AKV at AKL where is it

The current AKL is oriented North-South, with the main Arusha savanna in the middle to the North of the main lobby. The Kudu Trail is the westernmost trail (on the Left if facing north towarsd the Arusha savanna from the lobby), and the left hand side, or West side, of the Kudu Trail would be the Sunset Savanna. You know, the sun sets in the West so the Western side of the Lodge is the Sunset Savanna.

We had a deluxe room on the 4th floor of the Kudu Trail facing the Sunset Savanna one time. The morning (esp. early morning; got to get to the parks by opening time, enjoy the lodge whenh we come back araound lunch) was great viewing, with lots of animals out and about. The afternoon was tough tho, with the sun blazing in from the western savanna. But then late in the afternoon or early evening, enjoying a bottle of wine, the savanna was gorgeous, with the sun setting behind the recently fed animals.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

thank you it does.

now the parking lot views - they look like they are on the Ostrich Trail not Kudu Trail.

so what am I not seeing?

You might already know this but I'll just start from the beginning...

Each of the trails is a hallway, with rooms on each slide. So you may get two different views on each trail. There are only 6th floor rooms on the side of the lobby, none on the trails (only up to the 5th floor).

The deluxe rooms (381sq.ft) are on the Kudu and Zebra trails and the standard rooms (344sq.ft.) are on the Ostrich and Giraffe trails.

The Sunset Savanna(h) is between the Ostrich trail and the Kudu trail. Therefore one side of the Ostrich trail will have savanna(h) view rooms and the other half will have parking lot view rooms.

The Arusha Savanna(h) is the main savannah that is straight out from the lobby and is surrounded by the Kudu and Zebra trails.

The Uzima Savanna(h) is to the east(right) of the end of the Zebra trail and the pool area. The pool area is between the Zebra trail and the Giraffe trails.

HTH

Will AKV have rooms on the Ostrich and Giraffe Trails? If so, will those be the value rooms?

Spiceycat, thank you for posting the map. I now have a better understanding of the whole resort! We were all the way at the end of the Giraffe trail, yes we saw the busses. But DH mentioned to me earlier today, that we had easy access to the pool. I don't remember that, but he was right!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Will AKV have rooms on the Ostrich and Giraffe Trails? If so, will those be the value rooms?

As far as I understand, DVC is taking all of the 5th and 6th floors which would include the 5th floor of the Ostrich and Giraffe trails. I believe this was also shown on one of the documents that has been made public.

No one knows for sure where the value rooms are. My guess is that the smaller rooms on the Ostrich and Giraffe trails will be them, but this means that they will have parking lot, pool and Savannah view in the value catagory. At the very least the parking lot view rooms will be.

Last time I was at AKL, I stayed in a pool view room (I think it was delux-I booked standard pool view, but it was 5th floor, so delux?). Anyways, is that room definitely going to be among the ones converted to DVC rooms? ALL the rooms on the 5th floor?

Last time I was at AKL, I stayed in a pool view room (I think it was delux-I booked standard pool view, but it was 5th floor, so delux?). Anyways, is that room definitely going to be among the ones converted to DVC rooms? ALL the rooms on the 5th floor?

If it was on the Giraffe trail it was a smaller Standard Pool View room. The 5th floor has a mixture of deluxe and standard rooms with the deluxe on the Kudu and Zebra trails and the standard on the Ostrich and Giraffe trails and possibly the lobby rooms. There are only 15 rooms on the 6th floor are deluxe rooms around the lobby.

The documents state that DVC is taking over the entire 5th floor so AKL's deluxe pool view rooms will be converted to AKV villas.

ETA: See Lisareniff's post below (#11). It appears that some of the fifth-floor AKL rooms that face the parking lot are not included!

I'm starting to questions my statement that all of the 5th floor is to be DVC.

Take a look at this pic taken from the document.... It looks like only half of the Giraffe and Ostrich trail is included in the bounds of the this drawing. I don't have any experince in this area. Does anyone have any thoughts?

4dy4tvd.jpg

I'm starting to questions my statement that all of the 5th floor is to be DVC.

Take a look at this pic taken from the document.... It looks like only half of the Giraffe and Ostrich trail is included in the bounds of the this drawing. I don't have any experience in this area. Does anyone have any thoughts?
That is interesting! Yes, it does look like half of those trails are not included. Exhibit B in the Master Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions contains that drawing and a text description of the part of the Lodge that AKV will occupy. Unfortunately, it wasn't much help since it describes what AKV includes but not what it excludes -- that info is spelled out "surveyor speak".

From Exhibit B, the description of the Residential Master Parcel (i.e., AKV):

The Fifth Floor of The Lodge: That portion of Animal Kingdom Lodge located on and wholly within the perimeter boundary of the property legal described below, the boundaries of which are more particularly described as follows (it being the intent of this description to describe the fifth floor of the Animal Kingdom Lodge):

[description of upper and lower boundaries removed because it isn't relevant to this discussion...]

(2) Perimeter Boundaries: The perimeter boundaries are the vertical planes along and coincident with the unfinished interior surface of the perimeter walls of the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

(3) The Fifth Floor is located on and wholly within the following perimeter boundary:

[a long description only a surveyor could appreciate]

TOGETHER WITH: The Sixth Floor of the Lodge: [same description as above, just substitute "Sixth Floor" for "Fifth Floor"]

Too bad there isn't a version of this that describes it in terms of AKL trails and room numbers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter