The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Is it really though? I mean everyone has cell phones now. I know lots of people that don’t have a home phone. I don’t think it’s really a safety issue like it might have once been.
I wouldn't agree that everyone had a cell phone now. While small, there is certainly still a segment of the population that doesn't have them. That segment of the population, an older demographic, may be more reliant on landlines in the event of an emergency. Also consider that some international guests may not want to pay international roaming charges while in the US. The phones also are not just used to contact the front desk to request additional supplies.

Last edited:
And just to confirm, there are still phones and they do still work. The main thing that is missing now is the phone in the living room area; it is only the phones integrated into the clock radios.
Interesting units actually. We were there a few days after the time change and ours was 2 hours out. I'm a tech guy (computer engineer) and it took me an awfully long time to finally figure out how to adjust the time, although I did somehow switch it to 24 clock which I couldn't figure out how to undo. Some instructions for these things would probably be appreciated.

And just to confirm, there are still phones and they do still work. The main thing that is missing now is the phone in the living room area; it is only the phones integrated into the clock radios.
Interesting units actually. We were there a few days after the time change and ours was 2 hours out. I'm a tech guy (computer engineer) and it took me an awfully long time to finally figure out how to adjust the time, although I did somehow switch it to 24 clock which I couldn't figure out how to undo. Some instructions for these things would probably be appreciated.
There is no longer a phone on the bar counter in the kitchen?

Hello SVR fans!
It's been awhile but I am headed back to SVR. This will be the first time that we are flying with no plans to rent a car.
Does anyone have any tips for travel from MCO to SVR? Shuttles, services, Ubers etc? This trip will include six adults.

🇨🇦:stitch:

There is no longer a phone on the bar counter in the kitchen?
Correct, or in our case (Courts Townhome) in the living room, there is no longer one on the side table. Presumably they are also gone from the kitchen area in the other units (I recall them there in both Springs and Spas).

Hello SVR fans!
It's been awhile but I am headed back to SVR. This will be the first time that we are flying with no plans to rent a car.
Does anyone have any tips for travel from MCO to SVR? Shuttles, services, Ubers etc? This trip will include six adults.

Not from personal experience, we always rented when we weren't driving down, but with 6 people and luggage I would start by checking out Mears to get a large enough vehicle. However, if the cost is too high you could consider 2 or even 3 Ubers. Rideshare is pretty competitive in Orlando by all accounts.

The transportation board has lots of great information on this kind of stuff!

Hello SVR fans!

I've used and am a big fan of Tiffany Town Car.

Yes, I am still here, and yes I am still staying at SVR 3-4 times per year and have updates.

First, and again as a timeshare owner and frequent user of RCI and Interval.... there is no need to contact a pre-arrival coordinator if you are not a SVR owner. The front desk, managers and everyone in the front is more than happy to work with customers and help you have a great vacation. They have re stated this to me many, many times. No one has any inside information, as told to me by SVR, and they welcome any communication directly with their representatives via the regular phone numbers. They want outside customers, people who are not current owners, to reach out to them with any requests, information, and assistance and they will work with you within their power. They are more than accommodating, and more than willing to help their customers, no matter if they are an owner, someone trading, or someone just booking online. They want to help you have the best experience possible and there's no "inside" information or tips or tricks. They have stated many times that everyone who books, no matter HOW they book, they will work with you to have a great experience. And we stay here multiple times per year, and do not own a timeshare with SVR. They also NEVER pressure us for a timeshare presentation, as with Wyndham Bonnet Creek, where we also stay.

Case in point... we just completed a stay with 12 family members, several rooms, booked through Interval, and they've gone above and beyond with trying to help us. They don't like outsiders giving information about the resort, that may not be up to date, or accurate, and they prefer you contact them directly with any questions, concerns, or requests. This was AGAIN stated to me by the resort itself. There's no trick, no inside scoop and no preferential treatment. They want all guests to have the best experience they can offer. They literally dismiss any information from "outsiders" or "other owners" as not accurate. They prefer to speak directly for themselves and don't want other's (owners) to speak for them. This is confirmed to me by several customer service people and managers. If you don't believe me, contact them directly.

We were able to request several rooms, in the same building for our reservation. They want to work with customers. They will say there's no guarantee, and that's true, but they WANT to make your stay great and will go to great lengths to do so. We never demand, never pressure, and never flaunt that we own several timeshares. We politely ask, and they will do their best to help you. Thankfully, they've gone above and beyond, even with a FULLY BOOKED week in our preferred section. I highly recommend SVR for customer service.

I don't know how many times I have to repeat that NO ONE on here has any inside information or holds any weight with SVR. They have told me repeatedly that no one speaks for SVR, no one has any inside information, and no one can tell other potential customers what will work or what won't. SVR is not happy if they are portrayed as being "owner exclusive" in accommodating requests or questions. They have a HUGE market for non-Sheraton owners, and they want to keep that status. They're not happy as being portrayed as "owner exclusive" in requests or treatment. Again, call them directly if there's a question about it. But we stay here several times per year, have done so for many years, and have stayed other places with our timeshare (that is not Sheraton). SVR is amazing with customer service for non-owners.

It's an insult, and not accurate information from the resort directly, to keep on assuming that any SVR owner knows how the rest of us should book, what to expect, and what to do to book. Please just call them directly. They want you to, and they will work with you, no matter how you book. 1-407-239-3100

Hello SVR fans!

This is late, but when traveling from MCO, there is the option of Uber XXL that will accommodate 6 adults with luggage. We've done it a few times. It's still a MUCH cheaper option than taxi or car services. I think it was around $50-$60 our last trip a few weeks ago. But the XXL option does not show up on the app until you're there. It's basically a minivan or large SUV. It works the same going from SVR to MCO. Super easy, super convenient, and Uber or lyft is generally much cheaper for us than renting a car.

You can also look into Turo, for rental cars. It's kind of like AirB&B for cars. We still find Uber cheaper for us depending on how we get to Florida and how long we're there.

Yes, I am still here, and yes I am still staying at SVR 3-4 times per year and have updates.

First, and again as a timeshare owner and frequent user of RCI and Interval.... there is no need to contact a pre-arrival coordinator if you are not a SVR owner. The front desk, managers and everyone in the front is more than happy to work with customers and help you have a great vacation. They have re stated this to me many, many times. No one has any inside information, as told to me by SVR, and they welcome any communication directly with their representatives via the regular phone numbers. They want outside customers, people who are not current owners, to reach out to them with any requests, information, and assistance and they will work with you within their power. They are more than accommodating, and more than willing to help their customers, no matter if they are an owner, someone trading, or someone just booking online. They want to help you have the best experience possible and there's no "inside" information or tips or tricks. They have stated many times that everyone who books, no matter HOW they book, they will work with you to have a great experience. And we stay here multiple times per year, and do not own a timeshare with SVR. They also NEVER pressure us for a timeshare presentation, as with Wyndham Bonnet Creek, where we also stay.

Case in point... we just completed a stay with 12 family members, several rooms, booked through Interval, and they've gone above and beyond with trying to help us. They don't like outsiders giving information about the resort, that may not be up to date, or accurate, and they prefer you contact them directly with any questions, concerns, or requests. This was AGAIN stated to me by the resort itself. There's no trick, no inside scoop and no preferential treatment. They want all guests to have the best experience they can offer. They literally dismiss any information from "outsiders" or "other owners" as not accurate. They prefer to speak directly for themselves and don't want other's (owners) to speak for them. This is confirmed to me by several customer service people and managers. If you don't believe me, contact them directly.

We were able to request several rooms, in the same building for our reservation. They want to work with customers. They will say there's no guarantee, and that's true, but they WANT to make your stay great and will go to great lengths to do so. We never demand, never pressure, and never flaunt that we own several timeshares. We politely ask, and they will do their best to help you. Thankfully, they've gone above and beyond, even with a FULLY BOOKED week in our preferred section. I highly recommend SVR for customer service.

I don't know how many times I have to repeat that NO ONE on here has any inside information or holds any weight with SVR. They have told me repeatedly that no one speaks for SVR, no one has any inside information, and no one can tell other potential customers what will work or what won't. SVR is not happy if they are portrayed as being "owner exclusive" in accommodating requests or questions. They have a HUGE market for non-Sheraton owners, and they want to keep that status. They're not happy as being portrayed as "owner exclusive" in requests or treatment. Again, call them directly if there's a question about it. But we stay here several times per year, have done so for many years, and have stayed other places with our timeshare (that is not Sheraton). SVR is amazing with customer service for non-owners.

It's an insult, and not accurate information from the resort directly, to keep on assuming that any SVR owner knows how the rest of us should book, what to expect, and what to do to book. Please just call them directly. They want you to, and they will work with you, no matter how you book. 1-407-239-3100
You're really hung up on this aren't you? Why do you come here to provide this information if you don't think people should be providing information about the resort. Aren't you guilty of the same thing you are accusing others of being guilty of?

This thread must have lived rent free in your head the entire time you were at SVR? Why does it bother you so much that this thread exists and people come here to talk about Vistana Resort?

Last edited:
Just as another perspective, we stayed 2 weeks in April, having rented from an owner with star option points. I did both email and call the pre-arrival coordinator. The owner had been able to reserve Springs, and when we checked in they could not change it to Fountains 1. Springs is our favorite on the main side, and my request for 3rd floor pond view, with a preference for either of 2 buildings—so a very granular request — was noted in my reservation and granted. We had a wonderful stay, as always.

You're really hung up on this aren't you? Why do you come here to provide this information if you don't think people should be providing information about the resort. Aren't you guilty of the same thing you are accusing others of being guilty of?

This thread must have lived rent free in your head the entire time you were at SVR? Why does it bother you so much that this thread exists and people come here to talk about Vistana Resort?
Also, I've stayed at SVR now I think something like 8 times, both as a direct book through marriott.com, and through II certificates. About half the time I was contacted by the "pre-arrival coordinator" asking for room requests. The other half I reached out first. Both times they were great. I'm not sure what this poster is talking about when he says that the pre-arrival coordinator is only for owners. I'm not an owner and they affirmatively reached out to me.

Just as another perspective, we stayed 2 weeks in April, having rented from an owner with star option points. I did both email and call the pre-arrival coordinator. The owner had been able to reserve Springs, and when we checked in they could not change it to Fountains 1. Springs is our favorite on the main side, and my request for 3rd floor pond view, with a preference for either of 2 buildings—so a very granular request — was noted in my reservation and granted. We had a wonderful stay, as always.
Speaking of which, who is the pre-arrival coordinator these days? I have a trip coming up on June 22nd and want to make a request for a top floor room. Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter