countdown clock. You don't need to do anything other than keep that window open. When booking begins, you should see a queue number (randomly generated among everyone logged in by 11 am ET). When your number is reached, you will be able to enter your DVC member number and sign up for Moonight Magic along with everyone on your reservation.

You can use the link to open windows on multiple devices before booking begins, then close other windows after you get in on one device. You should not, however, refresh your window -- that will generate a new, later queue number.

If you are unable to book because your queue number isn't reached before bookings close on "Early Registration" day, you can try again in the "General" registration the following week.

This was actually far less complicated than I expected. For the Animal Kingdom Moonlight Magic in December, I was fully booked by 11:10 am.
We did early reg for Epcot Mar 1 MM on Jan 9 …. I think regular reg was Jan 11 and ‘sold out’ very quickly … AK Feb 26 MM early registration is Feb 1 …

A couple of times in the past for these type member events we did not get the e-mail before registration opened with the link. If we don't receive the e-mail, where do we go to register ?? Thanks !
Watch here on DISboards. Someone will post the link!

Has anyone recieved any links yet ? I have not and registration is the first right? I just don’t want to miss anything

The link is now live on the DVC member page. When you login you will see under news and alerts Register for Moonlight Magic. Just as a reminder, how early you get in the queue as NO bearing on your place in the queue when it is time to register. It is completely random.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter