• AKL club with AK and MK after hours

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • POR RR with AK & MK after hours, IOA and hoop dreams doo

Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disneyhenry

DisneyRosie
We are just staying 4 nights post cruise, 2 family’s of 5 adults and 3 kids age 12,11 and 8 our options are

A) AKL Club level and do 2 after hours parks the AK and the MK
B) POR RR with the 2 after hours parks AK and MK, Hoop de Doo and 1 day universal IOA

Both will have relaxing time but AKL will have more price will be about the same for option A and B

Both sound so good so thought I would reach out and see others opinions on this thx!

From what I’m understanding, you’ll have 2 rooms, one with 3 adults and 1 child, and one room with 2 adults and 2 children. You’re only doing 2 after hours park nights.
If you stay at POR you’ll also add on a day at universal. And a dinner at Hoop de do.

Both are great resorts, POR is my fav moderate. I also love AKL CL. Because you aren’t doing any park during the days, and with one room having 3 adults I’d say AKL. There are more things to do during the day, at AKL and it’s an easy walk over to Kidani. Plus I love their CL. Another nice thing is the rooms have balconies, giving more room especially for the room with 3 adults. In the evenings AKL has night googles at a station by the Uzima lookout. Also an evening Cultural Safari well worth attending.

I think that I agree with the PP and would choose AKL. It is a gorgeous resort that is very much a vacation in itself, with plenty to do and see inside. I loves the art tour as well as the little culinary tour offered.

I too would pick AKL. I would never do UO without staying on site there- thats a game changer. So I’d pick AKL and enjoy all it had to offer there.

I guess I'm the voice of dissent here. I would do POR, save the money and add on Hoop and IOA. AKL is gorgeous, but so is POR and the size of the room at POR isn't significantly smaller. If you aren't doing parks during the day, you also have the boat to DS from POR so you can explore that area as well. Or, cut out CL at AKL to see if you can get that cost down a little.

I also would pick POR. You’ll have the boat to DS and can walk over to POFQ. They also have things to do at the resort. I always vote for doing more and staying at a lower tier resort and POR is beautiful. We love it there.

I would do AKL cut out CL to save money. You could even just do a standard view there. If you are going to be spending your days mostly at the resort then AKL. Better food, more to do, you can use pools and restaurants at both Jambo and Kidani.

We have stayed at both and AKL is my favorite. It is such a special resort. I would always choose a deluxe over a moderate. I would pick it and forget about hoop dee doo and IOA.

Another point to mention about IOA is that you won't get the Express Pass unless you stay on property with them. So you'd have to pay out of pocket for it which is expensive. Unless you planned on doing it without it

I guess I'm the voice of dissent here. I would do POR, save the money and add on Hoop and IOA. AKL is gorgeous, but so is POR and the size of the room at POR isn't significantly smaller. If you aren't doing parks during the day, you also have the boat to DS from POR so you can explore that area as well. Or, cut out CL at AKL to see if you can get that cost down a little.
The difference between CL and a SV is like $500, that’s about how much we would drink in sodas lol
Thanks for the idea

The difference between CL and a SV is like $500, that’s about how much we would drink in sodas lol
Thanks for the idea

Oh, wow! You could always get a grocery delivery and stock your mini-fridge at POR or in a standard room at AKL. For me, it really comes down to if you want to hang around and enjoy the resort or if you want to add extras. I think POR is beautiful and has great amenities, so, I personally, would stay there and do the extras. Especially if the cruise is a more laid-back experience. I would kind of want to get out and explore once I'm in WDW.

Thanks for the idea
Just so you know, you can buy a refillable cup I think its $20. And you can fill it up as much as you want. This is the one we got. You can even fill it with coffee as well

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191114-084320_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191114-084320_Chrome.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 2
Voting for AKL, but dropping the Club Level to save $$$ and apply that savings to the incredible food options at AKL both in Jambo House and in Kidani. It will be way more relaxing to spend the time not traveling to IOA and there will still be things to do for the kids at the resort. Plus if everyone relaxes during the time not at the after hours events, then there's more energy for those events.

Thanks for the idea
If you plan to spend some time in the lounge, including afternoon snacks, evening appetizers and desserts as well as beverages. the AKL CL might be worth the extra cost. It would definitely be a more relaxing vacation than POR with all the additional activities. Trying to do Hoop Dee Doo, Universal, and two after hours parks in a four night stay sounds a little exhausting.

My vote isn't an option, but I would skip club level at AKL and use that money to do IOA, so AKL regular room both AH and IOA. Club level just isn't worth it IMO.

We REALLY like Universal too so I'd choose whatever option allows time at Universal (but make sure you get the Universal unlimited express passes).

Yacht Club is our favorite resort, but we are staying at Port Orleans next year because we can get two rooms there for the price of one room at Yacht Club, and as a family of 5 adults two rooms is a more comfortable arrangement at this point. We really like Port Orleans too, but will miss Yacht Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter