AKL - King room config. question

MinnieGi

DVC/BWV
Hi,
I'm looking to book a standard room at AKL with a King bed, but have found different room set-ups on two different sites. I was hoping that someone who has actually stayed in a King could help me out.

Deb Wills site: has pics and descriptions of a standard King room as containing a King + day bed.

TheDis site: has room layout of standard King as containing only the King bed. The Deluxe King room layout shows the King + day bed.

Thanks for any help!
Gi

On the official Disney World website, it shows exactly what you state -- a Standard room can have a configuration with only a king-sized bed and a Deluxe room can have a configuration with a king-sized bed and a daybed. (Click here to go to official AKL guest room floor plans.)

Since the only king-bedroom I have stayed in at the AKL was part of my two-bedroom suite, I'm probably not much help. I can tell you that the master bedroom of my suite did have a king-sized bed and no daybed in it (the second bedroom in my suite had a daybed, bunk beds, and a queen-sized bed).

Have you searched the DIS' AKL FAQ thread for this info? Maybe something is stated in there (it's worth a shot).

MinnieGi, I seem to remember reading that only the deluxe rooms at the AKL had the day bed. if you really need to know the answer to your Standard King Room configuration question, I think placing a phone call to the AKL's Front Desk might help. Someone there should be able to look up the Standard room configurations and tell you what bedding layout is found in each type of room. The official WDW website states that the AKL's main telephone number is (407)-938-3000.

Thanks Janet!

I think I will give AKL main desk a call. Thanks for providing the number. The daybed in the room with a King would be perfect for us, so I'll see what they say.

Thanks again!
Gi

Please let us know what they say! I thought only the deluxe rooms have king + daybed, but it would be great to hear it from the source :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter