AKL September 2007!

ktink

DIS Veteran
We'll be at AKL 9/2-9/8 w/ free dining.

List your time at AKL! Hope to see ya there!

We will be there 9/7 to 9/15.:cool1: And we are excited, atleast my wife and I are excited. The kids have never been and I don't think we will tell them until the day we get up and head to the airport.

Which reminds me that we have been waiting for airline ticket prices to drop. And finally they did over the weekend. So we booked this morning and really feel like it is all coming togther now. :banana:

Do you think it is cruel pirate: not to tell the kids? We were thinking it might help prserve our sanity not having them ask us for the next four months when do we go? Today, tomorrow, next week?????

space ranger, What a great surprise! I think it's great that you're not telling the kids, in fact I admire that. I'm trying my best to keep AKL a secret from our DDs. They know we're going but think we're staying at Pop. Hope to see ya there!

Well ktink I guess it will be a ghost town. Just our two families!!!!!!
:tigger:

This will be our first trip to the World ever and the wait is killing me. It will be me, DH, DS11 and DD9. We always thought if we ever had an opportunity to go we would have to stay at AKL and now we are! :thumbsup2 We haven't told the kids a thing and we don't plan to - in fact we have to fly out of Victoria to Seattle and change planes there to MCO. We'll just tell the kids we're going to Seattle for a bit of a break and see if they can figure it out when we get on another plane. Can't wait to see the looks on their faces. :rotfl: Since the airfare alone for us is a killer I don't think we'll ever make the trip again (unless we win the lottery LOL) so this will truly be a magical experience for all of us.

We, (Grandma, (that would be me), daughter (our Disney planner), son-in-law (who goes with the flow), and their children (my grandchildren)- DD9, DD7, DS5, DS5), will be at AKL Sept. 8-13. We decided not to let the construction keep us from AKL. It will be our first time at AKL and the kids are excited about the animals. It was tempting to go back to the WL but decided to try a different resort. Last year we were at the Boardwalk Villas and didn't feel the "Disney Magic" as much as usual; however, we still had a great time.

space ranger 1, we were also hoping for an upgrade to the Presidential Suite but since you arrive a day before us I'm sure you will get it....maybe you could invite us up to see it. HA! Last year we did not tell the kids until we woke them up and said "Wake up and let's go to Disney". They were so excited and thought we were kidding until they came downstairs and saw all the suitcases. It was really hard keeping it a secret. This year we are letting them know ahead of time. Good luck keeping your secret....it will be hard! I had also been watching the airfare and before I went to bed last Thursday night I saw that they had gone down and booked right away. Yea!!! Now all the planning is done we just have to wait for the 4 months to go by.

space ranger, you're killing me.:rotfl2:

I Run Long, by the looks of our tickers we'll be arriving on the same day!

carol/houston, we'll be leaving on your arrival day.:sad2:

Ktink I do believe you're right. We're arriving early evening (at least I hope so - don't like flight delays) on the 2nd. I'm hoping to beat everyone to the Presidential Suite! :rotfl: Let the race begin. :banana:

Ktink I do believe you're right. We're arriving early evening (at least I hope so - don't like flight delays) on the 2nd. I'm hoping to beat everyone to the Presidential Suite! :rotfl: Let the race begin. :banana:

Either one of you can it have it from the 2nd to the 7th, just to get it warmed up. But then you have to move for us when we arrive. :lmao:

I was looking at some really neat pictures of towels folded like animals over on allears.net. Those pictures were listed under the one bedroom suite and look like a lot of fun. Does anyone know if we will get that in the "regular rooms"?:confused:

Well, I can see that the race for the Presidential Suite Upgrade is on....I am hoping that ktink gets it and then she can just tell the cm at check-out that we will be checking in that day and save it for us! I'll invite everyone up to see it! How about that?

Either one of you can it have it from the 2nd to the 7th, just to get it warmed up. But then you have to move for us when we arrive. :lmao:

I was looking at some really neat pictures of towels folded like animals over on allears.net. Those pictures were listed under the one bedroom suite and look like a lot of fun. Does anyone know if we will get that in the "regular rooms"?:confused:

I believe we stand just as good a chance as anyone else of getting those towel animals. I seen other posts where many people get them but it does seem to be hit or miss.

I think you'll have to drag me out of that suite but I do believe we can enter into some negotiations. Hmmmmm . . . . :scratchin

We are sooooo excited - my DS (ages 5 & 6) and my husband's first visit ever. It's been 10 years since I've been....
Staying at AKL from 9/16-20 in a bunk room - anyone ever stayed in these before? We so wanted to have plenty of room for all of us - and it was here or the Wilderness Lodge. We chose the AKL - looks like it has a great pool.
I'm just starting to worry about transportation.... from some things I've read it looks like it takes FOREVER to get from here to anywhere. Anyone know anything about that?

space ranger1, we got quite a few towel animals when we were at WL and never any at Boardwalk....just depends on who is doing your room. One of the cutest was when they made a hammock out of a towel and put it from one headboard to the headboard of the other bed and put all the kids stuffed animals in it. Pretty creative! We always request turndown service and the kids love finding the candy on their pillows each night. It's the little things at the deluxe hotels that make it fun. It's kind of like that box of chocolates...you never know what you are going to get!

Well, I can see that the race for the Presidential Suite Upgrade is on....I am hoping that ktink gets it and then she can just tell the cm at check-out that we will be checking in that day and save it for us! I'll invite everyone up to see it! How about that?

:laughing: Sounds like a good plan to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter