AKV Kidani Room request...

ltmoko

Earning My Ears
We are going on our first DVC vacation in Nov, I BDRM Savanna view.I have requested a room near the lobby because my wife has degenerative joint disease in both knees. Do not want to be a long way from things or the elevators. Should I request anything different? Also which view would be better to see animals? We have a 10 & 2 1/2 yr old kids so they would love the animals. Thanks.

Many people like the lower floors to be closer to the animals. You may want to add that you would like to be on the bus stop side by the lobby, just a little less walking. We love Kidani, enjoy your stay!

I'm going in November and am requesting Sunset Savanna, 2nd floor. I don't care about distance to the elevator because I'll have a car (there are elevators throughout each wing that go down to the parking level).

I'm going in November and am requesting Sunset Savanna, 2nd floor. I don't care about distance to the elevator because I'll have a car (there are elevators throughout each wing that go down to the parking level).

Great if you have a car. We were way down the hall, near the last elevator. It was very convenient with the car, not so much when taking the busses.

We stayed there in August and after all e tales was not looking forward to the corridors but I didn't find them all that bad.

We are going on our first DVC vacation in Nov, I BDRM Savanna view.I have requested a room near the lobby because my wife has degenerative joint disease in both knees. Do not want to be a long way from things or the elevators. Should I request anything different? Also which view would be better to see animals? We have a 10 & 2 1/2 yr old kids so they would love the animals. Thanks.

I would make the reason for the request very clear because pretty much everyone requests near the lobby

I would make the reason for the request very clear because pretty much everyone requests near the lobby

Agreed, definitely let the CM at MS know that it is for medical reasons you need a room near the lobby. And repeat the request when actually checkin in at the resort. Medical requests are suppose to be considered first.

We have just arrived back from Kidani today :sad1: Our room was 6 minutes away from the lobby and 12 minutes from Jambo House. It always seemed a longer walk going back to the room than going to the lobby for some reason :confused3

Last January, we requested near the lobby for a medical reason and the request was not granted. I was very upset since we had to walk a very long way. They did nothing about it except give us a couple front of the line passes.

Last January, we requested near the lobby for a medical reason and the request was not granted. I was very upset since we had to walk a very long way. They did nothing about it except give us a couple front of the line passes.

Maybe there were none open that day. Did you ask if you could move the next day?

You'll probably want to rent her a wheelchair or scooter if walking is that difficult for her. She'll be doing lots of it at the parks.

Does anyone know the names of all the elevators at Kidani? I know there is the Timon elevator near the lobby on the Giraffe side, but I don't know the names of the others.

We are arriving in early December with a savannah view studio reservation and I would really like something on the Giraffe side. Since we will have a car and don't plan on spending oodles of time in the lobby, I figured something closer to Jambo House would be good for us (would make for shorter walks to Mara). Named elevators might be a good landmark reference for a room request! Thanks.

Bill

We stayed near the Rafiki elevator which was about halfway down towards the pool side. If you take that elevator you come out near the pool entrance in the parking garage. Sorry I don't know more names.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter