AKL or Key West?

mercydisney

Is it on sale?
Standard AKL or Key West, if you had the option which one would you choose and why?

I am having a tough time deciding.

What is the difference between value studio and standard studio is AKL?

Thanks

Value studios are smaller and only at Jambo. If I wanted 2Q beds in the studio I would stay at OKW.

Value studios at Jambo were a few rooms converted from the smaller standard hotel rooms and are 3' shorter from door to balcony, and I think hey have smaller mini-fridges without the freezer compartment. They might be parking lot, pool or savannah view. At Jambo, standard view is pool view or partial savanna view. At Kidani, standard view can be parking lot, pool or partial savanna view.

OKW studios have 2 queen beds with no (pull out) couch. I kinda like having a couch mid-day, but I can understand why some might like the 2nd "real" bed.

So difficult to choose! For me, I'd go with AKV. However, DH wouldn't hesitate to choose OKW. One difference is that it's probably easier to get food at CS or TS at AKV. OKW is more like condos. AKV is more "hotel-y". When I've stayed at AKV, sometimes I'll go to the lobby or sunset savannah lounge to read a book. It's not as easy to do that at OKW. However, OKW has quiet pools (more accurately called "leisure pools")-I don't think AKV does.

We just got back from Orlando. Spent 2 nights at OKW, 4 nights at Vero Beach and 1 night at AKL Jambo. We have been to OKW many times. It was our first time at AKL. We loved the AKL and all the animals but we also live the quiet pools at OKW. So if you have never been to AKL and like a big pool but no quiet pools I'd recommend that. For us having been to AKL we will go again but we did miss the quiet pools and hot tub at OKW.

Thank You Everyone! I have decided on OKW. The idea that we can rent bikes, boat to DTD and the slide were the winning factor. We stayed last year at AKL Jambo house and enjoyed the theming but the poo were not my kids favorite. I am a little afraid of the bus situation at OKW since t has lots of stops. But I know I will get lots of info on that here

Can anyone recommend a room area?

Thanks again for all your help!

Thank You Everyone! I have decided on OKW. The idea that we can rent bikes, boat to DTD and the slide were the winning factor. We stayed last year at AKL Jambo house and enjoyed the theming but the poo were not my kids favorite. I am a little afraid of the bus situation at OKW since t has lots of stops. But I know I will get lots of info on that here

Can anyone recommend a room area?

Thanks again for all your help!

There is a specific booking category of near Hospitality House. I would try book that if you would like to use the main pool and that area. That guarantees you one of the closer bldgs.

Bldgs 23-26 are considered Hospitality House category but aren't right there in front of the short term parking and main bus stop so aren't "busy". They are also a quick walk to the pool and shops/food. Coming home from parks you're the 1st stop. We love this area and will request it again, Bldg 23 being a fave.

Bldgs 23-26 are considered Hospitality House category but aren't right there in front of the short term parking and main bus stop so aren't "busy". They are also a quick walk to the pool and shops/food. Coming home from parks you're the 1st stop. We love this area and will request it again, Bldg 23 being a fave.

Thank You, I will definatly requesting building 23!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter