Akl vs okw (1 bdrm)

Dvcmbr09

Mouseketeer
We going in August for a week with two teenage girls. We debating whether to stay 1 bdrm at akl kidani or okw. The standard view at akl is about 3 pts more the okw. They both have pull out chair so girls can have own beds. Akl kidani has second bathrm which is huge for us three females. Okw is a little closer to rest of disney the akl. Okw also has the most sq footage. But not all okw 1 bdrm have separate door thru laundry area into bathroom. Does anyone know how many and which 1 bedrm at okw have that separate door into bathrm? I have stayed at both resorts, the girls have not stayed at Okw. I love decor at akl, but feel like it takes forever to get to rest of disney. I enjoy everything about okw but afraid girls won't like it (they love beach club!! But refuse to share a bed)

We love OKW but haven't stayed at AKV yet, so I can't really compare. All buildings 30 and higher have the second bathroom entrance at OKW. With teenage girls, I'd probably go with AKV for the 2nd bathroom.

OKW does give you lots of space and easy access to DTD if the girls would be interested in going there. Also, while OKW only has one bathroom, the two sinks are totally separate, so two different people can be using the sink at one time. The shower is in one room and the tub in a separate room. But only one toilet.

OKW would give you a full sized washer and dryer versus the stackables. And the queen sleeper sofa and twin sleeper chair.

With AKV you gain a toilet. And the savanna that you don't get with standard view.

Those are our two favorite resorts! We love the animals at AKV and all the wonderful exchange programs etc. The 1 bedrooms are pretty convenient with the two bathrooms, BUT....If you book at OKW, you will have more space, and it will seem more like "home". If you do OKW, just be sure you request building 30 or HIGHER. Buildings 11-29 only have one door into the bathroom, but 30 and higher all have a door into the shower/toilet part of the bathroom through the laundry room.

We love AKV/Kidani, but we always wish it was laid out like OKW.

even though we are finally empty nesters, whenever we invite any of the girls along, OKW is always their first choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter